Page 802 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 302702752792798799800801802803804805806812852902 ... LastLast
Results 12,016 to 12,030 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I heard that John Ridley was gonna write the new Black Panther solo, did that book came out already? was it good?.
    Pushed back to November...for now

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I heard that John Ridley was gonna write the new Black Panther solo, did that book came out already? was it good?.
    Got delayed until November

We have a few solicits and an unlettered preview of #1. That is just about it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Interview from the Legends writer. Seems very excited to expand on Hunter. The Storm stuff is going to be interesting.

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Interview from the Legends writer. Seems very excited to expand on Hunter. The Storm stuff is going to be interesting.

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true
    I’m glad he sees the potential in Hunter. He deserves to be an A lister in T’Challas rogues gallery. And speaking of Hunter, would you prefer him to have an African accent or an American sounding one like in BPQ.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I'm not sure. What is the official age Hunter was found? It would make sense that he would try to form an accent in an effort to fit in

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Rise_...anther_Vol_1_1

Just in time for the highly anticipated film, witness the early years of the man who will come to rule one of the most scientifically advanced countries in the world! Wakanda has always kept itself isolated from Western society, but that’s all about to change. Young T’Challa knows he is destined to become king, but when his father is brutally murdered by outsiders, he’ll find himself taking up a mantle he may not be ready for. Experience never-before-seen drama from the reign of T’Chaka, the king whose death changes a nation’s history forever. Learn about the mother T’Challa never knew. See how the world learns about this wondrous nation for the first time. Will the power of the Black Panther be enough to keep his country safe? Journalist Evan Narcisse makes his comics debut alongside acclaimed writer Ta-Nehisi Coates as they chronicle T’Challa’s rise to the throne – and to the Panther legacy that made him an Avenger.
    Oh. Thanks, Digi.
    So my next question would be...how many times have they told that story? And how has it varied from telling to telling?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sounds to me like he's more interested in writing Hunter & Storm...

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Got delayed until November

We have a few solicits and an unlettered preview of #1. That is just about it.
    Ah that sucks, thank you for your answers.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I'm not sure. What is the official age Hunter was found? It would make sense that he would try to form an accent in an effort to fit in
    He was found when he was a baby so I would say about a year old. Maybe two.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Oh. Thanks, Digi.
    So my next question would be...how many times have they told that story? And how has it varied from telling to telling?
    Oh jeez... there are at least three tellings of his origin (FF #52-53, Hudlin's first arc, and Rise). The first & third are basically the same, Hudlin's origin is drastically different (but was originally meant to be out-of-continuity, as I understand it).

They all have Klaw pulling the trigger, of course. It's just the contexts are different.

EDIT: Here's an overview https://www.cbr.com/black**********-...-death-retcon/
    Last edited by DigiCom; 10-13-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Wow, that's weird. CBR is censoring links to itself? http://tinyurl.com/bporigins

Kinda/sorta?

spoilers:
    Shuri only appears on two pages riding some sort of hovercart and crashing into his bedroom, where she asks if T'Challa wants to see her lab
    end of spoilers

That's pretty much the only time intelligence is even hinted at. T'Challa is too young to be more than a bit of a scrapper.

(If anything, this story seems to be attempting a pre-emptive reformation of Hunter, oddly enough.)
    that doesn't make sense for Shuri to be doing that then. Why would that be default for her but T'Challa has to work into it?

I mean if it's out of continuity and T'Challa isn't dumbed down to basically Black captain America then whatever.

Edit:

I read it. It's fine I guess nothing too unique or anything. I gotta say, out of all his showings of his death, Rise might of had the best showing for T'Chaka. My earlier point still stands
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 10-13-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And we've made it past 800 pages. Congratulations, Black Panther Appreciation 2021 Thread! Hopefully we can make it to 1,000 before the end of the year.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Oh jeez... there are at least three tellings of his origin (FF #52-53, Hudlin's first arc, and Rise). The first & third are basically the same, Hudlin's origin is drastically different (but was originally meant to be out-of-continuity, as I understand it).

They all have Klaw pulling the trigger, of course. It's just the contexts are different.

EDIT: Here's an overview https://www.cbr.com/black**********-...-death-retcon/
    Basically the same outside of an extra sibling