Page 825 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 325725775815821822823824825826827828829835875925 ... LastLast
Results 12,361 to 12,375 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The MCU was a freaking curse to this character. All of it.
    Chadwick’s death is what soured it all. I mean do you think Marvel would’ve even put out a new BP book at all if a movie wasn’t coming? Would Black Panther have ever been able to reach mainstream awareness without the movie? I don’t think so. Situation sucks right now but some day the kids who grew up on BP will be of age to write T’Challa, and they’ll love him the way kids love Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man. Might be a while but I believe he will eventually reap some benefit from it all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Chadwick’s death is what soured it all. I mean do you think Marvel would’ve even put out a new BP book at all if a movie wasn’t coming? Would Black Panther have ever been able to reach mainstream awareness without the movie? I don’t think so. Situation sucks right now but some day the kids who grew up on BP will be of age to write T’Challa, and they’ll love him the way kids love Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man. Might be a while but I believe he will eventually reap some benefit from it all.
    Here's the problem. By making it about the mantle you're instilling in the youth that this a replaceable character. It loses the specialness and uniqueness. So some of the youth will grown up (If *gulp* Shuri becomes super popular) niche.

T'Challa is suddenly Hank Pym. Oh yea thats the OG lost in a world where more people care about Scott Lang. Its critical that they bring back T'Challa because you dont want it to be something thats just taken for granted. Youth will want to see it again years from, but will they have the backing? Will it have the support? Do you want to ruffle feathers and replace the female queen Shuri?

Its all so fluid but we know the potential danger. Its like breaking a long run and then fumbling at the one and watching your teammate score the TD. Great run, but its the teammate that gets credited the reward. They have to recast T'Challa. Dont let his legacy be known as setting up a decade run of Shuri changing the historical outlook on the character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nobody wants to hear it but it's not like Feige had any good options.

His lead actor didn't let anyone know he had stage 3 Colon Cancer. If he had he likely would not have been cast as Black Panther for fear of this very scenario occuring.

But dead lead or no, the Stockholder wanted an sequel released ASAP because there is only money now to these people. So Feige HAD to have a film release on schedule. Because those were the matching orders he was given.

Cause a fuss and you either get fired or sued by the stockholders or both.

So he's doing what he was told.

If that means indulging Coogler (and the Cast some of whom were either personal friends of Mr, Boseman, admirers of his, or even HBCU brothers with him....so they are there on this project for thier mans and not the comic book character....SLJ is a known comics head but he's not in this) so be it.

If it means ignoring Letitia Wright embarrassing herself on socials, so be it.

If you look how Disney went in on Scarlett Johansson for trying to get a portion of that DTV money, you can see why Feige would not want to cross them in a situation where money is part (well more like all) of the issue.

If not wanting to see T'challa used as footstool by x writers and stealth x writers makes me a hater than so be it. Throw it on top of the 5 years worth of gaslighting. For 5 years t'challa was written by someone who didn't like him and for 5 years it absolutely showed.

Should have given the main book to Redjack

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Cage isn't Wakandan .
    I trust Ridley he does focus on the main character so I still have faith.
    Neither is Storm or Eden, yet they still show up and act like they are. The BP franchise needs to distance itself from the x franchise. Only one of them is benefiting from those interactions

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Here's the problem. By making it about the mantle you're instilling in the youth that this a replaceable character. It loses the specialness and uniqueness. So some of the youth will grown up (If *gulp* Shuri becomes super popular) niche.

T'Challa is suddenly Hank Pym. Oh yea thats the OG lost in a world where more people care about Scott Lang. Its critical that they bring back T'Challa because you dont want it to be something thats just taken for granted. Youth will want to see it again years from, but will they have the backing? Will it have the support? Do you want to ruffle feathers and replace the female queen Shuri?

Its all so fluid but we know the potential danger. Its like breaking a long run and then fumbling at the one and watching your teammate score the TD. Great run, but its the teammate that gets credited the reward. They have to recast T'Challa. Dont let his legacy be known as setting up a decade run of Shuri changing the historical outlook on the character.
    Co-signed.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Nobody wants to hear it but it's not like Feige had any good options.

His lead actor didn't let anyone know he had stage 3 Colon Cancer. If he had he likely would not have been cast as Black Panther for fear of this very scenario occuring.

But dead lead or no, the Stockholder wanted an sequel released ASAP because there is only money now to these people. So Feige HAD to have a film release on schedule. Because those were the matching orders he was given.

Cause a fuss and you either get fired or sued by the stockholders or both.

So he's doing what he was told.

If that means indulging Coogler (and the Cast some of whom were either personal friends of Mr, Boseman, admirers of his, or even HBCU brothers with him....so they are there on this project for thier mans and not the comic book character....SLJ is a known comics head but he's not in this) so be it.

If it means ignoring Letitia Wright embarrassing herself on socials, so be it.

If you look how Disney went in on Scarlett Johansson for trying to get a portion of that DTV money, you can see why Feige would not want to cross them in a situation where money is part (well more like all) of the issue.
    And yet, they seemed to have zero issues pushing the release date out of the prime time Summer block buster slot and into November. Then you got people at Marvel saying that it was always about Wakanda and the mantle. Then you got haters eating this shot up because they are mad that BP beat out all their favorite heroes as the most successful solo hero, so now they are all about that "Respect Chad, kill off T'Challa in his Honor" BS.

For all that talk about the importance of T'Challa and what he represents, as well as Chad and who he was and how much he cared, they are going hard on trying to remove his presence.

Me ?

both characters are connected to Wakanda or Tchalla..
    Y'all Storm haters really need to get over this
    More people hated on Gentles pathetic ass on the cover than Storm. Storm makes some sense, Gentle doesn't.

Gentle has had less of a presence in BP comics than Goon Slam Gary. Literally.

A milestone issue cover is a celebration... you could name probably 50 characters in BP comics that have had more of an impact than a parody character in Gentle.

Maybe Ridley can fix Gentle but the problem is, the franchise doesn't own him. the X office does. So any fixing can be undone instantly.

I'l find out using Dark Magic
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Again, Redjack was right there. Jesus between this and the MCU is there really a point in being a fan of this franchise anymore?
    This is just a short term issue. Long-term? There will be another T'Challa in the MCU.

I think we're freaking out alot when we just need to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This is just a short term issue. Long-term? There will be another T'Challa in the MCU.

I think we're freaking out alot when we just need to be patient.
    Man we can always count on you to be the voice of reason. It’s just hard to stay optimistic with everything that’s happened in the past year. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Me ?

both characters are connected to Wakanda or Tchalla..
    Y'all Storm haters really need to get over this
    Gentle was created by the X-Office so that they could portray Wakanda as another mutant hating faction of overall society.

They just tried to put a little make-up on it by hiding behind Wakanda's past xenophobic behavior.

Storm is no longer tied to Wakanda. It's great that her and BP are friends but she really didn't need a variant. If Storm ever gets a solo or even a mini and they have BP on the cover as a tribute to their connection, there are lots of Storm fans who would be against it.

Man we can always count on you to be the voice of reason. It’s just hard to stay optimistic with everything that’s happened in the past year. Lol.
    I'm not so much optimistic, more realistic. Really, there's not much we can do except wait it out at this point. Marvel/MCU puts something out BP related and we either like it or don't like it. We tell 'em how we feel about it and see what their next move is.

I'm just not putting a whole lot of emotional investment in right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We tell 'em how we feel about it

With money. Can't forget that part.

CBR chatter doesn't move the needle.

NOT ONE COIN
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    With money. Can't forget that part.

CBR chatter doesn't move the needle.

NOT ONE COIN
    Definitely, keep the money in the wallet. I don't want BPII to fail but without T'Challa, I have no intention of seeing it.