Page 514 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 14414464504510511512513514515516517518524564614 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Continuing my read-through, I just read World of Wakanda 1-6. I'll talk about the backup story and issue 6 first. I liked both, although both are weaker than I remembered. I remember liking issue 6 a lot and I think I would like it, but the fact that it didn't go anywhere after is a disappointment.

Regarding the main story, I'm tempted to make a "Still a Better Love Story than Twilight" meme, but I've honestly never read Twilight and I can't guarantee it's better. That being said, as more of a political story of how they lost faith in the King, I think it works a little bit better. I'd actually say the whole thing is paced pretty well. But the dialogue is genuinely terrible. That being said, when you read everything all at once, it sort of washes over you and doesn't feel as terrible.

Next up is Black Panther & The Crew. I'll get to it probably by Wednesday. I wanted to get both prequel books done before continuing with the main narrative.
    Did you read WoW after a certain point in the Coates BP series or did you read it before BP?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Happy Fathers Day

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Did you read WoW after a certain point in the Coates BP series or did you read it before BP?
    I read it after the conclusion of A Nation Under Our Feet. When I planned out my reading order, I didn't think there were really any breaks in that story that would justify a pause. If I was doing it over again, I'd consider putting it after issue #8 but the final issue of the arc was released essentially at the same time as #12. I view it as a prequel not a prelude so it's designed to have been read with the other story in context. I think there's an argument it's a richer experience getting the full context of their rebellion before they decide to change sides and support T'Challa - especially since they haven't done much since so it feels like a dead end to end with World of Wakanda #5.

World of Wakanda #6 is set after Black Panther #12 and should be read then as well.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Co That being said, when you read everything all at once, it sort of washes over you and doesn't feel as terrible.
    I've had this experience with bad comics before when i've read them as complete stories/trades vs month to month.

It is like they are so "meh" you kinda just read it and spend no mental energy on it at all. Then you get to the end and go, "ok..." and move on lol. They are so bad start to finish that you never get excited so you can't get disappointed with how it ends. So, there is no emotion, it is just "over."
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I've had this experience with bad comics before when i've read them as complete stories/trades vs month to month.

It is like they are so "meh" you kinda just read it and spend no mental energy on it at all. Then you get to the end and go, "ok..." and move on lol. They are so bad start to finish that you never get excited so you can't get disappointed with how it ends. So, there is no emotion, it is just "over."
    Yeah it tends to be the case, essentially you just power through it. It doesn't seem as bad Because you know the end is in sight so you have something ot Look forward to, Which allows you to just "accept" the story for the shittiness that it is. Whereas month to month it's just a constant reminder of what type of BS frakkery are we going to get now? I have no doubt Coates run probably reads better completed. But it's still a. Eye roll to read. Even rereading an issue is eye roll inducing

Ultimate Member

I think because he comes from a non-comic book background, his work is probably more enjoyable read at once

The way Coates writes dialogue is unbearable. Reading his BP run is like swimming through pudding. Every single character sounds the same and speaks in poems. I probably would have been less bothered by his depiction of t'challa if it was at least enjoyable to read

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    This is an amazing channel. They just earned themselves a subscriber with this video alone.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    The way Coates writes dialogue is unbearable. Reading his BP run is like swimming through pudding. Every single character sounds the same and speaks in poems. I probably would have been less bothered by his depiction of t'challa if it was at least enjoyable to read
    I think he could've used more direct dialogue. Some flowery stuff is nice, but after a point it feels less realistic

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    This is an amazing channel. They just earned themselves a subscriber with this video alone.
    I enjoyed it more in this format than when I read it.

Honestly wish someone would do this with some BP comics from the past

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think he could've used more direct dialogue. Some flowery stuff is nice, but after a point it feels less realistic
    Ironic considering that Coates whole angle was on being "realistic" when it came to monarchs, men in power and Africa and black folks apparently

Yo is anybody paying attention to heroes reborn/ heroes return? According to the return preview T'Challa hot. New upgrade to vibranium. Superspeed. Which makes sense given the Kinect power introduced to it. Seems he is taking on Marvel's flash. JA giving our boy all the cool stuff lol

https://screenrant.com/black-panther...rn-powers/amp/
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 06-21-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Ultimate Member

I haven't caught up with Heroes Reborn. What is BP's position there?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I haven't caught up with Heroes Reborn. What is BP's position there?
    the Real Avengers just came back in the splash page of the last issue, so who knows.

Also, Wakanda is a myth/hidden or something. Can't remember lol.

Alternate reality shennanigans where the "not Justice League" runs **** basically .
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html