Page 646 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 146546596636642643644645646647648649650656696746 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,690 of 15079
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    A problem I've noticed with Miles is that his some of his stories tend to crib Peter's. When he was first introduced, he was fighting some of Peter's old villains and got some of his supporting cast, I don't know if it's as much now as it was then, but I do know that he just went through his own version of the clone saga. The kid needs some umph, something that really, definitively sets him apart.
    Yeah, he is great in movies and games but his comics are bad copies of Peter stories or just lackluster.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They have to be careful and not retread Peter's stories with Mile's too closely. They just did the Miles version of the Clone Saga. It wasn't bad but like you said it wasn't a "wow!" story. They need to nail down a definitive Miles villain like Norman is to Pete. And his rogues should be memorable as well. I think Selim is a keeper.
    I doubt it.He's like Kaine.
    And clones are overdone specially for Spider-man.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-30-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Even the Miles hate has calmed down considerably. That segment of Parker Fans seemingly gave up.

Dude really just needs an MCU movie and solidify it.

As a Miles fan, I also feel like, in the comic world, he needs an epic story. He has some good ones but nothing thta I would go, "GO READ XYZ!" sort of thing.
    I mean hate's been down for a while now.His comic book version is bad though, compared to Peter' first 10 years which were Amazing.
    I do enjoy the ITSV version but I wonder how they will keep that going past the 3rd film.
    Yeah, I just hope Peter get's another trilogy growing up before we get any more Spiders.
    And MCU peter is a lot like Miles(which sucks) so I wonder how they will do Ganke for him.even May is like Rio imo.

I think in general Miles and peter are similar to T'challa and Shuri and Mcqueen and Cruz.
    The 2nd Gen is good but nowhere near the first 1 so I'd rather keep them.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-30-2021 at 09:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Speaking of Miles, I think he’s long overdue for a team up with T’Challa. No IGEW doesn’t count.
    Yeah, that seems like a good idea.

Who knows

the 9 year old is currently reading a book that is about the Champions (it isn't called that but that is who it is... Miles, Squirrel Girl, Kamala, Sam, Cho. some half chapter book half graphic novel thing)

Miles has a lot more exposure these days. If you told started a debate saying Miles is the most popular black character at Marvel, I don't know if I would disagree a ton.
    Whole it's True I think the difference is T'Challa is on higher profile books. His solo is coming back, his . movie was the highest grossing solo super hero movie of all time and the first Marvel movie to his 700 mill domestic. He is the leader of the Avengers team and had a major presence there... It's weird. I would still say T'Challa is more popular due to where he is being exposed BUT you could make a solid argument that Miles is just as popular

Oh, nvm, Parker fans who are scared of Miles still do exist LOL. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Whole it's True I think the difference is T'Challa is on higher profile books. His solo is coming back, his . movie was the highest grossing solo super hero movie of all time and the first Marvel movie to his 700 mill domestic. He is the leader of the Avengers team and had a major presence there... It's weird. I would still say T'Challa is more popular due to where he is being exposed BUT you could make a solid argument that Miles is just as popular
    They are kinda excelling at different things right now. And Miles has that Parker shadow hanging over... but with T'challa being written out of the MCU, we are about to have a similar shadow with Shuri most likely.

Miles needs an MCU movie to make it definitive. Which i think Sony is almost afraid to do right now. For whatever reason .
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

They are kinda excelling at different things right now. And Miles has that Parker shadow hanging over... but with T'challa being written out of the MCU, we are about to have a similar shadow with Shuri most likely.

Miles needs an MCU movie to make it definitive. Which i think Sony is almost afraid to do right now. For whatever reason .
    Yeah that's why I'm saying it's weird. I feel T'Challa can be overtaken depending on what they do on the MCU and how that effects the comic side. It's why I want the sequel to be successful by Marvel standards but a far cry from a BP sequel standard of T'Challa is killed off. Seriously I want this. Movie to be a failure by BP standards of they are truly foolish enough to think people want a glorified funeral and think that's honoring Chad's hard work battling cancer because he knew how important it was for T'Challa to show up correct on the big screen.

I also want this war for Wakanda expansion to be massively successful, enough to drive Disney to see that a BP Solo game is in order. And they. I hope that the animation side picks up a BP solo. Not Avengers with a BP focus, an actual BP animated series focusing on T'Challa.

The next few years are going to be interesting but currently T'Challa and Miles are close 1st and 2nd in popularity

Yeah that's why I'm saying it's weird. I feel T'Challa can be overtaken depending on what they do on the MCU and how that effects the comic side. It's why I want the sequel to be successful by Marvel standards but a far cry from a BP sequel standard of T'Challa is killed off. Seriously I want this. Movie to be a failure by BP standards of they are truly foolish enough to think people want a glorified funeral and think that's honoring Chad's hard work battling cancer because he knew how important it was for T'Challa to show up correct on the big screen.

I also want this war for Wakanda expansion to be massively successful, enough to drive Disney to see that a BP Solo game is in order. And they. I hope that the animation side picks up a BP solo. Not Avengers with a BP focus, an actual BP animated series focusing on T'Challa.

The next few years are going to be interesting but currently T'Challa and Miles are close 1st and 2nd in popularity
    Meanwhile Luke Cage has been low-keyed. Only now they're promo-ing a mini for him which doesn't look interesting at all. Kinda like his last two solos. They wanna get him away from Jessica and baby girl I see but the stories haven't been interesting at all. They need to do a Miles Falcap team-up too.

Ridley's gotta bring some fire and have some marquee' guest stars. New villains too. No more NuKilmonger, Orista's, Klaw or Adversaries. Let's get some super-genius tech villains in here along with some corporate CEO bigwigs.

Extraordinary Member

Bruh, I'm scared for Parker being treated wrong.They already made him way too much of a kid and for way too long.If they don't let him grow up and introduce a new Spider who is very similar to MCU peter(MCU peter ripped a lot of Miles) then it'll be a mess.

I provide reasoning as well, no need to be passive aggressive.
    Same way BP fans get mad when he is sidelined when he shouldn't be, it's the same for Spider-man fans.

Is it Sony's decision, does Marvel not have a say in it?

Meanwhile Luke Cage has been low-keyed. Only now they're promo-ing a mini for him which doesn't look interesting at all. Kinda like his last two solos. They wanna get him away from Jessica and baby girl I see but the stories haven't been interesting at all. They need to do a Miles Falcap team-up too.

Ridley's gotta bring some fire and have some marquee' guest stars. New villains too. No more NuKilmonger, Orista's, Klaw or Adversaries. Let's get some super-genius tech villains in here along with some corporate CEO bigwigs.
    Hmmmm, sounds like you trying to make a case for a Moses Magnum.

Extraordinary Member

I get this.
    You shouldn't treat the og with the bigger and more loyal fanbase like this.
    I don't want BP 2 to be a bust but they need to know people don't want a glorified funeral.

If not for the live action movie because of cruel nature of fate, give him his own game or animated series as you suggest.

Both Miles and T'challa are the most popular POC's rn(BP is no. 1 imo and got there himself as well, Miles piggybacked a popular brand[no offense but it's the truth]). Ones a 2nd gen with average to bad comic stories and good adaptations.Other has multiple good comics stories that should be adapted in multiple media.

Extraordinary Member

Also incase I went too far or was too harsh on Miles or way too cynical about Peter I apologize.

Just was something about Beyond and I was pissed off at marvel, specially how and when they are doing this.

I hope everyone can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hmmmm, sounds like you trying to make a case for a Moses Magnum.
    Moses Magnum would be great along with a return of Kiber and an updated 6 Million Year Old Man.

He could be T'Challa's Kang or Vandal Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Bruh, I'm scared for Parker being treated wrong.They already made him way too much of a kid and for way too long.If they don't let him grow up and introduce a new Spider who is very similar to MCU peter(MCU peter ripped a lot of Miles) then it'll be a mess.

I provide reasoning as well, no need to be passive aggressive.
    Same way BP fans get mad when he is sidelined when he shouldn't be, it's the same for Spider-man fans.

Is it Sony's decision, does Marvel not have a say in it?
    Yeah but the difference is that while all of these other spider-characters are getting attention, Peter still has 3 ongoing solos and a couple of minis. His not getting side-lined at all. BP couldn't get attention in his own solo under Coates.

He isn't at the level of Spidey so he can't afford to take hits like not being in the second movie or being a guest star in his own solo. Other than the rare Avengers run and a shot here and there in other titles, BP doesn't get any kinda play.

His videogame resume' is slightly improving from what I hear.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah but the difference is that while all of these other spider-characters are getting attention, Peter still has 3 ongoing solos and a couple of minis. His not getting side-lined at all. BP couldn't get attention in his own solo under Coates.

He isn't at the level of Spidey so he can't afford to take hits like not being in the second movie or being a guest star in his own solo. Other than the rare Avengers run and a shot here and there in other titles, BP doesn't get any kinda play.

His videogame resume' is slightly improving from what I hear.
    What ongoing solo's?
    He has one ASM, which is going to be taken over by Ben reilly and he's being written off in his own book.
    He has 1 mini and 1 what-if.(Symbiote Spider-man and Spider-shadow)
    Non-stop has had an awful schedule and has been not solicited for 2 months and is probably cancelled.

So by October his what-if is done, his ongoing is taken over by another character and his secondary title is on hiatus or cancelled.Only has one mini that too will be half-way done.

And do you count the kid's books?I think he has one but I don't count them.

I agree usually but Spidey is taking a massive hit as shown above, BP is a guest in his own solo while spider-man is being written off.
    Heck even rn his book is more than 50% other characters and barely any Spidey(still a good run though).
    His 2nd game got put aside for Miles spin-off(which is ok but still means we have to wait more) and there's a chance the it will be Spider-men and again sidelining and low-balling him like they did in MM.
    And Spider-man isn't even a part of a team, BP is leading the main Avengers squad and has a good presence in the book.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-30-2021 at 12:15 PM.