Page 529 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533539579629 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    People who post the "we just want infallible T'challa" just out themselves as never having read Priest run.

Well, they actually out themselves as a troll. Name one "appreciation" thread where anyone goes, "I want my character to get his ass beat more and lose." Like, come on.

And coates had more Editorial oversight with his Cap run and it still sucked lol.
    Let me help you out

The definition is
    incapable of making mistakes or being wrong.

You were so ready to reply you didnt do your homework.

And the reason I mentioned Hudlin and not Priest because that seems to be an unfair standard to a new writer. No one is expecting (or should) expect Priest level (at least to those here) from Ridley.

Hudlin showed how to "win" right. That was the point of it.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 06-27-2021 at 08:00 AM.

He had T'challa marry storm so...

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I feel like Hudlin is an example of people not liking the start, but ended up enjoying it a lot by the end of it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I feel like Hudlin is an example of people not liking the start, but ended up enjoying it a lot by the end of it as well.
    I was hooked from the first. I couldn't believe something like that existed.

iconic

... the run started with an out of continuity story being so liked, they forced the continuity and asked Hudlin to keep going.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    ... the run started with an out of continuity story being so liked, they forced the continuity and asked Hudlin to keep going.
    That’s why I forgive some of the nonsense that followed his run, it was never supposed to be the landmark epic that it became.

uh oh

malcolm
    @malcolmg33
    Replying to
    @_CharlesMurphy
    i heard that they flooded(or are going to flood) the set of black panther 2
    https://twitter.com/_CharlesMurphy/s...76967444357131

While I'm excited for Namor....not sure I wanted to see Wakanda flooded.. I just liked the idea of them stopping him from doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The story explicitly describes it as the borderlands between Wakanda proper and the Jabari territories and also makes a very big point about how distracted T'Challa is due to the state of his sister. In World of Wakanda, the treehouse is related to kidnappings that were happening (which was unrelated to the chieftain assaulting girls from his village). In that story, it's explicit that T'Challa should be paying more attention and that maybe they should take it among themselves to deal with the problems the crown wasn't.

I don't think one has to buy that premise. It's entirely reasonable to think T'Challa, even in a state of grief, would be able to address these things. In fact, he might appreciate the distraction. In fact, unless Black Panther & The Crew takes place prior to Time Runs Out, he was tracking down the most random of rumors all the way to the United States during this period but wasn't paying attention to kidnappings in Wakanda. It also assumes that as advance a state as Wakanda couldn't devote the resources to this issue at all even with the devastation from the Black Order and the rebellion on the Alkama Fields. What I said before is that Coates sets up a story where there's an explanation for why everyone can be out of character. He isn't saying this is Wakanda always, he's saying this is Wakanda under exceptionally bad circumstances.

The chieftain is different. Like I said, aside from using rape in both instances, there's no causal connection. I think the original depiction in issue #1 is ambiguous but I do think it's possible to find fault with T'Challa and Wakanda (and, therefore, with Coates for writing both out of character without explanation). The quote is something along the lines of "the chieftain's deprivations were well-known." I originally read that as a situation where everyone did know he was doing this but his political position allowed him to escape prosecution. World of Wakanda interpreted it differently - it was well-known among the village but he was able to use his influence and power to prevent knowledge of this from escaping. Apparently, the chieftain's own daughter didn't even know. I do think, if this is the explanation, it's easier to accept that resources are a little more scarce and it isn't as easy for the crown to find out about things like this. I'm also a little uncomfortable with the idea that the crown has spies and informants in every single village in Wakanda to spy on its own people even if it's for a good cause in a situation like this.
    BP WoW also states that any male who tried to stand up to the chieftain was also banished from. The village so again, how does that equate to the crown not being able to be notified if there are atleast several men who were removed front eh village, therefore able to get help? I know that the excuse was T'Challa was distracted, they beat us over the head with that excuse (even though like you said, T'Challa would actually welcome a distraction to take his mind off Shuri, that's very much in character. Also you can't use the claims that that the government is stretched thin because that excuse (they were stretched thin for putting out all the "fires" (all the issues) in Wakanda didn't come from the book, but from Coates tweets.

Finally, in not saying that Wakanda spies on its people. However, we have seen that for instance, taki in the techno jungle bring in information to T'Challa about things going on in Wakanda. It's about there being ways to hear information or having people who can report issues to the crown around to do so

uh oh

While I'm excited for Namor....not sure I wanted to see Wakanda flooded.. I just liked the idea of them stopping him from doing that.
    I heard he's a giant chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Please note: Infallible doesn't mean "never loses"

Infallible means "doesn't make mistakes".

As any halfway-decent chess player knows, it's possible to do everything correctly, and still lose.

I think what's really irritating Panther fans (well, irritating me, anyway) is that T'Coates lacks any real agency. He's always reacting to events and being led around by the nose. And even when he DOES know what's going on, his plans all seem to boil down to "I can't do this by myself, so I should get help from someone else." (often, but not exclusively, African-American superheroes)

Contrast that with RJ's KiB one-shot, where T'Challa is confronted by a new foe, considers his options & resources, and comes up with a plan to save Wakanda that doesn't rely on help from Americans or an army of manes ex machina.
    I would also note that RJs KiB one shot uses the "Can't do this by myself" angle the way Priest and Hudlin did so in the past. Which is T'Challa giving the orders to people to handle the immediate threats and give him the time to make his grandmaster Chess player moves happen. Also notice how the other's didn't even know the full extent of his plan but trusted him and knew that T'Challa wouldn't frak it up. They trusted him and did what he order Shuri running the risk of being taking over by knull, still trusted T'Challa and T'Challa ended the threat in a Big brain power move.

That's the difference between T'Coates and everyone one else. Hell I bet Liss depowered T'Challa would curb stomp T'Coates

uh oh

Well the one good thing to come out of this is that T’Challa won’t be present to bear the weight of that L. #TeamNamor #AtlantisForever
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Let me help you out

The definition is

You were so ready to reply you didnt do your homework.

And the reason I mentioned Hudlin and not Priest because that seems to be an unfair standard to a new writer. No one is expecting (or should) expect Priest level (at least to those here) from Ridley.

Hudlin showed how to "win" right. That was the point of it.
    And you were so ready to reply that you also didn't do your homework. None in this thread wants infallible T'Challa. No version of T'Challa, not Lee, not Kirby, Priest, Hudlin, Liss, McDuffie, RJ and especially Coates, have EVER shown T'Challa as infallible. T'Challa can and should make mistakes and be wrong, it's part of being relatable and human, he is not an omniscience being.

That being said, T'Challa, by nature, should be nigh infallible, the closest a humane an be to that level while still being considered human. The human portion of it is what keeps him grounded, keeps him imperfect, allows him to be worth and makes mistakes, causes him to still lose at times even when he does everything right, when his plans work flawlessly he still doesn't get the full win and loses sometimes.

And I wouldn't say Hudlin showed how to win right because he had T'Challa lose 2 twice to Doom, the second time being out in a coma, abd despite if Hudlin was allowed to stay on the book and write Doomwar as intended and eventually his planned World war Wakanda, we would of seen the most savage beat down of Doom handed to him by T'Challa that would of been ever so satisfying and made up for the losses he suffered.

Instead we got the **** from Mayberry. Ultimately Hudlin made two critical mistakes that haunted BP (which had he known what the future held, he obviously would of done it different). Marrying him to Storm, and having his battle with Doom drag out so long that he was unable to give him the win he deserved

Maybe this was already discussed but I reaaaalllly wanna see what interactions are like between TChalla and Storm after reading Sword #6 because holy cow. They two emprrors now.

And wakanda didn't even acknowledge Sol.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well the one good thing to come out of this is that T’Challa won’t be present to bear the weight of that L. #TeamNamor #AtlantisForever
    Yeah... I don't believe this is going to happen. Coogler and Disney ain't that dumb. BUT if this were true (even if it's not actually) I would not be surprised if people started saying dumbass **** like "mAyBe t'ChAlLa dIeS iN tHiS fLoOD bY nAmOr"