Page 762 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 262662712752758759760761762763764765766772812862 ... LastLast
Results 11,416 to 11,430 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Agree with the above. We all know that T'Challa's mind is his most powerful weapon. We never got to see that in film.

Also in the film we never hear what T'Challa himself believes is the best path in the beginning of the film. He would say "That is not/has not been Wakanda's way." Or something to that effect. He was written as a cypher for Wakanda. Even if you look at the film score, Killmonger gets a written theme but T'Challa does not have an individual theme in the score. T'Challa's is the same as the Wakanda in general them. It would have been cool if T'Challa has his own theme. More than that, he should have had his own theme IMO.

One could argue that his final decision to not to keep Wakanda secret was not in the best interest of Wakanda. Coogler wrote it from an American point of view. He even stated in one interview that if Wakanda existed in real life and was secret, he would resent it. How they could have had all that technology and advancement and not share it with Black people around the world. That was Eric's point of view. I thought that one plot point in the sequel could have been T'Challa facing a bit of backlash from the tribal elders due to the fact that opening up Wakanda caused conflict to come there and led to lives lost and a damage to their country due to the invasion.
    I thought T'Challa did have a theme. It's the one with the drums and trumpets...I saw it and he was trying to be like his father and his arc was breaking away from that, however, it came in as trying to keep the status quo, and not showing us why T'Challa is different

Yes he learned from his father and ancestors mistakes a d corrected them but it didn't drive home T'Chakas words in the astral plane as strongly when he said your a good man with a good heart since he wasn't SHOWING is that part as much which would of been the case had it been his idea and not Nakias to open Wakanda. I wouldn't say he was completely a cypher, but I will say that Coogler should of made 3 people wanting Wakanda to do something with their advancements:

Erik the extreme colonizing angle

Nakia wanting to open the flood gates to everyone

And T'Challa, in the middle ground finding the Right balance after seeing what Erik was trying to do

Y'all finally seeing what I saw the first time I saw the movie. We've yet to get a comic accurate T'challa in live action. Plus now they don't want to recast. The whole things a joke

MCU t'challa was like the main character in the great gatsby. A vehicle to see the view points of other characters. The absolute antithesis of Priest's panther
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 09-23-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Revealing that he built the CW suit was the confirmation that he's a genius and I don't see making the idea of opening Wakanda Nakia's idea as weakening him nor did it completely change him since originally it wasn't even T'Challa's idea to begin with in the comics. The key thing is that T'Challa didn't open Wakanda because of Nakia. She didn't say or do anything that made him realize that she was right. If anything completely changed his character it was killing T'Chaka when he's an adult. T'Chaka's death is what made him the man that he was and before Hudlin's retcons, it forced him into role as king at the age of 12 and his later being used to retcon into being the reason why he opened Wakanda. He doesn't have any of the outside world experiences because of it while Nakia does as a spy.
    Who was it then?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Y'all finally seeing what I saw the first time I saw the movie. We've yet to get a comic accurate T'challa in live action. Plus now they don't want to recast. The whole things a joke
    There hasn't been a comics-accurate ANYONE in the MCU.

And that's probably for the best, given how wildly varying in quality the writing has been in the comics over the last 60 years.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Who was it then?

[]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/AkJt7jKzRPNSBpWJ0DJ3MR3dOh_zLKBc9y6T2WY1QaDBgGUGjk 81l7NopbIJLUvj6vYIzIfMVZfz=s1600[/IMG]

It was the F4. In issue #53 after they beat Klaw T'Challa believed his mission was done and they suggested he and Wakanda could use their resources to help the world.

Last edited by KingNomarch; 09-23-2021 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Img

Hard to find anyone in the MCU that's comic accurate. Some may have their characterizations altered to match with the MCU but no one comes close to accurate. If you had to compare MCU T'Challa is more like McGregor's. 80% McGregor with the remaining 20 split between Priest and Hudlin.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 09-23-2021 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    His genius could have been easily handled as a sibling rivalry with Shuri with them trying to one up one another in their creations. Or just have most of the rivalry come from Shuri trying to always trying to out do his creations/designs. The sad part is that only we comic book T'Challa fans know that he is a genius. T'Challa in the film got regulated to being a super soldier/James Bond to happens to be king. And Shuri was his Q.
    Russos, Coogler, and the writers can be blame since they wrote him but the main source is Hudlin. The only reason she was given his intelligence because her character brought nothing to the table. She never added anything to the mythos. Both Jakarra and Hunter predates her as a sibling but at least Hunter had an interesting personality and acted as his Loki/Reverse Flash and with him came the Hatut Zeraze. Now if Hudlin had given her role other than to replace T'Challa then there likely wouldn't have been a need to make her the genius.

The sequels likely could have highlighted that aspect of his character but we'll never know now unless the recast.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 09-23-2021 at 06:25 PM.

MCU t'challa was like the main character in the great gatsby. A vehicle to see the view points of other characters. The absolute antithesis of Priest's panther

Yup. All my criticism isn't on the quality of the movie. Never have been. It just wasn't a Black Panther movie to me. At least definitely not what was needed for an introduction to the mass public for him in particular. Felt like Coats book where the lead was merely a vehicle lucky to be the lead
    Last edited by Ekie; 09-23-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Damn you guys are harsh. He wasn’t “Priest Panther” it’s true but I still recognized him as T’Challa. Maguire’s Spidey isn’t exactly like Peter in the comics but I still love that guy and he got more people into Spider-Man. In a sequel perhaps Coogler would’ve done more to showcase his intellect. We’ll never know (unless Coogler talks about his original plans).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Damn you guys are harsh. He wasn’t “Priest Panther” it’s true but I still recognized him as T’Challa. Maguire’s Spidey isn’t exactly like Peter in the comics but I still love that guy and he got more people into Spider-Man. In a sequel perhaps Coogler would’ve done more to showcase his intellect. We’ll never know (unless Coogler talks about his original plans).
    I've said this before on CBR and I'd say it again:

The main problem in Black Panther, in general, is that he has way too many supporting characters who represent just the military arm of Wakanda. Most of his supporting characters sound the same and serve the same purpose in his stories. And the more supporting characters a BP comic has, the fewer feats that T'Challa gets to earn on his own.

I liked it when Black Panther wasn't bulletproof because that threat of death was present in every battle he was in. He had to use his pantherish speed to dodge the spears, the blades the gun blasts everything. now he's Black Pampered.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think people are definitely way too hard on MCU T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I've said this before on CBR and I'd say it again:

The main problem in Black Panther, in general, is that he has way too many supporting characters who represent just the military arm of Wakanda. Most of his supporting characters sound the same and serve the same purpose in his stories. And the more supporting characters a BP comic has, the fewer feats that T'Challa gets to earn on his own.

I liked it when Black Panther wasn't bulletproof because that threat of death was present in every battle he was in. He had to use his pantherish speed to dodge the spears, the blades the gun blasts everything. now he's Black Pampered.
    They elevated T’Challa’s abilities/tech, but haven’t really brought his Rogues up to match. That’s something that needs to be done. Also T’Challa being saddled with trying to make comic fans care about the MCU cast in the comics which isn’t fair imo. Leave those characters for either YA books or a World of Wakanda anthology like Batman: Urban Legends. The main book needs to be focused on the main character we’re reading it for: Black Panther.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think people are definitely way too hard on MCU T'Challa.
    I can't help but wonder if people would be badmouthing the movie the same way if Boseman were still alive...

It's sort of weird that when he died, everyone was all "rest in power, my king", but now that some time has passed, we're getting all these "but I hope the next BP actor portrays an ACCURATE T'challa!" posts.

*shrugs* Fans be fickle, I guess.

I had less of a problem with it before because I knew that they could make T'Challa more Priest like in the sequel like Chad was wanting, however with his passing is where the issue really starts becoming worse because we likely aren't going to see T'Challa anymore