Page 388 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388389390391392398438488888 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Makes sense. I was under the impression that if Ridley is going in a different direction from Coates they could just use a timeskip or soft retcon to explain anything he didn’t like. But forcing Coates to do a few rewrites might explain a delay. It’s just weird they’ve done it several times now lol. How hard can it be to take **** out your story and pad it for the final issue lol.
    I woudl imagine it would be more on waiting for Acuna. He isn't always the fastest artist
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Makes sense. I was under the impression that if Ridley is going in a different direction from Coates they could just use a timeskip or soft retcon to explain anything he didn’t like. But forcing Coates to do a few rewrites might explain a delay. It’s just weird they’ve done it several times now lol. How hard can it be to take **** out your story and pad it for the final issue lol.
    I hope that's not the case because that means some parts of what Coats has done will tie into what's going on in the future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I hope that's not the case because that means some parts of what Coats has done will tie into what's going on in the future.
    Coates’ hypothetical rewrites probably have less to do with giving his run a legacy and more to do with making sure he doesn’t radically change the mythos, hamstringing future writers. As it stands Coates’ run already is looking to have little influence going forward which we’ve talked about before.

Democracy hasn’t been a relevant concept since 2017, Okoye has completely replaced the Midnight Angels, Storm is no longer his love interest, T’Challa isn’t being depicted like a wimp in most titles, etc. None of Coates’ “contributions” are sticking and this final issue could be getting rewrites to make sure it stays that way lol. We already lost the Djalia, what if Coates was planning to kill off the gods or turn the Originators into some fixture of the mythos?

Ridley may not want to deal with all that or editorial thinks it’s too radical a change. I’d be fine with Coates putting all of the toys back in the box so a new writer could take the reins without any major changes to the mythos. Doesn’t mean that the themes or lore Coates introduced will survive past his run.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    It’s good to know that Freeman seems to be in good spirits unlike the rest of the cast. Lupita and Angela judging from recent interviews are obviously still grieving and Coogler just sounds drained from interviews he did not too long ago.
    Pretty much. Dunno of Disney realizes this can go very wrong very easily

Coates’ hypothetical rewrites probably have less to do with giving his run a legacy and more to do with making sure he doesn’t radically change the mythos, hamstringing future writers. As it stands Coates’ run already is looking to have little influence going forward which we’ve talked about before.

Democracy hasn’t been a relevant concept since 2017, Okoye has completely replaced the Midnight Angels, Storm is no longer his love interest, T’Challa isn’t being depicted like a wimp in most titles, etc. None of Coates’ “contributions” are sticking and this final issue could be getting rewrites to make sure it stays that way lol. We already lost the Djalia, what if Coates was planning to kill off the gods or turn the Originators into some fixture of the mythos?

Ridley may not want to deal with all that or editorial thinks it’s too radical a change. I’d be fine with Coates putting all of the toys back in the box so a new writer could take the reins without any major changes to the mythos. Doesn’t mean that the themes or lore Coates introduced will survive past his run.
    Originators come to save the day

Orisha fight back

Some of the Originators ascend to godhood and kill Orisha

Originators are the new Orisha

lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I know people are divided on Coogler's choice (unless it was from Feige)

However, I really do feel bad for him. He's probably too close to Chad to replace him and in doing so made his script that more difficult. It was already taking a long time to complete, it already had high expectations, it was already going to have people's knives out ready to criticize. Lets be honest there are people still upset the 1st one was so celebrated critically and financially.

I truly dont envy him and wouldnt have blamed him from just walking away from the project. He didnt have to, but I do wish Chad gave Coogler some kind of peace on what to do. Sure somebody would still be mad. However, every time I see Coogler he just looks stressed. And that was while promoting an oscar-nominated film.

His ran is completely garbage. From the jump there was very little that could be done to "Fix" his run. Outsider of a plot twist that mother is a villain and a liar and none of the stuff Coates has had happen is true, the only thing writers can do is ignore it... Until a future writer comes in and decides to channel them some Coates era bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

However, I really do feel bad for him. He's probably too close to Chad to replace him and in doing so made his script that more difficult. It was already taking a long time to complete, it already had high expectations, it was already going to have people's knives out ready to criticize. Lets be honest there are people still upset the 1st one was so celebrated critically and financially.

I truly dont envy him and wouldnt have blamed him from just walking away from the project. He didnt have to, but I do wish Chad gave Coogler some kind of peace on what to do. Sure somebody would still be mad. However, every time I see Coogler he just looks stressed. And that was while promoting an oscar-nominated film.
    Chad did. He told everyone, all the time, in every interview. He was always about the person following him. Straight up everything he said on interviews supports this. BP is the biggest IP, and the biggest black lead in a franchise. You think he wants the role to die with him? I mean he did say all this constantly. Yet that gets ignored and instead "No one can be T'Challa, that was Chads role and only his"

The best thing would be to step away, or better yet, give the team time to actually heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Pretty much. Dunno of Disney realizes this can go very wrong very easily
    The thing is when was the last Marvel L? Now it could very well be Age of Ultron level of disappointment, but there's been no disasters. And while there will be those that tear it apart I dont think Marvel would panic cause of the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Chad did. He told everyone, all the time, in every interview. He was always about the person following him. Straight up everything he said on interviews supports this. BP is the biggest IP, and the biggest black lead in a franchise. You think he wants the role to die with him? I mean he did say all this constantly. Yet that gets ignored and instead "No one can be T'Challa, that was Chads role and only his"
    Doesnt matter if its not in writing or he told Coogler that personally. Someone dies out of nowhere and you've been given no will, no direct orders you are going to instead act on emotion. The talks in interviews dont apply as much. Its just a different thing.

Which is why they should have pushed the movie back. Marvel has plenty of **** in development.

They needed to let the situation breath.

Either so the general public could come around to recasting, or so the current cast and director had time to grieve and relax a bit.

Rushing out and screaming "WE ARENT RECASTING!!! NO MATTER WHAT" and then not pushig the movie back was... very financially motivated i'd guess. Disney needs the money post covid

The thing is when was the last Marvel L? Now it could very well be Age of Ultron level of disappointment, but there's been no disasters. And while there will be those that tear it apart I dont think Marvel would panic cause of the circumstances.
    They haven't had a single L at all.

I just hope once this movie is done Coogler can take a break, or at the very least focus on producing those Disney + shows. I’m really scared that he might end up breaking when they start shooting this summer.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

It truly boggles my mind that the awesome idea of Wakanda having a galactic empire was butchered. The only way I can see the empire sticking is if a future writer decides that T’Challa has the empire chilling out in the cosmos but will call them up if a major Thanos level threat shows up. Basically it can be called upon as a last resort.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

When have they been on a situation like this? Going "Well they haven't failed yet" doesn't work here. Now of this had happened before sure, there's reason to have faith, but given the circumstances, what we know from what has been said, how fast Disney is pushing for filming despite the fact when Chad passed Coogler had just finished the script, after it took forever to do, now he has to start over. If Marvel is just n100% confident it will be fine then they are truly shortsighted

Doesnt matter if its not in writing or he told Coogler that personally. Someone dies out of nowhere and you've been given no will, no direct orders you are going to instead act on emotion. The talks in interviews dont apply as much. Its just a different thing.
    Actors don't have to say "Of I die don't let this fictional Character who was created before I was even born die with me" kinda a given. Especially with super heroes who always have relaunches and are published regularly