Page 40 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140540 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Dammit, I actually owe Jason Aaron an apology now...

T'Challa's second "fight" in Avengers #41 is actually pretty good. Fans of the Priest era will enjoy it.
    If you said it's good it must be outstanding. .

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Tchalla did his thing this issue..
    Coates should really feel ashamed about his Tchalla
    Now he should feel ashamed? He should have felt that a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    That should have been purple instead of read.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Killmonger was right people need just a much therapy as Killmonger needed
    I guess i need therapy..
    Because he was right

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If you said it's good it must be outstanding. .
    I am rather hard to please...

Since it's technically a spoiler, I created a quick gallery with the scene, so people who don't want to know can avoid it:

https://imgur.com/a/DLIuGu4

T'Challa's second "fight" in Avengers #41 is actually pretty good. Fans of the Priest era will enjoy it.
    I will have to check it out. He did give us see wakanda and die so he has it in him

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I guess i need therapy..
    Because he was right
    Alot of viewers came away feeling that way. Its not the viewers fault either. Coogler knew what he was doing and accomplished it. Death over slavery is always going to be considered the more honorable approach. There was no reason to even give him that line anyway since it didn't advance the plot at all or do anything to help the titular character. That doesn't mean the movie was horrible or anything it's just one of many minor critiques I have about where the focus should have been primarily.

So now in the sequel we potentially have an anti-hero covered in marks used to keep track of kills as the male hero for black kids. Unless its just a dahlia scene which (again) who would need to speak to him outside of Tchalla?
    Last edited by Ekie; 01-20-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I will have to check it out. He did give us see wakanda and die so he has it in him
    This issue was even better than the one where T’Challa took on Moon Knight imo. Probably one of the best BP-centric issues in years. We got the warrior, intellectual, and political side of T’Challa. Really strong characterization from Aaron. I’m tempted to say he should write the next solo but I’ve been hearing from some posters in this thread he’d go the deconstruction route based on his Thor books. I didn’t finish his Thor so I can’t say for certain but all I know is if we got more of Aaron’s Avengers T’Challa, it’d be the best run since Hudlin’s. Easily.

Ultimate Member

Since it's technically a spoiler, I created a quick gallery with the scene, so people who don't want to know can avoid it:

https://imgur.com/a/DLIuGu4
    Cute scene, though as always, it's politics are a little late.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This issue was even better than the one where T’Challa took on Moon Knight imo. Probably one of the best BP-centric issues in years. We got the warrior, intellectual, and political side of T’Challa. Really strong characterization from Aaron. I’m tempted to say he should write the next solo but I’ve been hearing from some posters in this thread he’d go the deconstruction route based on his Thor books. I didn’t finish his Thor so I can’t say for certain but all I know is if we got more of Aaron’s Avengers T’Challa, it’d be the best run since Hudlin’s. Easily.
    I think the problem with Aaron's Thor is that it went on too long. I think Marvel was caught off guard how it sold when they switched the focus to Jane so they had Aaron drag it out longer than anticipated.

As a thor fan but not fanatic that knows all the canon of the character... I LOVED the pre Jane stuff, and found the Jane stuff enjoyable until it just kept going past its due date. and going. and going. and going.

(now his Odin was straight trash lol)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What do you mean late?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think the problem with Aaron's Thor is that it went on too long. I think Marvel was caught off guard how it sold when they switched the focus to Jane so they had Aaron drag it out longer than anticipated.

As a thor fan but not fanatic that knows all the canon of the character... I LOVED the pre Jane stuff, and found the Jane stuff enjoyable until it just kept going past its due date. and going. and going. and going.

(now his Odin was straight trash lol)
    I think Aaron would probably treat T'Challa well if he ever wrote the solo, unless his run had to suddenly pivot into making Shuri or Okoye the Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    That’s my only criticism of this issue. Where was all this political **** that T’Challa and Nighthawk were doing on panel lol? I wanna see more of that. Like everyone’s been saying for months now, the superhuman arms race between the world powers has been the most interesting subplot in this series. Espionage between the US and a Wakanda-backed Avengers? That should’ve been an arc of its own, but instead Aaron pulls a Hickman and just alludes to the stuff happening leaving us to wonder if/when there’ll be a follow-up.

Wow, JA did a fantastic job on T'Challa. Dude really gets who T'Challa is. Coates should of taken notes. THIS is who and what T'Challa is, and how he operates...

Also I appreciate the Homage to Chad and connecting him to Wakanda on panel. Now that HAS to stay forever, I won't accept anything less