Page 387 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487887 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Haha, I meant to say, Coates should've made sure his story didn't create plot holes within the MU
    Well the eggs ultimately on his face because none of the **** he put T’Challa through is likely to stick. Ditto with Storm since his efforts to repair their relationship ended up being a waste of time.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I wonder if they had Coates/Acuna redo the last issue a bit so it would better align with what Ridley wants to do, hence the multiple delays?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I wonder if they had Coates/Acuna redo the last issue a bit so it would better align with what Ridley wants to do, hence the multiple delays?
    Doubt it. Though it would be an interesting development.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well the eggs ultimately on his face because none of the **** he put T’Challa through is likely to stick. Ditto with Storm since his efforts to repair their relationship ended up being a waste of time.
    I didn't hate the Storm relationship in his run but I didn't see the point either

Astonishing Member

What is there to redo though? The mutants that were appearing in the book are already working in other titles and there haven’t been any major shifts to T’Challa’s status quo that need to be accounted for in his solo book. In fact given how far behind this run is in the wider MU continuity it would make sense for there to be a several month timeskip between Coates and Ridley’s run.

Similar to what happened when Marvel had the recent X-Men relaunch under Hickman. I can’t think of any massive rewrites that need to happen in order for Ridley’s run to make sense. Unless it’s reversing something Coates already did like the destruction of the Djalia. Or maybe he planned to have Wakanda keep the space territories and Ridley wants nothing to do with that? The delays are weird.

You know what, at this point I don't think that Marvel comics as a whole doesn't really concern itself with Black Panther as his incorporation into the workings of the universe. Even when he was the leader of the Avengers, i just didn't see him as in charge, complete with stories where he as leader was big focal point.

I doubt it, they didn't redo his ending when it was shelved for a year dite to covid-19. If they didn't redo it then, no way they are doing it now

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    What is there to redo though? The mutants that were appearing in the book are already working in other titles and there haven’t been any major shifts to T’Challa’s status quo that need to be accounted for in his solo book. In fact given how far behind this run is in the wider MU continuity it would make sense for there to be a several month timeskip between Coates and Ridley’s run.

Similar to what happened when Marvel had the recent X-Men relaunch under Hickman. I can’t think of any massive rewrites that need to happen in order for Ridley’s run to make sense. Unless it’s reversing something Coates already did like the destruction of the Djalia. Or maybe he planned to have Wakanda keep the space territories and Ridley wants nothing to do with that? The delays are weird.
    Off the top of my head, he could have killed someone off, changed something with the Gods, did soemthing like give nuMbaku the jabari, kept the Originators around

All simple things that could eb 'fixed" withotu changing the story if Ridley had other plans.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...martin-freeman

Calling it odd is very concearning but not surprised
    Freeman strikes me as a man that probably reads the Source material before accepting a role and understand what it's supposed to be.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...martin-freeman

Calling it odd is very concearning but not surprised
    Freeman strikes me as a man that probably reads the Source material before accepting a role and understand what it's supposed to be.
    Odd could just mean atypical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Odd could just mean atypical.
    It could...but that would be an odd use of the word. This is the second time he's been slightly critical of the project. Honestly without Tchalla I'm not sure what the point of his character (Ross) even is

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    It could...but that would be an odd use of the word. This is the second time he's been slightly critical of the project. Honestly without Tchalla I'm not sure what the point of his character (Ross) even is
    I don't know if critical is the right word. Isn't "odd" a commonly used word in British English? (I maybe wrong about that)

It’s good to know that Freeman seems to be in good spirits unlike the rest of the cast. Lupita and Angela judging from recent interviews are obviously still grieving and Coogler just sounds drained from interviews he did not too long ago.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

Off the top of my head, he could have killed someone off, changed something with the Gods, did soemthing like give nuMbaku the jabari, kept the Originators around

All simple things that could eb 'fixed" withotu changing the story if Ridley had other plans.
    Makes sense. I was under the impression that if Ridley is going in a different direction from Coates they could just use a timeskip or soft retcon to explain anything he didn’t like. But forcing Coates to do a few rewrites might explain a delay. It’s just weird they’ve done it several times now lol. How hard can it be to take **** out your story and pad it for the final issue lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Makes sense. I was under the impression that if Ridley is going in a different direction from Coates they could just use a timeskip or soft retcon to explain anything he didn’t like. But forcing Coates to do a few rewrites might explain a delay. It’s just weird they’ve done it several times now lol. How hard can it be to take **** out your story and pad it for the final issue lol.
    If Coates is being forced to do rewrites that align with Ridleys run then all that talk of Coates bs being “defining” and “legendary” are going to be all the more hilarious in hindsight.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda