Page 370 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420470870 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    While that's true, lack of opportunities for Black writers might still be a problem
    The problem is that if Black Panther is the only way for black writers to break in at Marvel, you risk damaging the character. Why? Because what you’ll be getting is a bunch of novice writers who may not be used to dealing with the hassle of working for the Big 2, or writing comics period, getting put on T’Challa and potentially having very rough starts. The first couple of issues are crucial, if a writer starts weakly, it’s rare to be able to recover from that. T’Challa should be a character like Spidey or Bats, a “big” one that you need to prove yourself before you get the ongoing. Don’t mind newcomers auditioning for T’Challa via writing tie-ins or whatever elsewhere, Redjack did a great job on the King in Black tie-in, but I don’t think the ongoing should be the first place a writer should be writing the character.

There just needs to be more opportunities for black writers to break in at the Big 2, but who knows if that will happen?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Grace Randolph said they may not use Namor anymore after Ryan had to change the script.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Can you imagine if a white writer introduced slavery, rape, incompetence and misogyny to Black Panther's franchise?

Yet some celebrate Coats for his "additions" to a character created to upend stereotypes amd trope about black ppl.

When handlers dont "get" the character or his signifigance then its typically a disaster for the lore.

I dont like the idea that white men cant write Tchalla because we know some can. David Liss did it quite well. Marvel should really be careful with landlocking one race or gender into a character. Clearly all black men dont grasp the character and conversely black men are capable of writing non-black characters. Just the laziest form of "equality"

I get his deconstruction didnt work for you, but its time.

Grace Randolph has always been full of ****. But if this is true then it makes you wonder if Coogler maybe downsizing a bit for this sequel just to focus on “the rich subcultures of Wakanda” like Feige said. Again, if this is true at least Coogler realizes that you can’t do a Wakanda vs Atlantis story without T’Challa.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's an insult to put them together.

Ridley has had way more experience in doing comics beside Jace Fox. I mean would we throw Gene Yung, David Walker and N.K. Jemisin as writers who write comics books?

Yet all three of them didn't have New Superman, Superman, Green Lantern or Cyborg hunting rape camps or being talked down to by red shirts. Not one said they hated what the franchise they were working stood for.
    This.

And John Ridley is writing a very interesting Next Batman origin right now.

This is going to alienate a number of people when it gets released

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

I get his deconstruction didnt work for you, but its time.
    Except he makes a great point, and we still have one more issue of Coates to deal with. And he has proven time and time again he doesn't to this day give a frak about T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Grace Randolph said they may not use Namor anymore after Ryan had to change the script.
    Doubt Namor was ever in it

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    I'll say this. I'm happy that Marvel is letting Black People write Black characters. (Im Black btw lol). But I wish Marvel would get a comic book writer to write the series. In case you don't know the difference:

Redjacket, Priest , Hudlin = Comic Book Writers

Coates, Ridley = Writers who WRITES COMIC BOOKS .

BIG DIFFERENCE. Overall I really only heavily enjoyed season 1 of Coates run. Everything else was whatever. But I do thing he would excel at a Storm Series and I really hope they give him one.

TBH I enjoyed some of Ridley's comics, but I'm thinking if you didn't care for coates you probably won't like Ridleys run. I'll reserve judgement but thats my prediction.
    You're disrespecting Ridley tbh

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Doubt Namor was ever in it
    Same. One underwater earth quake does not Atlantis make

Can you imagine if a white writer introduced slavery, rape, incompetence and misogyny to Black Panther's franchise?

Yet some celebrate Coats for his "additions" to a character created to upend stereotypes amd trope about black ppl.
    hE wAs AdDiNg ReAl WoRlD sTuFf
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    This is going to alienate a number of people when it gets released
    Especially since more people will have healed from Chad’s passing by then. Meh, at least we still have comics.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

When handlers dont "get" the character or his signifigance then its typically a disaster for the lore.

I dont like the idea that white men cant write Tchalla because we know some can. David Liss did it quite well. Marvel should really be careful with landlocking one race or gender into a character. Clearly all black men dont grasp the character and conversely black men are capable of writing non-black characters. Just the laziest form of "equality"
    They would have been "canceled" and called racist. Honestly it wouldn't even get that far. I don't think a non black writer will get a chance to do a BP ongoing since people would complain about it like Tim Seeley's now canceled Blade series.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    They would have been "canceled" and called racist. Honestly it wouldn't even get that far. I don't think a non black writer will get a chance to do a BP ongoing since people would complain about it like Tim Seeley's now canceled Blade series.
    Ironic because that would’ve introduced another Black Woman superhero in Fallon Grey. Though there might be a chance she could appear in the new Blade movie.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Ironic because that would’ve introduced another Black Woman superhero in Fallon Grey. Though there might be a chance she could appear in the new Blade movie.
    I'd be genuinely surprised if she appears in the movie. Has there been any update on it other than Mahershala as Blade? It won't surprise me if she does eventually appear in the comics around the movie's release.