Page 747 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 247647697737743744745746747748749750751757797847 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,205 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

It amazes me that Captain Marvel 2 can film in a place like this and BP2 films in just Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I think TChalla has too rich of a pedigree to just disappear. I have faith that he’ll always be relevant in some way. He is a Jack Kirby Stan Lee creation. Characters like that don’t go away.
    I’m sure Marvel knows that they can’t get rid of T’Challa everywhere without getting roasted for it. And he’s the first Black superhero in comics, he’s literally Black History. Let’s just hope Ridley can knock it out of the park with his run and we can get a AAA Black Panther game (preferably by Insomniac). And while things are looking grim for the MCU, I’m ready to go all in on campaigning for a variant. The multiverse literally put them in a position to where they have no excuse why T’Challa can’t be around in some capacity.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I

And that's not even getting into how T'Challa's stock as a solo character has fallen under Coates and most of the heavy lifting for the IP is done in team books. Is there any recovering? Without the MCU to prop up T'Challa's place in the Marvel hierarchy I kinda wanna say no but I still think we can be getting better stories than we are now. Not every BP project has to be disgusting to average.
    Is there any recovering?

Of course there is. Remember that these are Marvel Comics here.

You are lucky if you can find a single Marvel book that hasn't recently had a 5 year drop in quality/relevance. As near as I can tell Captain Marvel now has a solo series that not even her fans read. Lord knows nobody seems to talk about it ever.

And Marvel is killing off Doctor Strange because despite Benidict Cumberbatch and a hit movie, Marvel can't capitalize on any of that in the comics space.

So they are going to what comics always do: kill the MC to make fans give a damn.

One of the things about getting regular Black Panther comics is that you got with it regular Marvel quality. At any time with any series you can get 3-5 years of WTF.

I mean, I expect Ridley to do a good job when things clear up and for now there's additional stuff for them that wants it.

I don't see the need for sackcloth and ashes for the franchise yet, at all.

PS: So Alex Ross is doing the covers for the new series?

Ha, there's the most likely reason for the series delay right there.

Ross (the Marvel painting dude) is slow as heck if he inks himself and he's a star so he will ALWAYS choose to ink himself. And he's important enough of a cover artist that Marvel WILL delay the series til he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Is it me or does Black Panther comic need a bit of a reboot or streamlining? Has there been any truly interesting stories with the character in the past few years? I say nope unless you enjoyed Coates take, which I did not. I want a writer to dive into the character of T'Challa. I want to see his early training and education. I want him to be put into difficult situations that require him make choices with dire consequences. I want a BP that shows his skills and goes beyond his kinetic energy absorbing suit. I want to see interesting characters from Wakanda that go beyond the Dora that shows us how Wakandan society operates. I thought that after the BP film, we would get more interesting stories but for me, sadly that has not been the case.
    The film couldn't even be bothered to give us that. Maybe if Michael B Jordan played T'Challa it would have.

I want to say Ridley will dive into that stuff based on his ONE freaking interview but that is all we have to guess on
    Last edited by Ekie; 09-15-2021 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Is it me or does Black Panther comic need a bit of a reboot or streamlining? Has there been any truly interesting stories with the character in the past few years? I say nope unless you enjoyed Coates take, which I did not. I want a writer to dive into the character of T'Challa. I want to see his early training and education. I want him to be put into difficult situations that require him make choices with dire consequences. I want a BP that shows his skills and goes beyond his kinetic energy absorbing suit. I want to see interesting characters from Wakanda that go beyond the Dora that shows us how Wakandan society operates. I thought that after the BP film, we would get more interesting stories but for me, sadly that has not been the case.
    Outside the main book other writers have written him better than Coates. A soft reboot would fix some problems but not all. Marvel clearly wants to do BP spinoff books but the problem is that recent writers don't both with developing existing characters and usually insert a bunch of OCs. Also Marvel needs to stop picking writers that seem to think there's something wrong with T'Challa and Wakanda so we get more deconstruction stories.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 09-15-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    No, it's hated because it makes absolutely zero sense. T'Challa and Eden prior to to Coates era, never worked together let alone even talked to each other. And then Coates has Eden not only on Wakanda working with him out of nowhere, but then makes eden integral to saving Wakanda and dating Shuri. And Incase you forgot Shuri did have a Existing LI.

It's a hamfisted add-on that Coates didn't bother to put in any effort into or explanation
    Besides for when it comes to T'Challa basically simping for Storm, Coates has shown that he sucks at romance. I'm supposed to believe T'Challa and Nakia were in a relationship but every chance Coates had to show it he had T'Challa reject her advances because of Storm. The poorly done conversation Storm had with Nakia didn't help either.

Spectacular Member

Since when has Queen Ramonda been a Dora?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    It amazes me that Captain Marvel 2 can film in a place like this and BP2 films in just Atlanta.
    Who's decision was it to keep in Atlanta? Disney or Coogler?

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    Since when has Queen Ramonda been a Dora?
    In the comics, never. On the other hand, What If...? writers may have simply decided to take some liberties or even perhaps asked Coogler if she ever was one in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Who's decision was it to keep in Atlanta? Disney or Coogler?
    Coogler did. Even after the company boycotts due to GA politics.
    Said he didnt want to take jobs away from the city which is admirable. Great dude. Still want him off the franchise though lol

I think TChalla has too rich of a pedigree to just disappear. I have faith that he’ll always be relevant in some way. He is a Jack Kirby Stan Lee creation. Characters like that don’t go away.
    Aren't the inhumans Pretty much gone for the time being though? I believe that T'Challa will always have some presence but I think the biggest issue is t fact that marvel botched his rise to A list by keeping Coates on for so long. They should of let him god after his first season as that's all the story he had to tell then after seeing how well received the BPQ was, shifted RJ to take up afterwards and push him further.

BP has been held back due to Marvel's poor decision making, but I feel it will be blamed on the IP despite it shattering all the glass ceilings

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m sure Marvel knows that they can’t get rid of T’Challa everywhere without getting roasted for it. And he’s the first Black superhero in comics, he’s literally Black History. Let’s just hope Ridley can knock it out of the park with his run and we can get a AAA Black Panther game (preferably by Insomniac). And while things are looking grim for the MCU, I’m ready to go all in on campaigning for a variant. The multiverse literally put them in a position to where they have no excuse why T’Challa can’t be around in some capacity.
    I never said disappear.

The last 6? years, T'challa has had a constant solo and a plethora of minis. Most of them sucked, but Marvel was "trying" to an extent. Also add in the fact he was apart/lead of 4 teams (ultimates, crew, avengers, AoW) and was actually involved in 3 events now (empyre, king in black, last anihlation). And this doesn't even count stuff like Ghost Panther and Mech Avengers or whatever either.

That is what I mean about their being no way to save the franchise. Marvel DID push... they backed the wrong horse and then the MCU motivation died. They did try and make a "franchise" out of BP. THAT was the upper limit. We were scaling A list mountain but people got bored with Coates so we slipped back down to B land and then the character got written out of hte movies so we bashed our head on the C list rock.

Will T'challa have a solo most of the time? Sure... but don't forget the 2-3? year gap between Priest and Hudlin. Or the 4-5? year gap between Liss and Coates.

Will T'challa have an automatic solo + minis + team books + be in event sthat aren't just "blow up wakanda" + supporting cast books? Naw, that ship sailed.

If I had to completely guess...I would enjoy the next year of BP comics because it's gonna enter the dark ages again if Ridley cant produce healthy sales. I'd imagine he's got at least 12 issues ready to go and we have BP on Aaron's Avengers until he is done but once those things run their course....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Aren't the inhumans Pretty much gone for the time being though?
    Yup, basically paid Cates to kill them all (literally) in a mini series that existed just to kill them all.

I think Black Bolt has popped up a time or two since then and that is it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yup, basically paid Cates to kill them all (literally) in a mini series that existed just to kill them all.

I think Black Bolt has popped up a time or two since then and that is it.
    Inhumans can’t really be compared to what’s happening with Black Panther. The reason the Inhumans failed is because Perlmutter wanted to have them be a replacement for the X-Men back when Marvel didn’t have the rights to them and tried to screw the mutants in every medium he could to spite fox. But surprise, the fans didn’t really respond to the Inhumans all that well on the comic side (Kamala and Lunella being the exceptions).

Then their show tanked thanks to Scott Bucks incompetence, not helping matters was that around that time Feige got full creative control of the MCU and one of the first things he did was axe the Inhumans movie since he only agreed to make it to appease Perlmutter so that Captain Marvel and Black Panther could be made. The final nail in the coffin was Disney buying Fox, which guaranteed that the Mutants were about to make a comeback in all mediums.

So like I said, really not comparable since what screwed the Inhumans was incompetence along with alienating fans of another franchise. What’s screwing over T’Challa is the death of an actor in the biggest film franchise in the world right now coupled with Marvel (for now) being hellbent on not recasting him. So all we can hope for is other mediums (video games, cartoons, etc.) can pick up the slack.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"