Page 629 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 129529579619625626627628629630631632633639679729 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,435 of 15079

This plot would be perfect for Malice if she wasn't killed off for no reason.

Hunter is kinda nuts but he is also a fierce Wakandan loyalist... I don't think he would kill Wakandan spies.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This plot would be perfect for Malice if she wasn't killed off for no reason.

Hunter is kinda nuts but he is also a fierce Wakandan loyalist... I don't think he would kill Wakandan spies.
    Those are good points. Guess it could be the return of Achebe.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I didnt say no other fanbase did this, but I'm actually a part of this one lol

And aside from that, again, comparing storm to "any other hero" with regards to BP is like comparing winter Solider to "any other hero" with regards to Captain America. The two are tied together narratively, that has been a thing for some time now. I think its unrealistic to expect it to just be forgotten or ignored when its been a major part of both characters written stories for the last several years.

Not to mention I never personally hated this ship, but that's neither here nor there. I think some of rhe statements made regarding how it had an effect on them both ate largely legitimate.
    The problem is at this point it's nothing but a toxic relationship. That's how it's treated by x office, hell even Coates made it toxic too by having T'Challa taking all the blame for the failure of the marriage and pining for Storm hard. The only benefactor of them being together has been Storm. She got her history fleshed out via Hudlin, a goddess power up under Coates, then the whole mauradurs situation which again was tied to her taking a weapon from Wakanda. What has T'Challa gotten? Nothing really at all.

They can move on T'Challa doesn't need her in his franchise, they can be cordial and talk every so often but let him move on. The ship has sailed, been torched, and sunk to the Mariana trench where it was crushed under the immense pressure

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Exactly lol, imagine thinking that anything is actually sacred in comics. Major relationships get forgotten all the time, it’s just Marvel probably understands they don’t have any tentpole black couples so they kinda have to keep T’Challa and Storm in each other’s orbit. And if we’re being frank most Black Panther writers aren’t even Black Panther fans like that so they don’t care too much about the integrity of the brand or character and fall for the “black power couple!!!” childishness that is the only real value to the pairing. Hence why it’s only BP writers that try to bring Storm into their stories.

That said, I think Ezyo and Vordan got the right idea, this is probably some attempt at house cleaning and establishing the various corners of T’Challa’s mythos early in the run. T’Challa visiting Storm allows Ridley to clear the air on where they stand as to whether they’re dating, rivals, secretly in love, on the brink of war, or whatever status he wants to give them. From there he can either continue to use Storm as some kind of lover or drop the romance altogether and have T’Challa move on to someone new.

If T’Challa’s visit is under the guise of some diplomatic visit he also gets the chance to update us on the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda and its status. Plus Krakoa is arguably Wakanda’s biggest rival and the X-books have controlled the narrative for 3 years about their relationship with the kingdom. This is a chance to see what T’Challa thinks of this new corner of the MU and the potential role they may have in future geopolitical stories under Ridley.

So I could see the appeal of getting this story beat out the way early, how it’s handled is the much bigger concern. If T’Challa is treated with respect and actually allowed to get one over the mutants that’s cool, but if this is him looking like a pussywhipped neophyte who gets outplayed by Storm then that spells bad things for the rest of this run IMO.
    I just can't see the benefit to punking T'Challa. There's literally no benefit at all ESPECIALLY this early in the series. Usually the first story really hits the ground running and shows the hero getting a very solid win. Then later on in other stories thru may take an L. But priest, Hudlin, Liss, McDuffie gillis. All of them showed T'Challa getting very clear solid wins to kick off their story.

Coates didn't but his were long drawn out stories that tried to end it all in some grand finale that fell short because we had no reason to root for T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It’s hard for the reveal of the spy-killer to be a “shocking revelation” if it’s someone we haven’t met before so I’m betting on an old BP villain. Achebe seems like a strong possibility because I could definitely see him having the capabilities to coordinate those assassinations and not get found out at first.

Hunter seems like another candidate having worked in espionage for all those years and he has been seen a bit more frequently (Empyre, this upcoming Rise rip-off). He also would fit well with the secret that T’Challa is trying to hide from everyone, perhaps they made an agreement or something in the past.

It could be a former ally/friend of T’Challa as well, maybe that one Wakandan friend he grew up with that died back in the 70’s never actually died.

Cannibal would be interesting, he’s basically a parasite so he might not actually be dead. And he’s a master infiltrator with his powers. Imagine if someone like Akili was revealed to really be Cannibal and he’s somehow been planning these assassinations from within Wakanda. The solicits do suggest that the culprit is based there.
    I would guess one of these. I really don't think it's Erik, he literally just died lol.

I think Achebe, Wanda (RJs version), Solomon prey may be a good one too. There's alot of villains that can use a revamp.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And like that, I've got some inspiration for what Black Panther 2099 could look like, even if this is technically supposed to be Black Panther from Marvel Future Fight's 3099 setting.

Black_Panther_(3099).jpg
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The problem is at this point it's nothing but a toxic relationship. That's how it's treated by x office, hell even Coates made it toxic too by having T'Challa taking all the blame for the failure of the marriage and pining for Storm hard. The only benefactor of them being together has been Storm. She got her history fleshed out via Hudlin, a goddess power up under Coates, then the whole mauradurs situation which again was tied to her taking a weapon from Wakanda. What has T'Challa gotten? Nothing really at all.

They can move on T'Challa doesn't need her in his franchise, they can be cordial and talk every so often but let him move on. The ship has sailed, been torched, and sunk to the Mariana trench where it was crushed under the immense pressure

To be fair 99% of relationships in marvel are toxic af the way I see it.

Only ones that I can think off off hand that aren't are Rogue and Gambit, who both have been sidelined since becoming married, and Spidey and MJ.... and we all know how that turned out.

Fact is healthy relationships are awesome in concept but terrible for writing stories with and thats why it almost never happens in these long running franchises.

Im interested to see where they go with this. I definitely don't want them married again but I've liked the dynamic they tend to have. Now with all the shifts in power and loyalty they'll either become rivals, allies or something else entirely.

I dont expect she's gonna vanish entirely. The mutants are EVERYWHERE right now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And like that, I've got some inspiration for what Black Panther 2099 could look like, even if this is technically supposed to be Black Panther from Marvel Future Fight's 3099 setting.

Black_Panther_(3099).jpg
    Really like the mask, the body is a tad bit overdesigned.

Only ones that I can think off off hand that aren't are Rogue and Gambit, who both have been sidelined since becoming married, and Spidey and MJ.... and we all know how that turned out.

Fact is healthy relationships are awesome in concept but terrible for writing stories with and thats why it almost never happens in these long running franchises.

Im interested to see where they go with this. I definitely don't want them married again but I've liked the dynamic they tend to have. Now with all the shifts in power and loyalty they'll either become rivals, allies or something else entirely.

I dont expect she's gonna vanish entirely. The mutants are EVERYWHERE right now.
    The relationship wasn't toxic under Hudlin, McDuffie or Liss. Healty relationships can work. Lazy writing is lazy. And watching some world star hip hop take place in the BP run is a hard pass from me. Even when they were apart and T'Challa doing his own deal writers still felt the need to take potshots at T'Challa using storm years after they already were divorced a d moved on.

She can vanish from his Mythos. Writers just need to stop adding her to stories and focus on franchise owned LI

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The relationship wasn't toxic under Hudlin, McDuffie or Liss. Healty relationships can work. Lazy writing is lazy. And watching some world star hip hop take place in the BP run is a hard pass from me. Even when they were apart and T'Challa doing his own deal writers still felt the need to take potshots at T'Challa using storm years after they already were divorced a d moved on.

She can vanish from his Mythos. Writers just need to stop adding her to stories and focus on franchise owned LI
    This right here. Depictions of healthy relationships require a writer with the talent to show it. Unfortunately some people don't even know what a healthy relationship looks like.

Rogue and Gambit's relationship is the very definition of a toxic relationship. The frequent lies, secrets and betrayals would make any sane person think the only reason those two stay together is due masochism.

Marvel Comics have had a hard time shaking off their soap opera roots. Relationships are often a source for adolescent melodrama... it's one of those tropes that writers go back to whenever they run out of ideas, like "Espionage agencies are corrupt" or "all utopias have dark secrets".

Or: "Superhero monarchs are boring. We should have them lose the throne because of rebellion, invasion, or lack of popular support!"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Michaela Coel is Aneka

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFilming/s...45476540387331

Atlanta Filming
    @AtlantaFilming
    Black Panther has not one but giant set pieces setup. Might have to fly over.

All these big sets (finally) for World of Wakanda meets Namor. Just robbed of T'Challa.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    You do realize thats the same dude that covered Black Panther when it filmed back in 2017? He called how there was a UN scene back then as well?

He probably saw her with Ayo/overheard the name.