Page 391 of 391 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391
Results 5,851 to 5,855 of 5855

I would also say that of we are being real, Wakanda even in the Comics, even Hudlins version, still comes down to an advanced, xenophobic nation that kept to themselves and told everyone to frak off, until T'CHALLA became the Black Panther and opened them up to help the rest of the world. No where in the Comics does the Wakandan populace say "Hey we as a nation need to step up onto the world stage and help our fellow man" infact to this day T'Challa still gets push back for opening Wakanda.

So tell me now, how is it that Wakanda is bigger that T'Challa and was always the draw? Because nothing that happens/ed in or to Wakanda was because the nation took action. It's all T'Challa. The difference here, is that because Wakanda is in Africa, the excuse being pushed is that T'Challa is can sidelined and they. Can sell Wakanda as the franchise. That's the difference between it and Asgard.

Edit: I'm not even searching online for isht either most of what I see just pops in my Google news or whatever y'all post here, and the occasional times I get on Facebook and see stuff. I never seek it out but when I can see a bad idea when it's presented back parties Involved. Just like how I knew nthe first movie would of be a big success, I can see this being a monumental task can can very easily fail due to greed in the driver's seat instead of compassion and healing
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; Yesterday at 06:52 PM.

This brings up an interesting convo actually.
    Wakanda is the new hero of the story in the MCU (contract free lol) thats kinda opposite of the comics where Tchalla is the hero who pushes Wakanda into worldliness.

So in the MCU is Wakanda going to be fully open with tech and borders? Is Wakanda not going to be "Wakanda first"?

Would the casual newfans appreciate a Wakanda not shown in a fully giving light or would they be mad at Marvel for showing Wakanda with its traditional self preservation shadiness?

In that same idiotic interview Anthony Mackie talks aboit himself having a "free pass to wakanda and a wakandan passport"
    Is it open season now or will there be any pushback at all?
    Last edited by Ekie; Yesterday at 07:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Probably some pushback from some people. But generally a somewhat open attitude I assume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Probably some pushback from some people. But generally a somewhat open attitude I assume
    That’s basically how Wakanda is in the comics anyhow. Measured outreach and cautious collaboration with the outside world. We’ve seen T’Challa let in refugees. Wakanda has worked with several global security organizations and T’Challa has a robust trading program of vibranium and other goods with the outside world that has enriched Wakanda and foreigners without making Wakanda economically dependent.

It’s still “Wakanda First” but it makes sense that both in the comics and MCU Wakanda would be shown as a benevolent, if very paranoid, world power. The conflict arises in the potential backlash and exploitation this new relationship between Wakanda and other nations creates. Under regular circumstances like the comics T’Challa would be the one dealing with those problems. The MCU is spreading that responsibility between several side characters and likely embracing the ensemble vibe of the first film to make it work.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That’s basically how Wakanda is in the comics anyhow. Measured outreach and cautious collaboration with the outside world. We’ve seen T’Challa let in refugees. Wakanda has worked with several global security organizations and T’Challa has a robust trading program of vibranium and other goods with the outside world that has enriched Wakanda and foreigners without making Wakanda economically dependent.

It’s still “Wakanda First” but it makes sense that both in the comics and MCU Wakanda would be shown as a benevolent, if very paranoid, world power. The conflict arises in the potential backlash and exploitation this new relationship between Wakanda and other nations creates. Under regular circumstances like the comics T’Challa would be the one dealing with those problems. The MCU is spreading that responsibility between several side characters and likely embracing the ensemble vibe of the first film to make it work.
    Makes sense to me. Although I'd prefer they focus on a few characters, unless they're bringing in other heroes.