Page 805 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 305705755795801802803804805806807808809815855905 ... LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,075 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    In hindsight I wish they had just cut Shuri out of movie altogether. Or at least cut out Wright. Remove the love interest angle and let Lupita's Nakia be Shuri. Instead of finding his ex love he went to find his sister to inform her of their dad being killed. Shuri decided to be a War Dog basically and its consistent/generational as T'Chaka/N'Jobu took different paths as well.

That would have been a way to streamline everything and still keep T'Challa's genius intact. After first mission in the movie mission he decides to upgrade his own suit.
    Shuri being a war dog wouldn't make sense. She obviously ain't cut out for that isht at all. She's fine being the CURRENT head of the Wakandan design group. The problem was that they have Shuri all the achievements. There would of been absolutely nothing wrong with Shuri getting credit for designing the new habit, or helping Bucky and Ross. The problem is when she then was given credit for being able to make vibranium inert when. Transporting it through the mines. That's basically ripping off when T'Challa stopped doom in DW war making vibranium inert. That conversation with Ross could of happened but given T'Challa the credit of figuring it out.

The new habit scene could of happened all the same but T'Challa talking with Shuri completely understanding what was going on. Instead of him asking what was going on with the new habit after he kicked it he should of instead immediately known it was the the nanotechnology absorbing and storying the kinect energy and said as much. Basically we are then as the audience, understanding that T'Challa IS a super genius, and the difference between him and Shuri is that he does not have the time to tinker
    in the lab but has no problem geekying out when it comes to that stuff.

Letitia Wright denies spreading antivax rhetoric on set.

https://www.themarysue.com/letitia-w...orever-denial/

I feel like (I could be wrong/giving him the benefit of the doubt) that was a Feige call. He wanted James Bond. So Shuri being the Q is what simplified things like that. There was a lot to juggle in the 1st movie. In its search to not have an empty supporting cast (like Most MCU movies) he had to upgrade everyone else. He gave Shuri a role. However, yes it came at the expense of T'Challa but I think a lot of good movies have that issue.

People complain about the The Dark Knight Trilogy not having enough Bruce Wayne being a detective or building his own weapons as well. Its tough. I think (especially with there being a 4 hour version out there) they probably cut a few more moments indicating T'Challa's genius because of run time. They could have done a better job of if not showing T'Challa's genius but having Shuri or someone stating all of his intellectual feats. Again maybe they had it but it was cut out.
    T'Challa isn't James bond though. He is more than that. That would be like simplifying Cap to "Rambo" and leaving it there. Point is, these flaws were easier to ignore or give a pass when Chadwick was still alive because we on theory had two more movies, now that the support cast was introduced we could then allow T'Challa to develop more into his Priest version, there would be opportunities to play up his super genius (basically he should of been given a dark knight rises fixing the autopilot moment) while still allowing Shuri to be in that lane.

With Chadwick gone, all those flaw are now glaring issues and disservices because they WONT fix them if T'Challa is killed off. Sure they could mention his super genius on passing but it means alot less when he isn't around to show it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Hunter was a mistake and a crap reverse Token character.
    This, him, Ross & Kasper we’re all made to appeal to base of folks who will NEVER love BP or Wakanda. Same with nuAenka & Ayo.
    CJP should just combine Hunter, Ross & Kasper into 2 Character all 3 of them would be better for it.

Also I hate what they doing in BP 2 & how Shuri as been missed used in general. Wright was Bad choice imo from jump imo just not Shuri to me. But a lot this Shuri hate extra right now. She’s missed but unlike a lot of BP characters Her, Syan were needed in myths. There was whole a lot of there only be one magic super special negro at time ( a problem a lot Blk characters face) White & many of races characters get have healthy rship/friendships/best friends/family( bro & sisters) it made zero sense that T’Chaka had only child & years randomly white kid as King of nation & it made even less sense that Azzair had one kid aswell. It was lazy &!l stereotypical nothing more/nothing less.

BP needs his Gimm, His white savior Fist, His Falcon/WS & etc that who Shuri supposed to be. It may kind lame in some ways that’s his best friend is his lil sister but it was needed.. Other wise BP that situation is always 2nd or 3rd he can Reed, Steve, Cage & whoever friend or “brother” but he’ll never be 1st choice/1st line that role. Like 3rd at best. If Kasper/Hunter/Ross we’re different characters then they fill that role but they can’t so it is what it. All Shuri needs just like BP needs & these myths in general need someone who here for right reasons & understand how to put the characters/myths in the best positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Hunter was a mistake and a crap reverse Token character.
    He's a better written character than the vast majority of new characters introduced in the franchise in nearly 2 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Highly disagree. I always saw Hunter as more of a deconstruction of the White savior trope. The only downside is that I can see a lot of white fans infantilizing him like they do with other white “bad boy” characters like Kylo Ren.
    This is correct

In hindsight I wish they had just cut Shuri out of movie altogether. Or at least cut out Wright. Remove the love interest angle and let Lupita's Nakia be Shuri. Instead of finding his ex love he went to find his sister to inform her of their dad being killed. Shuri decided to be a War Dog basically and its consistent/generational as T'Chaka/N'Jobu took different paths as well.

That would have been a way to streamline everything and still keep T'Challa's genius intact. After first mission in the movie mission he decides to upgrade his own suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Shuri being a war dog wouldn't make sense. She obviously ain't cut out for that isht at all. She's fine being the CURRENT head of the Wakandan design group. The problem was that they have Shuri all the achievements. There would of been absolutely nothing wrong with Shuri getting credit for designing the new habit, or helping Bucky and Ross. The problem is when she then was given credit for being able to make vibranium inert when. Transporting it through the mines. That's basically ripping off when T'Challa stopped doom in DW war making vibranium inert. That conversation with Ross could of happened but given T'Challa the credit of figuring it out.

The new habit scene could of happened all the same but T'Challa talking with Shuri completely understanding what was going on. Instead of him asking what was going on with the new habit after he kicked it he should of instead immediately known it was the the nanotechnology absorbing and storying the kinect energy and said as much. Basically we are then as the audience, understanding that T'Challa IS a super genius, and the difference between him and Shuri is that he does not have the time to tinker
    in the lab but has no problem geekying out when it comes to that stuff.
    This BP didn’t need to without a love interest/sexless in flim. Just like everyone else got he need a love interest & most part health fam. There of course things I would did differently 1st Lupita would be still be love interest but with a different name ( so they have no reasons not to use Lupita character in comics), S’Yan would be in movie ( also played by S.Brown to much of a great actor to waste his time like them did) he & Nobjoo ( wateva his is ) would been twins, And Shuri been play buy some more like Zethu Dlomo or Natasha Thahane or Cindy Mahlangu or Ama Qamata. And BP will be bluntly/loud shown to be a super genius & etc..
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 10-14-2021 at 01:09 PM.

T'Challa isn't James bond though. He is more than that. That would be like simplifying Cap to "Rambo" and leaving it there. Point is, these flaws were easier to ignore or give a pass when Chadwick was still alive because we on theory had two more movies, now that the support cast was introduced we could then allow T'Challa to develop more into his Priest version, there would be opportunities to play up his super genius (basically he should of been given a dark knight rises fixing the autopilot moment) while still allowing Shuri to be in that lane.

With Chadwick gone, all those flaw are now glaring issues and disservices because they WONT fix them if T'Challa is killed off. Sure they could mention his super genius on passing but it means alot less when he isn't around to show it off.
    All of this. At this rate I think Chad’s version of the character is screwed beyond repair since Coogler and the cast are too grief stricken to see the bigger picture. Let’s just hope the multiverse can save us from this nightmare.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I like this variant cover.

Damn! Those past Black Panthers are...scrummylicious!
    Instead of old rehashed stories, I would read an in-depth limited series featuring each of the men and women who've held the Black Panther mantle throughout Wakanda's history.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Damn! Those past Black Panthers are...scrummylicious!
    Instead of old rehashed stories, I would read an in-depth limited series featuring each of the men and women who've held the Black Panther mantle throughout Wakanda's history.
    Well you have Flags of our Fathers from hudlin
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    This BP didn’t need to without a love interest/sexless in flim. Just like everyone else got he need a love interest & most part health fam. There of course things I would did different to Lupita would be still be love interest but with a different name ( so they have no reasons not to use Lupita character in comics), S’Yan would be in movie ( also played by S.Brown to much of a great actor to waste his time like them did) he & Nobjoo ( wateva his is ) would been twins, And Shuri been play buy some more like Zethu Dlomo or Natasha Thahane or Cindy Mahlangu or Ama Qamata. And BP will be bluntly/loud shown to be a super genius & etc..
    Pretty much the only things I would Change from the first movie is T'Challa pushing the idea of opening Wakanda (yes his father died but he still believes on that dream) with Nakia being the only one in support of it. And T'Challa showing his super genius on display on Shuris lab, and him given the credit for figuring out how to make vibranium inert (since he was the one who did it in the comics) since that literally takes nothing away from Shuri, since she designed the new habit and apparently was able to heal and fix people's corrupted minds. All the stuff in BP and then with vision on IW was too much credit as stacked on a character who essentially was given T'Challas super genius

Edit: double post
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 10-14-2021 at 01:06 PM.

Pretty much the only things I would Change from the first movie is T'Challa pushing the idea of opening Wakanda (yes his father died but he still believes on that dream) with Nakia being the only one in support of it. And T'Challa showing his super genius on display on Shuris lab, and him given the credit for figuring out how to make vibranium inert (since he was the one who did it in the comics) since that literally takes nothing away from Shuri, since she designed the new habit and apparently was able to heal and fix people's corrupted minds. All the stuff in BP and then with vision on IW was too much credit as stacked on a character who essentially was given T'Challas super genius
    Definitely agree with that & I would had him help with fixes the mind part a bit to but my Shuri would be a tech mage alchemist ( which needs to be in general just like on the one shot Redjack did) so we wouldn’t even run any of these issues imo

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

MoS, BlackClaw,etc. Lets make the drive over there

MCU - The Direct
    @MCU_Direct
    #BlackPanther2 is now casting black actors for a scene involving a small backyard party! Details:
    Backyard Party Scene
    URGENT POST for BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER:

Casting for a small backyard party scene

– Black men and women

– NEW FACES ONLY

– ages 30 to 50

Work Date: this FRI 10/15
    Can wear shirts like this under the jacket.

MCU - The Direct
    @MCU_Direct
    #BlackPanther2 is now casting black actors for a scene involving a small backyard party! Details:
    Backyard Party Scene

Naw fam! I'm goin' Killmonger! Burn it down all of it!

MCU - The Direct
    @MCU_Direct
    Backyard Party Scene

I’m 27 so I don’t meet the age requirements. Sorry. But if you do go try and plant the idea of a live action T’Challa variant in people’s minds. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"