Page 632 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 132532582622628629630631632633634635636642682732 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So I'm clear, T'challa isn't allowed to sleep with anyone except Storm? Its either Storm or Rosy Palm, the end?
    Yup, unless Ridley surprises us with a new LI. T'Challa and NuNakia's relationship could barely be called that. Whenever they looked like they were about to have a moment T'Challa pulls back because he’s still hung up on Storm. I don't think they even kissed on panel, their "relationship" went completely unseen.

Then there's the moment between Storm and NuNakia where Storm tells her she's just keeping his bed warm until she feels like coming back.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 07-26-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    It depends on how Ridley's take on T'Challa is written
    It could be an act on T'Challa's part to sell whatever image he's feeding Storm and the X-Men so that they won't figure out why he's really there.

I'm still trying to figure out how does someone killing Wakandan spies connect to Sol. Unless the villain is a mutant or something.
    He could have had a spy embedded within the mutant community long before they began Krakoa or terraformed Mars. Maybe that agent is working with SWORD(*cough!*Eden*cough!*).

And now would be the time to put the IGEW to good use. What's ruling/running a planet when you have an intergalactic empire at your disposal?

Yup, unless Ridley surprises us with a new LI. T'Challa and NuNakia's relationship could barely be called that. Whenever they looked like they were about to have a moment T'Challa pulls back because he’s still hung up on Storm. Then there's the moment between Storm and NuNakia where Storm tells her she's just keeping his bed warm until she feels like coming back.
    Hasn't she had multiple LIs since the marriage though? Doesn't seem fair but...nevermind I guess. Fingers crossed Ridley breaks this cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I was thinking something along these lines about how non-BP fans and some of the recent new-comers have expectations on BP that aren't consistent with who he's actually supposed to be. That's why I always argue that BP is not a super-hero in the truest sense. He can do heroic things, he can be a role model, he can be heroic but ultimate he's a king and king's make decisions that aren't always in the best interests of everybody.

Then I started thinking, "when was the last time BP killed someone"? I don't mean some demon or symbiote or otherworldly creature. I mean an actually person. BP has killed before, we know this. BP's in the past have killed before. But now there has been some effort to homogenize him for the masses. I can understand that with the MCU BP and why they would avoid having him kill and maybe make him a tad more heroic than the comics version. But there is precedent for BP to kill his enemies or at least try. We haven't seen that in quite some time. He rarely evens threatens a kill these days unless like I said, it's some non human entity. Is that a conscious decision on Marvel's part and how do we feel about that?

I think his last "kill" was the Cotati Swordsman(not human). I don't recall him killing anything directly in KiB:Black Panther(somebody refresh my memory). There's been an ongoing effort by Marvel to strip away some of the characteristics away from the comics BP for quite awhile. This is what has really been bugging long-time BP fans, seeing a watered down version of a character they like while other characters get upgrades. I think and hope with the sleeper agents angle that Ridley is taking is that we get back to seeing the chess master Panther doesn't hesitate to do things is way and by any means necessary.
    MCU BP straight up stabbed killmonger in the gut. And those people in the cars he destroyed in Korea ain't alive anymore haha. And he was 100% going to kill Klaw. He tried to kill Bucky initially. So I don't know if I agree with the fact they have "softened" T'challa in the MCU. The problem with MCU t'challa is that he wasn't around long enough to rack up the bodycount of some of the other heroes. In CW, he fought other heroes, so he can't kill them. In his own movie, half the "goons" he fought were Wakandans, so he can't kill them and come off looking great. Then in IW it was mindless aliens he slaughtered.

Steve, who has a rather high bodycount in the MCU, still didn't kill anyone important either. Same could be said of the other heroes too (hell, Stark nevr finished off any of his own villains by himself lol). So I think BP fights in just as much as the others.

Coates was 100% against killing off people (he mentioned in earlier interviews that he didn't like that trope) and BP still killed Goons here and there and killed Tetu and Killmonger in the last issue.

Before that you have to go back to Hickman having T'challa try to kill Namor where T'challa thought he succeeded.

Then you have to go back a long time. T'challa's never been a very active killer... he's more bluster than lethal in the comics it seems.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    MCU BP straight up stabbed killmonger in the gut. And those people in the cars he destroyed in Korea ain't alive anymore haha. And he was 100% going to kill Klaw. He tried to kill Bucky initially. So I don't know if I agree with the fact they have "softened" T'challa in the MCU. The problem with MCU t'challa is that he wasn't around long enough to rack up the bodycount of some of the other heroes. In CW, he fought other heroes, so he can't kill them. In his own movie, half the "goons" he fought were Wakandans, so he can't kill them and come off looking great. Then in IW it was mindless aliens he slaughtered.

Steve, who has a rather high bodycount in the MCU, still didn't kill anyone important either. Same could be said of the other heroes too (hell, Stark nevr finished off any of his own villains by himself lol). So I think BP fights in just as much as the others.

Coates was 100% against killing off people (he mentioned in earlier interviews that he didn't like that trope) and BP still killed Goons here and there and killed Tetu and Killmonger in the last issue.

Before that you have to go back to Hickman having T'challa try to kill Namor where T'challa thought he succeeded.

Then you have to go back a long time. T'challa's never been a very active killer... he's more bluster than lethal in the comics it seems.
    I remember how he tried to reassure Shuri that she didn't run somebody over .

That may be the issue, he hasn't been around long enough to get that killer rep.

The comics have the same problem with the MCU. They won't let him kill Namor or Doom or anyone else meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember how he tried to reassure Shuri that she didn't run somebody over .
    MCU shuri was such a neophyte and child in that movie that if she is really BP, it is gonna take a complete 180 on the character.

T'challa out here force crushing cars and Shuri gets squeamish running over some dude remotely lol

That may be the issue, he hasn't been around long enough to get that killer rep.
    Yeah, he just hasn't had enough human goons to mindlessly kill basically lol.

A lot of those Nigerians probably aren't alive anymore either TBF lol.

But, unlike a ton of MCU heroes... he does have a kill on the main villain of the movie with no qualifying statements or help at all. A 1v1 clear win is rather rare in the MCU, and 1v1 kill is extremely rare. The only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Ant-Man killing YJ.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I seem to recall T'challa and Okoye killing some grunts in one of Coate's Captain America issues. Steve had some internal dialogue feeling bad about it, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I seem to recall T'challa and Okoye killing some grunts in one of Coate's Captain America issues. Steve had some internal dialogue feeling bad about it, I think.
    Yes, nuke grunts

Kind of a gray area because they were going to burn out and die soon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Speaking of Coates Captain America, the last issue was kinda weird.

Back to BP, Ridley should make redshirts for T'Challa to get his edge back. After the last few years, he's a been marshmallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Hasn't she had multiple LIs since the marriage though? Doesn't seem fair but...nevermind I guess. Fingers crossed Ridley breaks this cycle.
    Someone with more X-Men knowledge might know but I think Jason Aaron was the one that wasted no time pairing her with Logan shortly after the divorce until he died. She had a kiss with Gambit and Krakoa is confirmed to be an orgy island for them so she's definitely hasn't been celibate while waiting on T'Challa to call.

Since their divorce T'Challa has been consistently written to be still hung up on her while the same can't be said about Storm. Whenever he shows up or is mentioned in a X book it's either to throw shade his way or to uplift Storm.

He needs a new LI without the baggage or pull from the X-office cuz I'll take anyone at this point to stop this nonsense. Shang-Chi's sister from Hudlin's run would do at this point.

But, unlike a ton of MCU heroes... he does have a kill on the main villain of the movie with no qualifying statements or help at all. A 1v1 clear win is rather rare in the MCU, and 1v1 kill is extremely rare. The only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Ant-Man killing YJ.
    And even that didn't stick because Yellowjacket is coming back in the next AM&TW movie (unless it's just a variant Kang is using).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And even that didn't stick because Yellowjacket is coming back in the next AM&TW movie (unless it's just a variant Kang is using).
    By the time they get done with Phased 4, I wouldn't be shocked at a hard reset of the MCU. Or maybe the X-Men take over once Phase 4 is done.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 07-26-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Speaking of Coates Captain America, the last issue was kinda weird.

Back to BP, Ridley should make redshirts for T'Challa to get his edge back. After the last few years, he's a been marshmallow.
    Bring back Goon Slam Gary for the rematch of the century

Bring back Goon Slam Gary for the rematch of the century
    GSG say's he's retired. He doesn't want to become the Conor McGregor of Wakanda.