Page 264 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364764 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 15079

My prediction is that TCHALLA will be back in the MCU. I’m not sure how or when. But in the near future.

Basically at this point I think marvel knows there is no good explanation for T'Challas absence and anything other then death or recast is going to be bullshit AF, so I think they are going to put their heads down, grot their teeth and just push through it in hopes that people will accept the bullisht then eventually move on. That or depending on when it hits, they will hope they can use the Wakanda series as a way to get people used to the supporting cast and slowly fade T'Challa out, maybe a couple mentions here and there but try and shift focus away so whatever explanation people accept for the movie. At this point though I really don't care for them to use "Black Panther" and have it feature Wakanda and the supporting cast on some blade trinity isht

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    All your average joes because didn't you know all black american mean are struggling. Obama was never president, we don't run companies, we aren't scientist, we are all street smart and struggling. It's just a hot mess.

I look at his way, despite how you feel about what Bill cosby did the same people who don't want a Tchalla recast are the same people that don't want the cosby family on the air. Why when it come to a positive black image people just assume black people can't seperate fact and fiction but some of these white pedophile shows and movies still on and running.
    One of the reasons I am glad they changed Sam's origin the MCU. One less black dude from the hood.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    They are already starting to kill him off in video games. If Disney makes a mandate then all things eventually follow since they dont seem to allow for much creative freedom. The MCU is driving almost everything
    How is he getting the shaft in video games. His reveal trailer for the avengers game got a lot of traction.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Anyone that can tell me if there are prevelant
    African science fiction themes or folk lore similar to how

Asians have dragons, samurai, ninjas, ect

Any ghost warriors or mythical weapons/creatures?
    Recurring things I’ve seen are griots (both the standard musician-intellectual and the more fantastical sorcerer kinds), water spirits (often taking a fish or serpent form), spears blessed by gods and the ancestors, and mud brick architecture (often inspired by the Sahel civilizations or pre-colonial Nigeria). Themes I see a lot are ancestors and societal memory as well as the need to be united. Black Panther has a lot of stock Afrofuturist/fantasy tropes.

Ultimate Member

Can't marry him off because that removes Nakia and shes the bigges "star" left in the franchise.

Cant advance to the space empire because none of it has been set up and this MCU version of Tchalla isnt on that level interms of development or intellect. It would be a handwave.

There are really no good options to remove him from his franchise after one solo without it looking contrived within the storytelling.
    The only thing that I can think of is to say that the t'challa that stepped out of the portal during Infinity Wars was a skrull and the real t'challa never came back (or was abducted)
    But that might be seen as distasteful to Chad by some. (Also completely kills a see wakanda and die story)
    How is Nakia the star? She wasn't even the most interesting side character

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    My prediction is that TCHALLA will be back in the MCU. I’m not sure how or when. But in the near future.
    That would require him to be recast. Which doesn't really fix the existing problem
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    How is he getting the shaft in video games. His reveal trailer for the avengers game got a lot of traction.
    Yeah, a lot of people seem excited for it, at least from what I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How is Nakia the star? She wasn't even the most interesting side character

That would require him to be recast. Which doesn't really fix the existing problem

Yeah, a lot of people seem excited for it, at least from what I've seen
    She's an oscar winner. Although I would argue that Angela Bassett is more recognizable to the general public.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    She's an oscar winner. Although I would argue that Angela Bassett is more recognizable to the general public.
    She's an Oscar Winner, but her character wasn't especially interesting to me. I think she should have gotten the role of an actual superhero.

Besides, I don't think the MCU is built on star power. Characters like T'Challa became popular because of what the actors did in the movies, not before

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Black Panther was practically marketed (to the general public, not just comic-book readers) based on the absolute star power of the majority of its cast.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Black Panther was practically marketed (to the general public, not just comic-book readers) based on the absolute star power of the majority of its cast.
    I can see that, but IMO it wasn't reflected in the movie. Most of the side cast didn't interest me or seem especially necessary. I came to see T'Challa, and Klaw to some extent, but I also liked Shuri and Okoye.

Plus, the marketing also leaned on it being a superhero movie with a mostly Black cast.

She's an Oscar Winner, but her character wasn't especially interesting to me. I think she should have gotten the role of an actual superhero.

Besides, I don't think the MCU is built on star power. Characters like T'Challa became popular because of what the actors did in the movies, not before
    I believe the original poster and I are referring to her star power to draw an audience. But like Anthony Mackie said a year or so ago, that's no longer becoming a consideration for general audiences.

Ultimate Member

I believe the original poster and I are referring to her star power to draw an audience. But like Anthony Mackie said a year or so ago, that's no longer becoming a consideration for general audiences.
    I see what you mean. Maybe I didn't notice that during the marketing. Most of what I saw was focused on T'Challa himself, and Killmonger

I see what you mean. Maybe I didn't notice that during the marketing. Most of what I saw was focused on T'Challa himself, and Killmonger
    And with both of those actors gone, Lupita is the next biggest name(I still say Angela though)

Ultimate Member

And with both of those actors gone, Lupita is the next biggest name(I still say Angela though)
    I still don't think that'll be the main focus though. Of the characters from BP1, Shuri and Okoye actually interest me. Nakia was just there.

I'm curious to see how much the plot has changed with T'Challa gone, and how they'll right him out

Bast in the MCU....did she "approve" Killmonger becoming the "Black Panther"?