Page 488 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538588988 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 15079
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Random note bout Loki - will make a Black Panther connection

Tom Hiddleston absolutely crushed that first episode. Elizabeth Olsen killed it in WandaVision. The sad part about the Disney+ series is that no matter how good the other actors are in BP there was no one quite on Boseman's level imo. Forrest Whitaker is older now. Kaluuya is close, but again not given a GREAT character.

So I'm really curious who they are going to have as the main in that show.
    Okoye is the Main I thought

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I assumed that was for another show, but you could be right. Thought there was going to be two Disney+ shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Are they restarting the Illuminati?
    Would not be surprised if the endgame for Hickman’s run is the Illuminati/Superhero community as a whole vs. the mutants, especially given how “Homo Novissimo” is set up as the true final boss.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I have no problem with Hickman restarting the Illuminati

But just leave T'challa out of it.

Have them call the meeting and have T'challa show up and just go...

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

That will be a big story so I want Tchalla to at least be some part of it. Hopefully they find a way to make the Illuminati the good guys in this story since they've traditionally done enough questionable things. Can't trust those mutants LOL all of that depends on Who is writing it though
    Last edited by Ekie; 06-10-2021 at 06:24 AM.

Maybe they are just asking, "hey guys, has anyone seen Black Bolt?"

Panther needs help murdering someone again. Woulda been pretty useful against KillmongerSymbiote who is, ya know, weak to sound lol. Does BlackBOlt count as an minority?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

this is the only Illuminati T'Challa I acknowledge. I need a supremely competent BP above all else.

I remember some of y'all were excited for Hickman's run at the start, but I was not. After the pain of AvX, and what Hickman was pulling with Namor I wanted no parts. Sure he got his feats and cool moments during that drawn-out run, but by the end where did it go?
    The J-man

I liked it

I woulda changed certain things for sure, but I generally enjoyed the Incursion to SW storyline enough to buy it in trade.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Maybe they are just asking, "hey guys, has anyone seen Black Bolt?"

Panther needs help murdering someone again. Woulda been pretty useful against KillmongerSymbiote who is, ya know, weak to sound lol. Does BlackBOlt count as an minority?
    Miles Morales was there. Someone who was taken over by one of those things and defeated it. On his own with no mutant to save him or lecture how weak of a man he was.

Heck he took about Ultimate Venom as well.

I guess Black Panther editorial never got that trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Lolol it could be a random wakandan farmer and MCU stans will still scream Wakanda Forever without ever buying or supporting merch/comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    this is the only Illuminati T'Challa I acknowledge. I need a supremely competent BP above all else.

I remember some of y'all were excited for Hickman's run at the start, but I was not. After the pain of AvX, and what Hickman was pulling with Namor I wanted no parts. Sure he got his feats and cool moments during that drawn-out run, but by the end where did it go?
    You also have to ask where the character went. Turning down the Illuminati was cool and all but did that lift his profile and visibility?
    After Secrect Wars Tchallas popularity peaked (later squandered by Coats and his rape/slave stories).
    We may not get a perfect Tchalla out of the situation but as long as we don't get a bad one and his profile is continued to be elevated and hes involved in the major happenings of the MCU then I'm all for it. Hickman did amazing things for the characters profile despite the things that we didn't like about the results. Imagine if Tchalla saw the incursions and instead of getting involved just dipped out. Thats no fun
    Last edited by Ekie; 06-10-2021 at 07:17 AM.

T'challa should walk out of the Illuminati meeting.... and then text some friend to make a counter illuminati lol.

"Hey Adam, Voodoo, Storm, Black Bolt, Shuri, Banner (hates illuminati).... we have a freaking problem, they on their bullshit again"

Illuminati vs Ultimates lol

Astonishing Member

New Avengers T’Challa had the air of a heavy hitter but often fell short when it really mattered. If he had been allowed to kill Namor at the end I think most of my problems with the run would’ve been solved because by and large I liked what Hickman did. I don’t care that much about Wakanda or Shuri dying because it was obvious they’d come back after Secret Wars with everything else. And T’Challa having trepidation about slaughtering entire planets was logical and a great examination of his king vs hero theme.

The run is also responsible for elevating T’Challa into the B-list and was the first major depiction of BP that really embraced many aspects of BP lore for comic readers who weren’t already reading his solos. For lots of fans Hickman was their first introduction to T’Challa as something more than a minor player and overall I think the character was given a strong voice and decent feats they’d appreciate. He was at the center of the MU in a way we haven’t really seen since.

Unlike with Coates even though there was lots of deconstruction and T’Challa getting beat up, it actually sold well and had acclaim from the majority of fans while at least giving him some wins here and there. If Hickman wants to work with the Illuminati again I’m fine with T’Challa on it as long as it doesn’t derail the actual BP book and T’Challa is allowed to get his punches in before the X-Men inevitably defeat the rest of the MU. He’s proven he understands the character/lore and wants to position T’Challa as one of the pillars of the MU.

Ultimate Member

The Illuminati went sideways when it treated freakin' Namor as a vital and equally competent member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    You also have to ask where the character went. Turning down the Illuminati was cool and all but did that lift his profile and visibility?
    After Secrect Wars Tchallas popularity peaked (later squandered by Coats and his rape/slave stories).
    We may not get a perfect Tchalla out of the situation but as long as we don't get a bad one and his profile is continued to be elevated and hes involved in the major happenings of the MCU then I'm all for it. Hickman did amazing things for the characters profile despite the things that we didn't like about the results. Imagine if Tchalla saw the incursions and instead of getting involved just dipped out. Thats no fun
    Hickman's run ended by reverting time to the beginning of where the run started. BP's character was already up there. MCU movie was already on the way. Outside of some cool feats and BAMF moments, it didn't add much to T'Challa's characters aside from making him look like a bad king.

Firstly, it was a contrived story, but I'll ignore that. If T'Challa saw the incursions he should do what was in his character and alert all his allies and the MCU community. The Illuminati's entire thought process and approach was flawed, which is why I appreciated that they got T'Challa's character right the first time around. BP isn't Stark he doesn't do carelessly foolish things despite being a genius.

T'Challa should have ended Namor the moment he arrived in Wakanda then dealt with the incursions. My BP does not tolerate foolishness.
    The J-man