Page 254 of 396 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 5934
  1. #3796
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    "Feels hollow" he says.

    I look at the VERY anti hollow Falcon and Winter Soldier series....I disagree.
    Im sure he was giving his opinion and not trying to give you your opinion.

    My opinion....hollow. Ayo is still a red shirt Dora. We aren't going to get an Ayo merchandising branch. Or a brand new Ayo movie series.
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-11-2021 at 01:44 PM.

  2. #3797
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah it really depends on what they mean by no more T'Challa. No more period as in T'Challa will vanish into a wormhole never to be seen again? That's the ONLY way he can be gone without killing him either on or off screen (since they said they aren't doing that) other way would be to pull a Doomwar and put him in a comma with injuries that cover his entire body, and when he does come back for BP 3 he looks completely different but that would be stupid.

    Really there's no good way to move on without T'Challa, you either recast or reboot. A recast is the only logical way to continue the black panther franchise because it's not just a mantle. It's a specific character. No one ever thinks Black Panther and then list off all the Black Panthers we have had over the last 50 years. It's one character, playing these games only damages the one unapologetic mainstream Black super hero with this bullisht stunt. Marvel needs to do better and be smart about this. Don't perpetuate Black makes being expendable
    This is true but I think the bug problem is that until recently T'Challa has never gotten the exposure that he has now. If articles constantly mentioning that Shuri has held the mantle and plenty of comic/marvel YouTube channels mentioning it too, no surprise that non comic readers seem to think that the franchise can move on without him and that's the demographic Marvel will pander to.

    We know that the franchise/mythos has focused on T'Challa 90% of the time with the exceptions being WoW, Kasper's brief tenure (even then T'Challa still played a major role) and Shuri's. And what never gets mentioned is that despite Shuri having been the BP, it didn't matter because at the time Marvel was still using T'Challa as THE Black Panther because thats who he is. How many epic stories/runs can be listed for Shuri BP.

    The main selling point for her BP has been black queen superhero. So they care more about the representation Shuri BP will bring than the franchise as a whole.

  3. #3798
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Fellow Wakandans.

    Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there some kinda news of a potential Wakanda based/ BP mythos tv series?!?

  4. #3799
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Fellow Wakandans.

    Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there some kinda news of a potential Wakanda based/ BP mythos tv series?!?
    Disney+ yes.

  5. #3800
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    "Feels hollow" he says.

    I look at the VERY anti hollow Falcon and Winter Soldier series....I disagree.
    Thats fine if you disagree, if you are enjoying the stuff more power to you. However to ME, the only thing I cared about in the MCU was the BP franchise and IW and EG and even those two I really only cared to see T'Challa. Now that T'Challa is apparently done with the MCU I don't care about it at all and only looking forward to seeing more of T'Challa and HIS world. When I see HIS world moving on and higher ups saying he won't be apart of it and that the plan all along was to focus on Wakanda more and not T'Challa (even though interviews and the Solo and both Avengers movies prove otherwise) it makes my above statement true. It's hollow, they are exploiting T'Challas world And claiming they are "too sad" to not recast but not too sad to recast or allow time to heal and recast.

    So yes the DM showing up in F&WS IS hollow to me because it's reinforcing and reminding of the bullshit stunt Marvel is pulling all in the name of "Honoring Chadwick" ya know, The guy who said he wanted BP to outlive us all and was a trailblazer and would of wanted T'Challa to continue on

  6. #3801
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    This is true but I think the bug problem is that until recently T'Challa has never gotten the exposure that he has now. If articles constantly mentioning that Shuri has held the mantle and plenty of comic/marvel YouTube channels mentioning it too, no surprise that non comic readers seem to think that the franchise can move on without him and that's the demographic Marvel will pander to.

    We know that the franchise/mythos has focused on T'Challa 90% of the time with the exceptions being WoW, Kasper's brief tenure (even then T'Challa still played a major role) and Shuri's. And what never gets mentioned is that despite Shuri having been the BP, it didn't matter because at the time Marvel was still using T'Challa as THE Black Panther because thats who he is. How many epic stories/runs can be listed for Shuri BP.

    The main selling point for her BP has been black queen superhero. So they care more about the representation Shuri BP will bring than the franchise as a whole.
    Yeah, until they realize that holds little water compared to a character created during the height of the civil rights movement and had 50+ years and ACTUAL story to pull from. Unless they pull some bullshit and take T'Challas stories and turn them into Shuris, people will catch on. Especially since sites Love to talk about top stories of a character. Once people start a miniscule about of looking they will find Shuri pretty bare. Simply put Shuri holds zero weight behind her being BP other than optics that rarely translate into a healthy nor successful movie. That goes for any side Character with minimal development trying to take over an established franchise.

    Really This is a situation just like spartacus, they recast the actor, used S2 to tell a different story and prepare for a recast and S3 they replaced the actor. The show was super popular and at it's highest even in S3 It was at it's highest. No is the same. No one will replace Chad ever. He is seal as the OG BP. But he blew the door wide open for T'Challas stories to be told. So this whole "no one can replace Chad, he will always be the Black Panther" is true, to the extent no one can replace him. But T'Challa can and should live on. This ain't a one off Character created for the MCU. This is a long standing Character who has been around for a long time and will continue after all of us are gone

  7. #3802
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,769

    Default

    After some of the stuff okoye pulled in the Korea fight a d the stuff the doras did in fal/ws...

    Id 100% believe they get lil boost during training. Just a lil taste of the herb. They seem just a touch enhanced. Just a touch
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  8. #3803
    Extraordinary Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,322

    Default

    So I was watching one of my favorite comic YouTube channels and they said Ayo's first appearance us Ultimates number 1? Then I looked up her bio and it says Ewing and Rocafort are her creators.

  9. #3804
    Incredible Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Obviously not recasting T'Challa. However, if they were this Sope Dirisu guy would be great.


    Dude is great on Gangs of London.

  10. #3805
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    So I was watching one of my favorite comic YouTube channels and they said Ayo's first appearance us Ultimates number 1? Then I looked up her bio and it says Ewing and Rocafort are her creators.
    Hmmm id hafta go back and look. I didnt remember the dora being named. I probably got caught up in one of blue marvels soliloquies lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  11. #3806
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    So I was watching one of my favorite comic YouTube channels and they said Ayo's first appearance us Ultimates number 1? Then I looked up her bio and it says Ewing and Rocafort are her creators.
    Yeah her and Aneka were the two Doras that strapped T'Challa to the teleporter he used to get on Galactus' ship.

  12. #3807
    Extraordinary Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Yeah her and Aneka were the two Doras that strapped T'Challa to the teleporter he used to get on Galactus' ship.
    I remember that scene, but for some reason I thought she was in the solo book first. Lol.

  13. #3808
    Fantastic Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Dude is great on Gangs of London.
    I think they should go more American and cast Denzel Washington son. Hes mainstream enough to bring in even more viewers and an excellent verbal and physical actor.

    Last edited by Vanguard; 04-11-2021 at 05:28 PM.

  14. #3809
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, until they realize that holds little water compared to a character created during the height of the civil rights movement and had 50+ years and ACTUAL story to pull from.
    That group does NOT care. She is black woman as the "lead" and that is all that matters.

    Now if the movie bombs or really underperforms-line starts to the right of

    "It's all black men fault."
    "Everyone in this thread to blame."
    "White supremacy"
    "China"
    "Republicans"
    "Should have had she who must not be named, Doom or Namor"

    Not the fact that there is a lack of material.

    And most of the new stuff is focusing on her NOT being Black Panther. It's showcasing HER as HERSELF.

  15. #3810
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I think they should go more American and cast Denzel Washington son. He’s mainstream enough to bring in even more viewers and an excellent verbal and physical actor.

    I could see JDW in the role mainly due to the strong connection his family has with Boseman’s. But my top pick would definitely be Damson Idris. He’s killing it on Snowfall and it helps that he’s very young so if he were to follow in Boseman’s footsteps the MCU could get a lot of mileage out of him.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •