Page 943 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 443843893933939940941942943944945946947953993 ... LastLast
Results 14,131 to 14,145 of 15079
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I don't care for any mutants or mutates outside of vibraxas and Jakarra and even then It's only minor care lol.

This is why is at each group needs a specific role. Right now the WK army and the Hz are basically treated as foot soldiers and the DM are the elite. The WK army should be a powerful force..

However compared to the HZ and the DM they are fodder. The DM are the deadly by themselves or in pairs. And on a 1 to 1 comparison all moonwalk all over the WK army or HZ. The HZ are the ultimate fire fighting team, and a team of 4-5 HZ will moon walk all over a team of WK army or DM.

So the WK army is just that, the DM work best solo or in pairs and the HZ work best on a group of 4-5. Keep them in tiers with specific power scaling and it makes it easy to keep up.
    Non named characters are always fodder. So WA<DM. And if this book were to ever bring back known meta characters like Vibraxas, Ivory and Gentle they would be tougher than than both groups. And since movie Okoye isn't in the comics the DMs matter even less now, if you ask me.

There's nothing wrong with this especially since every meta ever connected with Wakanda is pretty much a 3rd rater at best, lol.
    It's not like Vibraxas is gonna steal the spotlight from... anyone ever.

This isn't like Aquaman where he is vastly out powered by his Wife and his sidekicks because they are Water Benders and he isn't.

It just says that he has metas that he can call on in an emergency that AREN'T the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    The only reason I care is because wakanda does need more Defenders but none should come close to surpassing the capabilities of t'challa. If there ever was a World War wakanda event with characters invading then there are not enough non red shirts to make the story interesting.
    If its Thor or Ironman or insert hero/villain vs the hatut or the Dora then the redshirts are gonna be fodder.

In an X-Men vs Wakanda situation its pretty much TChalla vs the Xmen. Need a few names and wakandan power sets to make that more interesting imo.
    Shuri, Okoye, Kasper, zavawari, vibraxas, nuM'Baku, the MA if absolutely needed. The cast is there already, just writer's aren't taking what came before them and continuing it. The DM have Okoye as the face, Akili can be the face of the HZ, grab a character to be the face of the WK. They just need someone to speak for the order and a gave when you think of it hek and that would be. Good enough
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 12-07-2021 at 12:23 PM.

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-xm...arvels-future/

Do we think that it's inevitable that Wakanda and Krakoa will ultimately go to war? And if there is a war, does T'Challa just assume command of all of Wakanda's militry forces including IGEW?

Black Panther #1 debuted #23 in units and #19 in dollars

Hope the drop off isn’t too steep come issue 2.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-07-2021 at 04:01 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Black Panther #1 debuted #23 in units and #19 in dollars

Hope the drop off it’s too steep come issue 2.
    With no hype, no big name writer and being delayed? Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Went back to a second printing as well which is encouraging.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Shuri, Okoye, Kasper, zavawari, vibraxas, nuM'Baku, the MA if absolutely needed. The cast is there already, just writer's aren't taking what came before them and continuing it. The DM have Okoye as the face, Akili can be the face of the HZ, grab a character to be the face of the WK. They just need someone to speak for the order and a gave when you think of it hek and that would be. Good enough
    Okoye and Akili are really just skilled red shirts though. Soldiers with no powers. Without some type of upgrade it's not really believable that they could even beat someone like Pyro.
    And Shuri is tech teen disney princess so I dont even know what a Shuri fight looks like

Okoye and Akili are really just skilled red shirts though. Soldiers with no powers. Without some type of upgrade it's not really believable that they could even beat someone like Pyro.
    And Shuri is tech teen disney princess so I dont even know what a Shuri fight looks like
    Honestly? That's the appeal to me of Wakanda. Take SWaD, TRO, Empyre, KiB, etc. Or any dark timeline where earth is conquered save for Wakanda. Wakanda whoops the isht out of these iinvaders because it's a warrior nation, they are sporting the most advanced tech on the planet, why would they need powered beings to fight for the. When the Black Panther had been all they have needed to rid Wakanda of invaders? Wakanda simultaneously destroyed Atlantis AND brat back the Black order at the same time.

So for real Ekie, is it REALLY hard to believe they couldn't do that?

Astonishing Member

Honestly? That's the appeal to me of Wakanda. Take SWaD, TRO, Empyre, KiB, etc. Or any dark timeline where earth is conquered save for Wakanda. Wakanda whoops the isht out of these iinvaders because it's a warrior nation, they are sporting the most advanced tech on the planet, why would they need powered beings to fight for the. When the Black Panther had been all they have needed to rid Wakanda of invaders? Wakanda simultaneously destroyed Atlantis AND brat back the Black order at the same time.

I don’t know why people care if Akili can beat Pyro. It’s comics, if a writer wants to show that happening and provides the bare minimum explanation they can make it work. Besides, Wakanda pretty much never fights other superpowered-nations, they tend to fight hordes of monsters or technologically enhanced armies. We’re more likely to see Wakanda fight the Badoon or the United States than Krakoa or Attilan, that’s how it should be.

Wakanda doesn’t need no damn mutants to bolster its forces lol, all that does is make T’Challa less special and undermine the human themes that make Wakanda so great. Vibraxas and Muti are more than enough, maybe create a “heavy” infantry division of cybernetically enhanced beserkers for some extra manpower. Anything more than that is unnecessary, T’Challa’s strategic mind and battle tactics is more than enough to lead Wakanda to victory no matter the circumstances.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

In that regard, when 2099 comes along and most of Earth is a cyberpunk hellscape dominated by megacorporations, I look forward to Wakanda being the one true, free nation left in the world.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Well, I guess by mainstream comic standards, although Ridley has a pedigree outside comics and has dipped into some well-regarded books recently.

It's a good sign that people seem to be more interested in BP than having a big name writer/artist. Plus, no movie to drive interest.

Like you said earlier, hopefully there will be no steep drop with #2.

Maybe but take away Pryo's powers and what happens tho? Plus Wakandan soldiers will have the tech to deal with a lot of suits.

Azzari took down Namor without a single punch so I'm sure some of that tech will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I guess by mainstream comic standards, although Ridley has a pedigree outside comics and has dipped into some well-regarded books recently.
    Well, they sure didn't give Ridley the hype they gave Coates.

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-xm...arvels-future/

Do we think that it's inevitable that Wakanda and Krakoa will ultimately go to war? And if there is a war, does T'Challa just assume command of all of Wakanda's militry forces including IGEW?
    If there's a sales bump in it, sure.

Going out of print has less meaning than it used to, since so many comics are printed to orders.