Page 261 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361761 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Unforunately, only Priest gave them a real "use" as Wakandan Secret Police... which is somethign that won't work in a BP movie unless you gonnna soil T'hcaka some more

ANd since then, no one has ever refined wtf they actually do... until they eventually got made into foot soldiers.

Now imaginging "Luke Charles" play keyboard for Monica lolololol

We tried to warn them.
    Coogler made the HZ Wakanda’s CIA, which seems like a good compromise between being a secret police or special ops. They’re spies and infiltrators that can handle themselves in a fight, the issue is they don’t have an identifiable appearance like the Dora do with their battle armor and spears. They also don’t have a “face” like Okoye. Nakia spends most of her time as just T’Challa’s badass love interest, not an actual spy. We get a little bit of that side of her in South Korea when she gets them into that nightclub to take down Klaw but other than that her biggest scene was when she was dressed like a Dora lol.

When you think about it, it makes much more sense for the HZ to have been dispatched to take back Zemo but they don’t have that visual wow factor or the popularity the way the Dora do. The sequel will probably end up putting them in their dope white suits so hopefully they’ll be more prominent.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    NOBODY would have guessed Coogler would go in the direction he did with the story.

AVA and OTHER directors passed on BP cause they felt like were going to make another cookie cutter Marvel film.

FEIGE LOVED CREED so much that he let Ryan bring in people outside the Marvel family. 3 of the 4 people won oscars.

Black Panther very well could have been Homecoming status for all we know without Ryan. Thats not to say other directors couldnt have produced or made something as good or better. However, Ryan was given Jackie Robinson status. He was the one allowed to enter and do his own thing and once he succeeded it opened up the door for others.

Ava left the project because they weren't going to allow her to do whatever she wanted to do. She didn't want to work in the confines of Marvel's ideas for the franchise. So why do you think the opposite suddenly became true for their second choice Coogler? You're right but nobody guessed he would go with the social dysphoria storyline and it was a good story line but Marvel still made him play by their rules. I'm sure he has much more freedom now that he's brought them a few Oscars.
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-13-2021 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Coogler made the HZ Wakanda’s CIA, which seems like a good compromise between being a secret police or special ops. They’re spies and infiltrators that can handle themselves in a fight, the issue is they don’t have an identifiable appearance like the Dora do with their battle armor and spears. They also don’t have a “face” like Okoye. Nakia spends most of her time as just T’Challa’s badass love interest, not an actual spy. We get a little bit of that side of her in South Korea when she gets them into that nightclub to take down Klaw but other than that her biggest scene was when she was dressed like a Dora lol.

When you think about it, it makes much more sense for the HZ to have been dispatched to take back Zemo but they don’t have that visual wow factor or the popularity the way the Dora do. The sequel will probably end up putting them in their dope white suits so hopefully they’ll be more prominent.
    Yep, exactly.

Change W'kabi from Border tribe leadr to HZ leader and boom, there ya go. Would even more make sense then that he wanted to go to Korea to capture Klaue... he was more used to leaving Wakanda than any Tribal Leader.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Ah, I love historical revisionism...

"Any director could have made BP great! Black Panther would have been a blockbuster no matter what!"

Sheesh. I'm actually reaching the point where I don't CARE if they recast T'Challa. No matter WHAT Coogler does, someone is going to point at some tediously trivial detail and proclaim him a hack.

Four years ago, it was "They haven't cast Shuri! The movie will bomb!"

Now it's "They are going to focus on Shuri! The movie will bomb!"

Meh.
    I don't think anyone here has called Ryan coogler a hack and I can't remember anyone saying that the movie was going to bomb because it was missing Shuri (shes always been an after thought until Coogler made her a genius and credited her with Wakandas advancements)

Any director definitely wouldn't have done the same job of producing a quality movie. But I'm definitely not going to pretend like there was only one director that could do it.
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-13-2021 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Ava left the project because they weren't going to allow her to do whatever she wanted to do. She didn't want to work in the confines of Marvel's I did for the franchise. So why do you think the opposite is true for coogler? You're right but nobody guessed he would go with the social dysphoria storyline and it was a good story line but Marvel still made him play by their rules. I'm sure he has much more freedom now that he's brought them a few Oscars
    Black Panther is still 100% a Marvel movie. It follows the same general structure. It is pumped full of action and pumped full of "marvel quips."

That si basically marvels "formula" now

- based around action
    - "quips"
    - fits into their universe and earlier movie mythology

once you fit in there.... you can basically do what you want these days. They have their own in house action people for goodness sake (I think it was Takai who mentioned he dind't even do the action stuff for his movie).

I would imagine Ava wanted to break that mold and Marvel rightfully said no. Coogler worked within the confines of the formula.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If Tchalla played in a band, what instrument would he play? I'd say keyboard or bass.
    Piano or Sax...something versatile
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-13-2021 at 04:30 PM.

Black Panther is still 100% a Marvel movie. It follows the same general structure. It is pumped full of action and pumped full of "marvel quips."

That si basically marvels "formula" now

- based around action
    - "quips"
    - fits into their universe and earlier movie mythology

once you fit in there.... you can basically do what you want these days. They have their own in house action people for goodness sake (I think it was Takai who mentioned he dind't even do the action stuff for his movie).

I would imagine Ava wanted to break that mold and Marvel rightfully said no. Coogler worked within the confines of the formula.
    With the level of creative freedom that Marvel allowed coogler I really wonder where Ava was trying to go with it LOL maybe she wanted to do an origin story or something

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Yep, exactly.

Change W'kabi from Border tribe leadr to HZ leader and boom, there ya go. Would even more make sense then that he wanted to go to Korea to capture Klaue... he was more used to leaving Wakanda than any Tribal Leader.
    Could say they disbanded it and then after W'Kabi's betrayal, the snap, etc. they decided to bring it back.

Ayo actually makes sense in going after Zemo because she was on sight when T'Chaka died. So maybe she asked for the job to bring back Zemo and he let her go instead.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 04-13-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

With the level of creative freedom that Marvel allowed coogler I really wonder where Ava was trying to go with it LOL maybe she wanted to do an origin story or something
    I think if she wasnt such good friends with Coogler she would have spoken on her ideas by now. I'd be interested as well as I was good with her doing it after Selma.

Could say they disbanded it and then after W'Kabi's betrayal, the snap, etc. they decided to bring it back.

Ayo actually makes sense in going after Zemo because she was on sight when T'Chaka died. So maybe she asked for the job to bring back Zemo and he let her go instead.
    I wonder if Ayo was assigned to T'chaka while Okoye was assigned to T'challa the Black Panther.

Hence T'chaka dying being her "eternal shame" and such.

Plus why Okoye wasn't there (in canon) during CW. Ayo lead the security because she was "T'chaka's main Dora" of sorts.

T'chaka, being king, could have assigned the best Dora (Okoye) to his heir.

Ava left the project because they weren't going to allow her to do whatever she wanted to do. She didn't want to work in the confines of Marvel's ideas for the franchise. So why do you think the opposite suddenly became true for their second choice Coogler? You're right but nobody guessed he would go with the social dysphoria storyline and it was a good story line but Marvel still made him play by their rules. I'm sure he has much more freedom now that he's brought them a few Oscars.
    Given what Ava did to WRINKLE IN TIME, I'm fairly certain her take would have been worse. Call it a hunch.

Nah, T'Challa himself would do it again, especially when considering that there are superhumans involved

Given what Ava did to WRINKLE IN TIME, I'm fairly certain her take would have been worse. Call it a hunch.
    Oh I'm sure. But I'm still curious as to what they said no to

Oh I'm sure. But I'm still curious as to what they said no to
    We may never know, but it wouldn't shock me if she wanted to give Shuri a bigger role. Empowerment of young girls seems to be one of her things.

We may never know, but it wouldn't shock me if she wanted to give Shuri a bigger role. Empowerment of young girls seems to be one of her things.
    Ironically the fact that it landed in Coolers lap actually helped Shuri out more than whatever out there thing Ava might have done with the character. Coogler not understanding the value of t'challa initially and dispersing his genius to his kid sister while also crediting her for Wakandas advancements instead pretty much gave her the fanbase she has today of ppl who think wakanda would be nothing without her.
    Ava might have went to warrior or magician route from the comics and apmed that up
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-13-2021 at 05:55 PM.