Page 777 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 277677727767773774775776777778779780781787827877 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,655 of 15079
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So happy the cape is back, T’Challa just looks so plain without it.
    Ding ding ding!!!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I will NOT get duped into excitement until i have watched or read interviews from Ridley about his plans and intentions for BP.

Having said that, I am pleased Marvel brought in an actual comicbook writer and not another wannabe.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    T'Challa has a stunt double and CGI on his side. I think Idris would do fine.
    Agreed but....
    He is too old to play Tchalla now....pass

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    A young Sidney Poitier would have been great to handle the depth/nuance of Coates T'Challa.
    Did this guy just say "depth/nuance of Coates Tchalla"??

Hahahahahaaaaaaa.....ROFL!!!!!

Poetic dialogue is NOT character nuance but I guess to each their own and I will leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I will NOT get duped into excitement until i have watched or read interviews from Ridley about his plans and intentions for BP.

Having said that, I am pleased Marvel brought in an actual comicbook writer and not another wannabe.
    Well Ridley said that he likes T’Challa so he meets the bare minimum requirements for me. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

Oh goodness NO, I hope not....or perhaps muuuch later in the series.
    Dude It is invetibale besides Klaw was more of a general marvel villain these days

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That trailer is dope, I feel like it’s the start of a new era but we’ll see how everything fits together. The suit redesign looks great and I’m interested to see T’Challa’s plots come to fruition. I like the Avengers showing up, should probably help keep sales up a bit and it’d be nice to see moments of T’Challa leading them.

I don’t think “The nation will be devastated” means actual harm coming to Wakanda. I think it’s referring to how the kingdom will be shocked and saddened when T’Challa’s secrets are revealed. I wonder if it’s tied to the new female character that looks like a potential love interest. And am I the only one who thinks the video is hinting that the villain is a former friend of T’Challa’s?
    Wakanda shouldn't be devastated by now.

It should be, "Dang T'challa, again? Why you always keepin secrets?"

TBF, I don't care if Wakanda gets devastated. Waknada can get F'd for all I care lol.

T'challa hiding **** from people is hinting at Priest type Panther (or Hickman, who was priest ish until Hickman needed certain things to happen). Let's see if he is 5 steps ahead of this or not.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm just hesitant with the whole...(Devastating his nation) thing. If we must go this route yet again, at least let it be a scenario where T'Challa knows something is wrong and is meticulously working to root out sabotage...WITHOUT looking like a dotting wuss.

T'Challa just went from the most dangerous man alive to the most dumbfounded man alive back to the most dangerous man alive again.

Technically, that should be "The Dangerous Person Alive".

If Ridley gives us just half of the of the Priest Panther, we'll be far better off than they last run. Got to give the people what they want and they want the Panther who keeps secrets and does things that will piss off his friends all for what he believes are the best reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'm just hesitant with the whole...(Devastating his nation) thing. If we must go this route yet again, at least let it be a scenario where T'Challa knows something is wrong and is meticulously working to root out sabotage...WITHOUT looking like a dotting wuss.
    That seems to be the exact premise of the book....

If the premise of the first few arcs of priest were released in YT hype video form, a large percentage of people in here would be nervous AF.

Just gotta hope Ridley can write lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

If Ridley gives us just half of the of the Priest Panther, we'll be far better off than they last run. Got to give the people what they want and they want the Panther who keeps secrets and does things that will piss off his friends all for what he believes are the best reasons.
    It is also in character for T'challa to "devastate Wakanda" for the right reasons as well.

He isn't above dragging Wakanda into something if he feels it is right.

Give me paranoid, secret keeping, cold, calculating 5 steps ahead, "screw your feelings" Panther please.

(And you can go ahead and show me why that might not be a good thing either. )

Absolutely ... I have been singing that song for years.

If X-Men are going to keep FORCING their stories on BP franchise and randomly creating Wakandans then BP writer should have the right and power to seize all that and use it to the advantage of making BP/ Tchalla more cool and deadlier as well as make Wakanda more powerful.
    Honestly I find it on the same vein as anyone trying to link storm to T'Challa. It's a waste of time and effort, it's never reciprocated, and whatever cook thing the BP writer does will be undone in a single 3rd string x book without a care. X writers already leech off the BP mythos for Storm, and Eden, now we want to throw gentle into that too?

The best thing is to have T'Challa move as far away from the x office for a few years and focus on other stuff and build up his story, his villains and LI

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    T'Challa just went from the most dangerous man alive to the most dumbfounded man alive back to the most dangerous man alive again.

Technically, that should be "The Dangerous Person Alive".

dangerous person in terms of just encompassing all? That works.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the Wakanda will be devastated, but I've been burned so I still holding reservations. But I am hopeful. Seriously this looks like it could be just what we need to get T'Challa on Track. If we get Priest or even Hudlin like T'Challa I would be happy. No more Coates era thinking. They know that isht don't sell

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    dangerous person in terms of just encompassing all? That works.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the Wakanda will be devastated, but I've been burned so I still holding reservations. But I am hopeful. Seriously this looks like it could be just what we need to get T'Challa on Track. If we get Priest or even Hudlin like T'Challa I would be happy. No more Coates era thinking. They know that isht don't sell
    I don't think Wakanda will be physically devastated, I think it's more in terms of the fallout from the secrets T'Challa has been keeping and what he's been doing to cover them up.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Wakandans tried to exile him for it.

Very excited for the comic. It should be interesting seeing what direction they go. Very likely will incorporate elements of the past run but I'm also hoping Ridley takes it in his own direction. Ridley is a good writer and usually has a clear voice with his characters, something im looking forward to hearing.