Page 915 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 415815865905911912913914915916917918919925965 ... LastLast
Results 13,711 to 13,725 of 15079
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Anyone think T’Challa should interact with Maahes at some point?

Depending on the story he’s the son of Bast.

Nah, Apedemak is more fitting. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apedemak
    Last edited by ThePantherKing; 11-25-2021 at 05:17 PM.

Since today is thanksgiving, have we ever gotten any confirmation on what T’Challas favorite food is? Lol.
    Thats a good question. What would be his favorite food?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thats a good question. What would be his favorite food?
    He eats healthy. I know he had three egg whites and 8 asparagus tips in Avengers for lunch.

See now I am curious if Wakanda would be overrun if too many got on board to destroy Wakanda if it would actually happen now... Because he has the resources of the IGEW now. I don't think the earth would be successful now. Wakanda was already hard enough to conquer just as is being the size of new Jersey, Now? I'm not so sure they could. Not without some major PIS to do so
    I forgot the empire existed lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Do not be surprised if you are reminded often in the future, since some writers bring up the subject of the empire of Wakanda in a few comics outside of the solo book. Probably for continuity's sake or genuine interest.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think we've had enough of dealing with Wakandan deities for a while.
    This, I already dislike the fact we're retreading the Storm **** AND the intergalactic Empire **** less than an arc removed from Coates. I'd hate to do another epic fantasy thing with T'Challa in the vein of Avengers of the New World. Let's just do some high stakes espionage and have T'Challa beat up the Avengers for a bit before dipping back into the story beats that sunk the last volume lol.

But down the line I'd like a meeting with the non-Bast Wakandan gods like that leopard goddess from the Killmonger mini or the White Gorilla God. Maahes and Apedemak would be cool too. Nefertem is another son of Bast and I've always wondered what he would think about Wakanda.

I mean if we are being real, if the past had told us anything, since Priest reimagined T'Challa and Wakanda, I honestly don't think that Wakanda would lose in a fight against the rest of the world. Hudlin showed this, Hickman has shown the power of Wakanda, empyre has shown this, KiB, etc. The IGEW is just an extra, I think WK prime on its own is plenty powerful.

On a side note, I found this article funny, particularly the part about how the person writing it doesn't like T'Challa being written well... In character

"Marvel’s new Black Panther series reveals a new T’Challa with new challenges - Polygon" https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...s-new-avengers

Coates’ T’Challa, far from a swaggering swashbuckler, was guilt-ridden, pensive, cerebral … scared. He deferred to those wiser than him, many of whom were female (Romonda, Shuri, Storm, even the manifestation of the goddess Bast).

So to see T’Challa so disrespectfully dismissive to a woman in power; to see him embrace a militarist ideology that flies in the face of the democracy he willingly created; to watch him act unilaterally, recklessly, when we’ve seen him accomplish so much more with others — it’s galling and frustrating. Yet for some, maybe for many, what I call frustration might be preferable.

T’Challa here is more inline with previous characterizations from Christopher Priest and Reginald Hudlin, a return to character for a man who annulled a marriage in the middle of a fight and who willingly joined a group called the Illuminati. Still, to see Coates’ characterization rolled back so unceremoniously gave me pause
    These tears shall be delicious, getting back to the REAL T'Challa. Plus you know, the fact this person clearly doesn't know much about T'Challa save for Coates era. I hope Ridley continues to revert to more of Priest panther, who doesn't need advice on how to wipe his own ass
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-25-2021 at 07:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

I mean if we are being real, if the past had told us anything, since Priest reimagined T'Challa and Wakanda, I honestly don't think that Wakanda would lose in a fight against the rest of the world. Hudlin showed this, Hickman has shown the power of Wakanda, empyre has shown this, KiB, etc. The IGEW is just an extra, I think WK prime on its own is plenty powerful.

On a side note, I found this article funny, particularly the part about how the person writing it doesn't like T'Challa being written well... In character

"Marvel’s new Black Panther series reveals a new T’Challa with new challenges - Polygon" https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...s-new-avengers

These tears shall be delicious, getting back to the REAL T'Challa. Plus you know, the fact this person clearly doesn't know much about T'Challa save for Coates era. I hope Ridley continues to revert to more of Priest panther, who doesn't need advice on how to wipe his own ass
    Not surprised at all, in previous works the writer said they didn't start reading BP until Coates' run and that the book basically saved his life. Which is good for him obviously lol but he's clearly operating from a place of extreme bias that won't be uncommon from many reviewers moving forward. Ridley's run won't get the same universal acclaim as Coates partly because many people are gonna think his take on T'Challa is the atypical one.

As I said in a previous post, most of the media folks commenting on BP nowadays did not give a damn about the character prior to the MCU so their only in-depth knowledge of the character comes from Coogler and Coates. Neither of whom delivered traditional portrayals of T'Challa's personality or flaws. The raw ego, paranoia, and aggressiveness of Ridley's T'Challa is a direct repudiation of the deferential and overly cautious prince we tend to see nowadays in Marvel media. Hell, I remember Grace Randolph didn't care for the Avengers game version of T'Challa because he was "too bulky" and "too mean" lol.

There's a segment of the fandom that unfortunately don't like a T'Challa with some bass in his voice or his manipulative tendencies. And as we already see in that article, part of that is gonna come down to them wanting the female side characters to play a bigger role and for T'Challa to rely on them. The reviewer didn't have a single thing to say about how T'Challa talked down to EVERYONE in that issue, including Cap and Strange. But all of a sudden its an issue that he's not treating the Prime Minister of Wakanda like she's a goddess. I imagine that's gonna be a recurring theme of criticism as this run continues and it'll never not be annoying or a bad faith argument. Expect a lot of tears on Twitter if T'Challa embarrasses Storm in issue #200 lol. Despite everyone loving when Storm beat up Shuri, disrespected Ramonda, and berated T'Challa in XOS.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Not surprised at all, in previous works the writer said they didn't start reading BP until Coates' run and that the book basically saved his life. Which is good for him obviously lol but he's clearly operating from a place of extreme bias that won't be uncommon from many reviewers moving forward. Ridley's run won't get the same universal acclaim as Coates partly because many people are gonna think his take on T'Challa is the atypical one.

As I said in a previous post, most of the media folks commenting on BP nowadays did not give a damn about the character prior to the MCU so their only in-depth knowledge of the character comes from Coogler and Coates. Neither of whom delivered traditional portrayals of T'Challa's personality or flaws. The raw ego, paranoia, and aggressiveness of Ridley's T'Challa is a direct repudiation of the deferential and overly cautious prince we tend to see nowadays in Marvel media. Hell, I remember Grace Randolph didn't care for the Avengers game version of T'Challa because he was "too bulky" and "too mean" lol.

Well she doesn’t have a clue then. Because original TChalla is bulky and somewhat mean. I think he should always be depicted muscular and not sleek and slight and athletic. Sure TChalla is stealthy but he’s been training since birth and he takes an herb that enhances him.

God... the tears from issue 3 are either gonna be so delicious or a lot of us in here are gonna be crying tears of pain and anger lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Well she doesn’t have a clue then. Because original TChalla is bulky and somewhat mean. I think he should always be depicted muscular and not sleek and slight and athletic. Sure TChalla is stealthy but he’s been training since birth and he takes an herb that enhances him.
    Grace Randolph didn't pick up a single BP comic in her entire life until Civil War got announced, I guarantee it. Which doesn't make her less of a fan per se, but the level of discourse she can have on the character is incredibly low. At least this reviewer had the decency to understand Coates/Coogler's interpretation of the character wasn't the only valid one.

Randolph is simply opposed to any portrayal of T'Challa that isn't the MCU and pretends its inherently superior just because she's aware of it. Because anyone who understood the vastness of BP interpretations would not have had an issue with Narcisse's portrayal of the character's physique or attitude. They'd be free not to like it, but to pretend it's simply wrong is weird.

God... the tears from issue 3 are either gonna be so delicious or a lot of us in here are gonna be crying tears of pain and anger lol
    If T'Challa sucks in issue 3 I wouldn't even have the energy to get mad. Imma just drop the book and hope it flops so Marvel can maybe try again lol. It's not like it's out the realm of possibility considering how much of the Coates era Ridley seems intent on bringing into the story. I don't think it'll happen based on issue 1 but I'd only be kinda surprised if T'Challa starts acting a fool when he's on Mars.

Anyone think T’Challa should interact with Maahes at some point?

Depending on the story he’s the son of Bast.
    Reminds me a bit of the wild idea that I had a while back that the Panther God & the Tiger God are two halves of the same deity.

If T'Challa sucks in issue 3 I wouldn't even have the energy to get mad. Imma just drop the book and hope it flops so Marvel can maybe try again lol. It's not like it's out the realm of possibility considering how much of the Coates era Ridley seems intent on bringing into the story. I don't think it'll happen based on issue 1 but I'd only be kinda surprised if T'Challa starts acting a fool when he's on Mars.
    If T'Challa starts sucking again (and I see the odds about 50-50), then I will simply wander off for good. The Jed Mackay Moon Knight book is more to my current tastes anyway.

Coates’ T’Challa, far from a swaggering swashbuckler, was guilt-ridden, pensive, cerebral … scared. He deferred to those wiser than him, many of whom were female (Romonda, Shuri, Storm, even the manifestation of the goddess Bast).
    Lmao does he think this is a positive?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Reminds me a bit of the wild idea that I had a while back that the Panther God & the Tiger God are two halves of the same deity.

If T'Challa starts sucking again (and I see the odds about 50-50), then I will simply wander off for good. The Jed Mackay Moon Knight book is more to my current tastes anyway.
    I'd say the odds are 60-40 after seeing this first issue. T'Challa stood his ground against the Prime Minister, Shuri, and Cap. That makes me confident he won't fold and start praying to Storm. But you never know. And even outside that there's the possibility T'Challa starts sucking for other reasons, his ex is not the only potential issue with this run lol.

If Ridley really tries to go for the same amount of complexity as Priest we could get some incoherent ass storytelling. And I'm more than likely not gonna support any potential legacy character he pushes. But I agree Moon Knight has been really good. For the longest I just thought the only thing interesting about him was the cool-looking suit. I'm gonna go read those old runs when I get the chance.

This, I already dislike the fact we're retreading the Storm **** AND the intergalactic Empire **** less than an arc removed from Coates. I'd hate to do another epic fantasy thing with T'Challa in the vein of Avengers of the New World. Let's just do some high stakes espionage and have T'Challa beat up the Avengers for a bit before dipping back into the story beats that sunk the last volume lol.

But down the line I'd like a meeting with the non-Bast Wakandan gods like that leopard goddess from the Killmonger mini or the White Gorilla God. Maahes and Apedemak would be cool too. Nefertem is another son of Bast and I've always wondered what he would think about Wakanda.
    I don't have a problem with T'Challa going on some high fantasy-esque adventure since it means new stories and not the same retreads we've been getting for years and recycling the same three villains. The problem is the execution. T'Challa going on a deep space epic could've been brilliantly done but Coates' execution was just hot garbage.