Page 808 of 929 FirstFirst ... 308708758798804805806807808809810811812818858908 ... LastLast
Results 12,106 to 12,120 of 13933
  1. #12106
    Astonishing Member Dboi654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Anyone think TC Carson or Phil Llamar would make for good T’Challa voice actors?
    Phil Lamar already did some voice acting for Marvel Ultimate Alliance

  2. #12107
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Or....and this is a wild and crazy idea, I know...

    We can just let people be enthusiastic about stuff.

    I know I'd rather read/hear about how Pattinson is going to be The Greatest Batman Ever based on a clip that is less coherent than the average music video than the general moaning and groaning that nearly all fandoms seem to indulge in now.

    Across the board not just here, in case anyone thinks I'm attacking them specifically.

    Y'all are a beacon of sunshine compared to Trek fans now. And they have three shows now and are getting a fourth.

    It's like the worst thing that ever happened to fans was getting media products that catered to them on a regular basis.

    I swear the only fandoms can ever be REALLY happy now are the ones where the property is officially dead as a doornail. Like the Bionic 6.

    They have no reason to expect anything so they can maybe at least enjoy shit.
    That is sadly on point, speaking of sci-fi/fantasy/SF (speculative fiction)/superhero fandom in general. For example, as a Spider-Man fan, I'm still seeing some people damn near ready to go to war with Marvel itself or fellow fans over the merest perception of "disrespect" to Peter Parker. It gets a little aggravating, to say the least, because they constantly act like, "It's the end! He's doomed! DOOMED! Marvel's gonna screw him over or kill him off for good!" No chance in hell of that happening, because he, as a cultural and corporate product, has too much invested in him for Marvel to be that foolish and reckless with him, One More Day notwithstanding. (On a more topical note, T'Challa did defeat Mephisto when they met under Christopher Priest's pen, so . . .)

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Anyone think TC Carson or Phil Llamar would make for good TíChalla voice actors?
    Phil LaMarr, yeah. I don't know enough about TC Carson to judge for sure. If anything, though, I'd prefer either James C. Mathis or bringing back Keith David from the adaptation of the Black Panther's first comic appearance in the 90s Fantastic Four animated series.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 10-15-2021 at 02:55 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  3. #12108

    Default

    Its still kinda amazing really.

  4. #12109

    Default

    More I think about it I think Ryan is a major Spider-Man stan. Even his use of T'Challa seemed more Spidey (a bit) and the mine falling scene is similar to Spiderman 2 (not to mention there is a train fight) Of everything from BP mythos the FIRST villain he mentions to Marvel is Kraven?

    Its possible that he doesnt see Shuri/BP. He sees teenage Spider-Man (she'll likely still be 18 right because of the blip?) Even down to the almost 30 year old playing a teen/college student. MCU Shuri only works if she's just a Spider-Man in Wakanda. Only way to excuse the lack of physicality. CGI her doing a bunch of flips.

    Fascinating really.

  5. #12110
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Or....and this is a wild and crazy idea, I know...

    We can just let people be enthusiastic about stuff.

    I know I'd rather read/hear about how Pattinson is going to be The Greatest Batman Ever based on a clip that is less coherent than the average music video than the general moaning and groaning that nearly all fandoms seem to indulge in now.

    Across the board not just here, in case anyone thinks I'm attacking them specifically.
    The majority of folks are doing that.

    Where we have ISSUES and in this case Coates fans-WE are in the wrong and being toxic for NOT liking his run after many if not ALL gave the man a fair shot.
    Never have this fanbase acted at the level of Snyder Cut and some other fanbases.

    Lets not forget you got another faction in these wars-the GRIFTERS-who start mess up at will.

    Like the Bionic 6.
    Grifters would FIND something to throw a fit about. Probably the black guy. They did with Visionaries in IDW when Leonric was made black.

    Bionic 6 was suppose to be about the Bionic Man and Woman and their kids.

  6. #12111
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    More I think about it I think Ryan is a major Spider-Man stan. Even his use of T'Challa seemed more Spidey (a bit) and the mine falling scene is similar to Spiderman 2 (not to mention there is a train fight) Of everything from BP mythos the FIRST villain he mentions to Marvel is Kraven?

    Its possible that he doesnt see Shuri/BP. He sees teenage Spider-Man (she'll likely still be 18 right because of the blip?) Even down to the almost 30 year old playing a teen/college student. MCU Shuri only works if she's just a Spider-Man in Wakanda. Only way to excuse the lack of physicality. CGI her doing a bunch of flips.

    Fascinating really.
    And then you have the people who ship the MCU versions of Spider-Man and Shuri.

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The majority of folks are doing that.

    Where we have ISSUES and in this case Coates fans-WE are in the wrong and being toxic for NOT liking his run after many if not ALL gave the man a fair shot.
    Never have this fanbase acted at the level of Snyder Cut and some other fanbases.

    Lets not forget you got another faction in these wars-the GRIFTERS-who start mess up at will.



    Grifters would FIND something to throw a fit about. Probably the black guy. They did with Visionaries in IDW when Leonric was made black.

    Bionic 6 was suppose to be about the Bionic Man and Woman and their kids.
    That is also sadly on point. The damned grifters who start s*** mostly to exploit the aggrieved entitlement of certain contingents of "fans" who get mad every time they're reminded by either fiction or reality that they're not the only people who matter.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  7. #12112
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Any BP movie news?

  8. #12113
    Astonishing Member Dboi654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,310

    Default

    The woman who played the tribal elder just passed away

    RIP.

  9. #12114
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    3,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    The woman who played the tribal elder just passed away

    RIP.
    I was just about to post this. At least she got a chance to be in the biggest film franchise on the planet. May you find peace with the ancestors Dorothy Steele, and say hi to T’Chadwick for us.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  10. #12115
    Invincible Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    20,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Or....and this is a wild and crazy idea, I know...

    We can just let people be enthusiastic about stuff.

    I know I'd rather read/hear about how Pattinson is going to be The Greatest Batman Ever based on a clip that is less coherent than the average music video than the general moaning and groaning that nearly all fandoms seem to indulge in now.

    Across the board not just here, in case anyone thinks I'm attacking them specifically.

    Y'all are a beacon of sunshine compared to Trek fans now. And they have three shows now and are getting a fourth.

    It's like the worst thing that ever happened to fans was getting media products that catered to them on a regular basis.

    I swear the only fandoms can ever be REALLY happy now are the ones where the property is officially dead as a doornail. Like the Bionic 6.

    They have no reason to expect anything so they can maybe at least enjoy shit.
    This is fair for fandoms.

    I was more talking bad about actual reviewers (or fake reviewers? not sure what is a real reviewer anymore lol).

    Hell, I was in here declaring BP best movie ever so lol.

    (of course that makes the current pain worse)
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  11. #12116
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    The woman who played the tribal elder just passed away

    RIP.
    Oh man.. She was so excited to be back too. She had a small role but it seemed like she really enjoyed what she was doing.

  12. #12117
    Mighty Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Oh man.. She was so excited to be back too. She had a small role but it seemed like she really enjoyed what she was doing.
    I believe that it was also her first role

  13. #12118

    Default

    sad. r.i.p

  14. #12119
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    The woman who played the tribal elder just passed away

    RIP.

    Really sorry to hear this.

    RIP.

  15. #12120
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Anyone think TC Carson or Phil Llamar would make for good TíChalla voice actors?
    Phil would be a good choice. There's a number of black VAs that could be interesting:

    https://animemotivation.com/black-anime-voice-actors/

    Off the top of my head I'd actually like to see Zeno Robinson do a take on T'Challa

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •