Page 349 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359399449849 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean no disrespect Digi, but how else are you to take the title it's liter in small letters Black Panther then in giant ass text WAKANDA FOREVER.

I'm willing to wait & see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I honestly have no idea how this will work out. Marvel is in a place where they can do whatever and say whatever and people will swallow it. Right now people are on Twitter talking about how they're ready to cry in the theater for the funeral as if they're super excited to do it and take their kids to do it with them. Basically promoting using Black Death. Might not be Marvel's true intention but it's the reality of the situation based on how they have chosen to keep moving forward with profit while tossing aside the lead character of the story
    This is when brand loyalty clouds your judgement in a way that makes you unaware that you are further adding to the pre-existing problem at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Social media, no matter the site, is hardly a good gauge of public opinion.

And Reddit is rabidly pro-anything MCU as long as Feige approves it. Which is why I maintain a recast announcement would not have gone over nearly as bad as some people make it seem, as the core fanbase seemingly goes with whatever trusted creatives/suits tell them.
    Yeah but I can say that the recast crowd is getting stronger the more time passes. Like, it's the opposite of the no recast Honoring Chad side (which this side feels like everything is just mourning, like frontier said even the title sounds like it, whole simultaneously making T'Challa a afterthought) makes less sense the more time passes. Like all the focus is on Honoring Chad and how the sequel is going to do this amazing thing to honor him, and it just feels right, and Oh by the way on a very much lesser note, bye bye T'Challa, as Chad is the only person worthy of playing the character and NO ONE can ever play him again as it would be wrong to Chad's legacy. Black Panther WAKANDA FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

I'm willing to wait & see.

Looking at them, Black Panther is massively overshadowed by Wakanda forever in comparison. Blatantly so. Like, it cannot be anymore obvious

And that's fine, I'm not pretending I know the plot, but what's been said so far leaves me very little hope. It's just like all the folks who from the jump were like "Uhh WTF" about Coates and other's (myself included) were on the wait and see side.

If there's one thing consistent about The BP franchise, it's that it appears there's a frakking monkeys paw attached to the franchise

Anytime someone touches black panthers franchise start talking about how they don't understand the character it's an immediate red flag. That was Coats take and that was Cooglers take. Coogler may be more talented than Coats when it comes to telling a fictional story but the result was the same. Both promoted what they DID understand about Tchallas world at the character's expense. Audiences left the theater more connected to killmonger than they did t'challa. More interested in 16 year old Shuri the new super genius than they did Tchalla. Now had the tragedy not struck who knows if things would have been different for the sequel but I'm just going off of what I saw. How do you rewrite a story without the titular character in it without even having to delay the movie?

That answer is probably easier if you never found the titular character all that interesting in the first place.

But that's saying nothing about what the quality of the second movie will be I'm sure it will be a great black experience. Not a black panther experience though

This Black Panther comic book announcement better come soon
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-03-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even the new title feels like it's mourning.
    really does lol

idk, no matter what side you are on, I don't see how you can see that title and get excited like you can for say... Quantumania and Multiverse of Madness

Title pretty much just says "we are still making the movie!" lol

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wait so Reddit doesn't like Wakanda Forever but they do like The Marvels?
    Just means their interested to talk or bitch about it
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    really does lol

idk, no matter what side you are on, I don't see how you can see that title and get excited like you can for say... Quantumania and Multiverse of Madness

Black Panther 2 was always gonna generate more interest than Captain Marvel 2, the uncertainty surrounding the sequel just increased the gulf imo. At the end of the day I think most of the general audience is onboard with the current direction (just as I think they would’ve been had they chosen to recast). Most casuals don’t read comics and as long as they get a story that they know the trusted creatives are happy to have made then they’ll come out and support it.

Whether the film has legs or not, whether it’ll move the same level of merchandise, whether it’ll be seen as a great send-off for Boseman, whether it’ll have the same quality, all that comes down to the actual film and we won’t know all that until the film comes out. So I wouldn’t take Reddit engagement as any kind of endorsement of the film’s success.

Extraordinary Member

If they actually kill T'Challa off in the film, Marvel Studios will have kinda painted themselves into a corner.

While they said they were not going to recast, Phase 5 is years away and Disney's stockholders demand that Marvel cranks out as many movies as they can get away with. Because Stockholders are greedy and nobody learned anything from the Star Wars debacle.

BP2 was gonna have to come out in the next 2 years no matter what. Somebody was going to either get sued or fired (or both) if not. Look at them still trying to get a theatrical release for Black Widow, global pandemic be damned.

By the time they want to make another Black Panther movie, it will be like 2024 and all bets would likely be off. They might even want to reboot the entire thing by then, depending on how Phase 4 does.

But there would be no point in even entertaining that at the present time.

Ultimate Member

Anytime someone touches black panthers franchise start talking about how they don't understand the character it's an immediate red flag. That was Coats take and that was Cooglers take. Coogler may be more talented than Coats when it comes to telling a fictional story but the result was the same. Both promoted what they DID understand about Tchallas world at the character's expense. Audiences left the theater more connected to killmonger than they did t'challa. More interested in 16 year old Shuri the new super genius than they did Tchalla. Now had the tragedy not struck who knows if things would have been different for the sequel but I'm just going off of what I saw. How do you rewrite a story without the titular character in it without even having to delay the movie?

That answer is probably easier if you never found the titular character all that interesting in the first place.

But that's saying nothing about what the quality of the second movie will be I'm sure it will be a great black experience. Not a black panther experience though

The problem in BP1 is making the villain into the only character overtly fighting for African-American rights. That didn't entirely sit well with me.

Of course, I still liked T'Challa more, but I felt he got overshadowed in his own movie. At least if it was just Shuri and Okoye in there, it probably wouldn't have been that way so much.

really does lol

I've heard quite a few people make fun of Quantumania

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even the new title feels like it's mourning.
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wait so Reddit doesn't like Wakanda Forever but they do like The Marvels?
    Black Panther 2 was always gonna generate more interest than Captain Marvel 2, the uncertainty surrounding the sequel just increased the gulf imo. At the end of the day I think most of the general audience is onboard with the current direction (just as I think they would’ve been had they chosen to recast). Most casuals don’t read comics and as long as they get a story that they know the trusted creatives are happy to have made then they’ll come out and support it.

Whether the film has legs or not, whether it’ll move the same level of merchandise, whether it’ll be seen as a great send-off for Boseman, whether it’ll have the same quality, all that comes down to the actual film and we won’t know all that until the film comes out. So I wouldn’t take Reddit engagement as any kind of endorsement of the film’s success.
    One thing I will be interested in, is how much they invoke Chadwick's name when marketing the film.

That could get gross fast IMHO. I was already irked by the video that accompanied the images by how much they showed him.

I'll also be curious if the official plot synopsis spoils what their plan is for T'challa. Keeping it a mystery will piss me off even more lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

One thing I will be interested in, is how much they invoke Chadwick's name when marketing the film.

That could get gross fast IMHO. I was already irked by the video that accompanied the images by how much they showed him.

I'll also be curious if the official plot synopsis spoils what their plan is for T'challa. Keeping it a mystery will piss me off even more lol
    I'd rather they not wait too long to say what's going to happen with him

Astonishing Member

As a fan of T’Challa that’s all I have to look forward to outside a couple shitty games lol. Hopefully they don’t push back the final Coatesverse issue but I think Marvel’s gonna pull the rug from under us again lol.

There is a high possibility that this would piss me off as well.

There is no sense of certainty when it comes to the BP franchise.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I've heard quite a few people make fun of Quantumania
    Because as a franchise Ant-Man already opened itself up for ridicule however the inclusion of Kang as the main villain might change that.
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-03-2021 at 12:35 PM.

As a fan of T’Challa that’s all I have to look forward to outside a couple shitty games lol. Hopefully they don’t push back the final Coatesverse issue but I think Marvel’s gonna pull the rug from under us again lol.
    Next book is gonna be called

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

lol

(World of Wakanda would have been a much better title btw, with or withou T'challa)

Because as a franchise Ant-Man already opened itself up for ridicule however the inclusion of Kang as the main villain might that.
    antman franchise does not take itself seriously

the title is supposed to be ridiculed because it is outrageous lol