Page 273 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373773 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Is Goldballs even supposed to be powerful?

Black Panther needs a “run the gauntlet” type story arc where he has to fight through his entire Rogues Gallery, something in the vein of Hush where the writer can introduce the more obscure parts of T’Challa’s mythos without retelling his origin again. It would take someone willing to sift through all of his Rogues and revamp the ones who aren’t “cool” though so that they can become bigger threats.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    At the time, no. He was Bendis joke X-men character he made.

Now, unless something has changed since I stopped reading Hickman's Xmen... he is one of the "5" responsible for ressurection of dead mutants. Still not powerful offensively but irreplaceable to Krakoa
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Black Panther needs a “run the gauntlet” type story arc where he has to fight through his entire Rogues Gallery, something in the vein of Hush where the writer can introduce the more obscure parts of T’Challa’s mythos without retelling his origin again. It would take someone willing to sift through all of his Rogues and revamp the ones who aren’t “cool” though so that they can become bigger threats.
    Idk if he has that much of a big rogues gallery.

Tbh, I've never been sold on the idea of heroes needing their own rogues. Especially in the interconnected Marvel Universe

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    At the time, no. He was Bendis joke X-men character he made.

Now, unless something has changed since I stopped reading Hickman's Xmen... he is one of the "5" responsible for ressurection of dead mutants. Still not powerful offensively but irreplaceable to Krakoa
    Mutants like Goldballs make me think "Why?". Maybe I'm not familiar enough with him, but, why?

That would be redjack

He has the rogues Klaw, Mbaku, Killmonger, Madam Slay, and Achebe

Thats enough right there and a completely diverse group.

Rouge are important (ask Spiderman and baman) they help build up the hero. The problem is getting a writer tgat actually cares aboutusing continuity to build foward progress in a minority book.

Instead marcel would rather do the bare minimum by simply letting it exist to feel altruistic. Kinda like what they are doing now in the MCU by trying to protome red shirt characters over the one that actually has megastardom growth potential. (Had to slip that in)
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-16-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Tbh, I've never been sold on the idea of heroes needing their own rogues. Especially in the interconnected Marvel Universe

Mutants like Goldballs make me think "Why?". Maybe I'm not familiar enough with him, but, why?
    He has Baron macabre, 6 million year man, the supremacists, solomon prey, King cadaver, on top of the usual klaw, kilmonger, M'Baku, and Achebe he now also has Tetu and Zenzi who just need good writer's to make them credibile. Rogue's help the heroes and give us those great stories and further Character development needed especially when it's personal. Having T'Challa show up to beat down rhino wouldn't make sense for instance

Ultimate Member

How long ago was that defeat, and still people complaining?

Mind, I think Klaw's long outlived his usefulness as a villain, but come on. Everyone has bad showings.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    That would be redjack

Rouge are important (ask Spiderman and baman) they help build up the hero. The problem is getting a writer tgat actually cares aboutusing continuity to build foward progress in a minority book.

Instead marcel would rather do the bare minimum by simply letting it exist to feel altruistic. Kinda like what they are doing now in the MCU by trying to protome red shirt characters over the one that actually has megastardom growth potential. (Had to slip that in)
    But most of those villains are fairly minor people. IMO Spider-man is more of the exception. He has a bunch of recurring villains, while most Avengers don't. That doesn't stop the individual Avengers, like Black Panther, from being good characters

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Mind, I think Klaw's long outlived his usefulness as a villain, but come on. Everyone has bad showings.
    Idk if he's outlived his usefulness if no one in this universe really goes away

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    That would be redjack

In fairness, Spider-Man is a character that you can throw a million badguys up against, and see what sticks.

I mean, his character is supposed to be 'Everyman', yet one of his most famous villains is an international spy.

T'Challa's villains need to be more measured, because he logically should be surrounded by some degree of security all the time. Slyde isn't gonna bump into him on the street, after all. So he needs guys who either slip past his security without diminishing them (ala say, Deathstroke) or can overpower his mooks in a blitz (Klaw's usual MO)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

All his showings tend to be bad showings lol

He is recognizable enough to just be thrown in the background to get his ass kicked.

Jessica Drew kicked him in the face in one of the Secret Empire books and in aother secret empire book... Moon Girl blasted him with... Water.

Dude is bottom of the barrel lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    All his showings tend to be bad showings lol

He is recognizable enough to just be thrown in the background to get his ass kicked.

Jessica Drew kicked him in the face in one of the Secret Empire books and in aother secret empire book... Moon Girl blasted him with... Water.

Dude is bottom of the barrel lol
    It's odd because he was entertaining in the movie but went out too quickly there also

Astonishing Member

It's odd because he was entertaining in the movie but went out too quickly there also
    Klaw was completely wasted in the MCU. They could’ve had some C-list villain be one of his subordinates that T’Challa was trying to track down and saved Klaw himself for a sequel inspired by WiTBP. Or he could’ve at least survived the first film and be brought back in the future. Maybe they revive him though, but I doubt it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Klaw was completely wasted in the MCU. They could’ve had some C-list villain be one of his subordinates that T’Challa was trying to track down and saved Klaw himself for a sequel inspired by WiTBP. Or he could’ve at least survived the first film and be brought back in the future. Maybe they revive him though, but I doubt it.
    Yeah, MCU still has the whole killing off villains problem, although less so now. We didn't get to see him fully use his sonic powers. Instead we got "hero vs villain with same powers"
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 04-16-2021 at 10:23 AM.

It’s fine to have him tangle with Kraven or Morlun every so often, but I’d argue Marvel as a whole needs more villains beyond the ones you see get attention all the time: The Spidey Rogues, Dr. Doom, Red Skull, Thanos, etc. And T’Challa can’t just be fighting Killmonger and Klaue all the time, gotta revamp old ones and occasionally create new ones.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

It’s fine to have him tangle with Kraven or Morlun every so often, but I’d argue Marvel as a whole needs more villains beyond the ones you see get attention all the time: The Spidey Rogues, Dr. Doom, Red Skull, Thanos, etc.
    I agree they need to build villains outside of those. frankly I always thought it was short-sighted of Marvel to give one hero most of the main villains. Spidey mainly lives in New York, so why does he need three arch-nemeses?

I just feel a hero isn't any less because they lack villains