Page 552 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 52452502542548549550551552553554555556562602652 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    We can never know for sure. Especially if this is an emotional situation for him. And didn’t he say he also grew up reading black panther?
    No he did not. The first thing he talked about with the character was how he didn't understand what made him so cool and then he did research. I just want to know what research he did.

Tchalla doesnt shoot lightning from his eyes
    Tchalla doesnt have bulletproof skin
    Tchalla cant alter reality

Its a very nuanced character and it's not for everybody at first until they actually do research. I just wish Marvel would give the character to people that actually understand all of his nuance.
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-01-2021 at 06:43 PM.

Lol wow we’re here now? #TeamNamor on the black panther forum. Never thought I’d see the day. Coogler is gonna be the new Coates soon.
    In the MCU?

Yup, #TeamAtlantis

And I don't blame Coogler. He's just doing what he thinks he should be doing, for whatever his reasons. It is higher up than him.

Plus, he made the GOAT super hero movie, so, I ain't gonna hate him.

I ain't gonna see BP2 and when people start posting gifs are drowning Wakandans, imma just giggle.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Nah it's better to profit off black death and then push a Black women who on people eyes is less threatening then a Black man in a positive position such as T'Challa. Plus they would play on first ever Black female lead on the MCU. They will be greedy AF.. which is why people are saying they aren't going to support this and that hopefully T'Challa is Recast by BP3
    Since when did Hollywood care that much about Black women?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Weelllllllpppppp

Its official

Shuri vs Namor it is

I’ll just come out and say it: I hate that T’Challa is going to have to share the Black Panther mantle now with Shuri because of damn MCU synergy. As a massive Hulk fan who dislikes MCU Hulk, it really blows how every non-comic Hulk adaption takes their cues from Ruffalo. Now this pretty much guarantees T’Challa will either get killed off by Namor or sidelined forever (maybe he gets sent into a coma?) in the MCU and that bums me out so much.

God I hope they leave Ridley alone at least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I know yall dont care for scoopers. However, Charles Murphy is saying that a MCU character thats been cast but not shown up yet will make their debut. Some are speculating Riri.

Again he's a scooper so he could be totally wrong. However

He also ..said its NOT taking place during the blip/snap
    Scoopers are full of **** 90% of the time (ex: Grace Randolph).
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ll just come out and say it: I hate that T’Challa is going to have to share the Black Panther mantle now with Shuri because of damn MCU synergy. As a massive Hulk fan who dislikes MCU Hulk, it really blows how every non-comic Hulk adaption takes their cues from Ruffalo. Now this pretty much guarantees T’Challa will either get killed off by Namor or sidelined forever (maybe he gets sent into a coma?) in the MCU and that bums me out so much.

God I hope they leave Ridley alone at least.
    Do we know for sure that would happen in Marvel comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They’re not consistent and it ultimately comes down to editorial. Take Scarlet Witch: Despite how popular the Wandavision relationship is with the general public, Breevort hates it and so Marvel keeps the two of them apart. But at the other end you get Shuri and Wakanda as a whole who were basically turned into clones of the MCU versions once the movie came out. Pre-MCU Shuri and Post-MCU Shuri may as well be different characters, she got massively deaged and her Griot powers were dropped. So who knows?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    This. If the movies truly had that much influence over the comics, T’Challa would’ve been killed off by now but nope. He’s still alive and kicking on top of being a space emperor now. On the film side of things he’s screwed but in other mediums he should be fine, albeit with the supporting cast probably rising in importance.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    This. If the movies truly had that much influence over the comics, T’Challa would’ve been killed off by now but nope. He’s still alive and kicking on top of being a space emperor now. On the film side of things he’s screwed but in other mediums he should be fine, albeit with the supporting cast probably rising in importance.
    This pretty much. At worst he’ll share the mantle in the comics but I think that in all non-MCU stuff he’ll still be the main character, albeit the lead of an ensemble as opposed to a strong lead like Cap or Iron Man. The idea of BP as a solo superhero IP will probably end up dying out in favor of more “World of Wakanda” storytelling across all media (including the comics).

I don’t think the effects will be noticeable at least for 2-3 years though and we’ll have to see how bad it gets. I doubt they make a habit of killing T’Challa off so Shuri can take the mantle but making the BP solo into a glorified team book trying to court casuals? Yea I see that happening after or during the Ridley run. I expect future BP books to feel more like X-Men or Wakandan Eternals than an actual solo but obviously I could be wrong.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-01-2021 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This pretty much. At worst he’ll share the mantle in the comics but I think that in all non-MCU stuff he’ll still be the main character, albeit the lead of an ensemble as opposed to a strong lead like Cap or Iron Man. The idea of BP as a solo superhero IP will probably end up dying out in favor of more “World of Wakanda” storytelling across all media (including the comics).

I don’t think the effects will be noticeable at least for 2-3 years though and we’ll have to see how bad it gets. I doubt they make a habit of killing T’Challa off so Shuri can take the mantle but making the BP solo into a glorified team book trying to court casuals? Yea I see that happening after or during the Ridley run. I expect future BP books to feel more like X-Men or Wakandan Eternals than an actual solo but obviously I could be wrong.
    Or the Black Panther book proper will still be about him. But given that new one shot about M’Baku I can totally see more books green lit about other Wakandans to try to draw in casuals assuming Marvel goes all in on the World of Wakanda angle in the future.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    In the MCU?

Yup, #TeamAtlantis

And I don't blame Coogler. He's just doing what he thinks he should be doing, for whatever his reasons. It is higher up than him.

Plus, he made the GOAT super hero movie, so, I ain't gonna hate him.

I ain't gonna see BP2 and when people start posting gifs are drowning Wakandans, imma just giggle.
    It was one of the GOATs despite me being caught up in "others" nitpicking it to hell on twitter.

Got damn they had a good thing going would have loved to see T'Challa destroy Namor at the end. Man its just unfortunate all the way around.

So some of ya'll are praying the first Black Female lead mcu movie fails hard, in the hopes that they will bring back T'challa for BP3.
    Hmmm, Feels like they playing us against each other and in the end we both lose. Oh well, at least I get one more BP movie no matter what.

So some of ya'll are praying the first Black Female lead mcu movie fails hard, in the hopes that they will bring back T'challa for BP3.
    Hmmm, Feels like they playing us against each other and in the end we both lose. Oh well, at least I get one more BP movie no matter what.
    I’ve just grown numb to anything Black Panther related in the MCU at this point. Lol. Can’t even get excited for What If? Since Chad’s last performance is being wasted on a stupid premise. I’m just hoping Ridley makes us proud.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Who is "we?" There is no "us." I'm looking at this from one angle only.

I don't care if M'baku is the lead. I don't care if Kasper is the Lead. Okoye. Shuri. W'kabi. Freaking Ross.

I'm a T'challa, the Black Panther, fan. I want the story of Black Panther that I saw in the MCU so far continued. The End.

I don't care about the rest of it.

I also am not praying for its downfall. I hope the rest of you find the 20 buck ticket worth it.

I won't go, I won't buy merchandise, not one dollafrom the House of Shadow will be going towards the movie, and I'll be cheering for Namor in the gifs.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’re not consistent and it ultimately comes down to editorial. Take Scarlet Witch: Despite how popular the Wandavision relationship is with the general public, Breevort hates it and so Marvel keeps the two of them apart. But at the other end you get Shuri and Wakanda as a whole who were basically turned into clones of the MCU versions once the movie came out. Pre-MCU Shuri and Post-MCU Shuri may as well be different characters, she got massively deaged and her Griot powers were dropped. So who knows?
    That's what I thought. Synergy is inconsistent so I couldn't predict what they'd do.

On a side note, I did kinda like Shuri's griot powers but her personality aftee being resurrected seemed a bit too harsh

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Yeah, he just got his own addition to the Avengers video game. While his live action status is unfortunate, I wouldn't right him off elsewhere