Page 923 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 423823873913919920921922923924925926927933973 ... LastLast
Results 13,831 to 13,845 of 15079

https://www.cbr.com/is-marvel-turnin...nto-a-villain/

T'Cheviillll!!!!!!!!

This could be World War Wakanda! Make it happen Marvel!
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 11-29-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Sales will probably be fine for every issue Ross is doing covers for TBH
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    If he continues on an upward trend, I think 3-5 years would be good. Enough to establish T'Challa as a force of nature and have it stick
    Give him at least three. That's enough for 3 trades and an omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Bring on the badguy!!!!!

T'Cheviillll!!!!!!!!

Links not working.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Links not working.
    Thanks and fixed.

I will remind the board of these lyrics, penned well over a century ago:

But many a king on a first-class throne,
    If he wants to call his crown his own,
    Must manage somehow to get through,
    More dirty work than ever I do!
    Last edited by DigiCom; 11-29-2021 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    For most stores it was among the top 5 in sales. SO I would suspect it did fine. However the REAL test is issue 4 after we see what is done in issue 3. Because aside from the obvious distraction of she who must not be named-that is a milestone issue. So I would SUSPECT variants to show up and beat us all down once again.

The first black hero at the Big two to hit 200. A feat we will not see again until Luke Cage starts getting some books. Aside from that we will be in countdown to 100 for Mr. Morales and MAYBE 75 for either Static or Hardware.

Cool thanks. Happy to hear it sold well.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

T'Cheviillll!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellscream View Post
    Bit overblown, in my opinion. Just because T'Challa has valid distrust and countermeasures for how the major powers of the world would (likely) react to Wakanda's continued existence, much less Wakanda's continued advancement, technologically and geopolitically speaking, doesn't mean he's being made into a villain. Also, given how tumultuous the last several years were and continue to be on the geopolitical front in real life, he does make valid points about some of the negative tradeoffs of a democratic system, particularly that it can vest power in individuals that ironically don't see much value in that system, even as they exploit and manipulate it for the sake of retaining or increasing their power. That said, going with a monarchy has its problems, too, as in the event the current monarch has to be replaced, the replacement could be someone who doesn't want to uphold the previous monarch's laws and customs, and makes changes in those laws and customs that can be just as pronounced and dramatic as those one would see in a more democratic system. All in all, I'm looking forward to more of this run, especially if it can raise such nuanced and complex questions and ideas about the nature and duties of a ruler and a leader and what it truly means to be either or both.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

T'Cheviillll!!!!!!!!

The author of the article blew things out of proportion and I can tell that they never read the Priest run. T'Challa having hidden spies across the world is tamed compared to some of the things under Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    The author of the article blew things out of proportion and I can tell that they never read the Priest run. T'Challa having hidden spies across the world is tamed compared to some of the things under Priest.
    Like the N'Yami motherships he had sitting in us soil without a soul knowing about them?? Plus how does anyone think T'Challa knows all about what's going on in the world and other countries? Google lol.

Priest touched on that too how T'Challa was on the path to becoming a villain. Which of Ridley can do it half as well, could be very interesting

Astonishing Member

Man it really feels like it hasn’t been that long since Boseman left us. Really happy that he trended on social media and people have nothing but good things to say about him.

And I always forget he was in his 40s lol dude looked extremely young.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I will remind the board of these lyrics, penned well over a century ago:

But many a king on a first-class throne,
    If he wants to call his crown his own,
    Must manage somehow to get through,
    More dirty work than ever I do!
    Yup. Not sure why ppl are acting like this is new territory for Panther either

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Like the N'Yami motherships he had sitting in us soil without a soul knowing about them?? Plus how does anyone think T'Challa knows all about what's going on in the world and other countries? Google lol.

Priest touched on that too how T'Challa was on the path to becoming a villain. Which of Ridley can do it half as well, could be very interesting
    I tend to agree. While the article is definitely overblown (like pretty much every CBR article lol) it does show that 1. People are taking notice of Ridley’s more hardline, traditional take on the character and 2. This really does have the potential to ask a lot of the same questions that the Priest run did but in an entirely different context.

Priest-era T’Challa was on the margins of the superhero community, he made it a point to show that even other heroes like Justice didn’t know what he looked like and that he had never even been invited to Tony’s place lol. Now he’s the de facto leader of the superhero community since he’s Avengers chairman. We’ve seen him position Wakanda as a major player (rallying the international community at that brilliant superhero conference in Aaron’s Avengers) and now expanding to space. This version of T’Challa has more pressures than ever before and he’s largely doing it without the support of longtime friends like W’Kabi and Zuri while the MU itself is becoming more complicated (Krakoa, space stuff, Wakandan democracy).

The idea that T’Challa can snap or otherwise be a darker, more morally ambiguous figure makes a lot of sense right now and was the natural direction to take him. Power corrupts and I think Ridley’s T’Challa is gonna contend with that as he deals with all the frustrations that come with being who he is. We’re already seeing him grow more isolated from his people, his sister, and Captain America. The possibility of him straight up going rogue for what he feels is right or manipulating those closest to him is very real and could definitely at times come off as villainous. I’m down, I never needed T’Challa to be loved by all or to always make the “right” choices, just to be written with a backbone and genuine beliefs with all the messiness that entails. Hopefully Ridley sticks to his guns and editorial doesn’t force him to sanitize a character that became popular because he was complicated and confrontational.

Some heroes are meant to be beacons of morality that nearly always do and say the right things. I don’t think T’Challa (when written at his best) is one of those characters.
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-29-2021 at 08:38 PM.

FFZQqkMVcAE-Gq2.jpg

Gift from Jim Lee today