Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
It's because some people are only comfortable if black men are portrayed as one Asexual, gay, or if they are in a relationship then it is more likely an interracial relationship. Nothing is wrong with the later two, however, people always seem to scoff at the idea of a black man being in a healthy relationship with a black woman and feel the need to insert dysfunction into it.

A LI wouldn't define T'Challa, that's a weak and lame excuse not to have one for him. No comic book hero is ever defined by a LI. How many heroes do we see how have relationships, or hook ups without issue, but for T'Challa all of a sudden they will define him so he needs to ride solo like he has been doing since AvX, and is only ever allowed to have something when Storm happens to drop by (and even then more often than not she is shade throwing and he just takes it) before he is back to going solo player.

I don't care what anyone says, the 3 most important characters in the book should be T'Challa, the Villain, and the LI. With T'Challa standing clearly above those two
this is precisely why I introduced the upgraded Zanda into the show. She would not be some chick sitting around in lingerie waiting for him to come in and ring the bells. She would not be someone he simped over and threw off his responsibilities to chill with. She would be a challenge. She would be a match. She would be hot as hell and she would always have her own agenda. The animation guys had some other ideas but i'm confident my way would have won out.

Zanda is also royalty but she would represent a version of a prince/princess who ABANDONED her duties to just live for adventure. She would be a temptation. She would be worth it. And she would always upset his game because, underneath the stoic exterior, he would be burning for her and she would KNOW it.

And none of it would take anything away from T'Challa or the fact that the book has his name on it and is supposed to be about him.

think i couldn't write the hell out of that? Guess again.