Page 219 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319719 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 15079
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The fact that marvel keeps thinking that the draw of Black Panther is Wakanda is why the franchise will forever be stunted from what it could be. T'Challa IS the Black Panther and the black panther IS Wakanda. Period. At no point had Wakanda driven the stories. How can wakanda be bigger when T'Challa himself doesn't even have a healthy supporting cast and rogue gallery?
    T'Challa has been solidly established while Wakanda and cast are essentially new characters
    I think that happened due to the way Coogler and his writing partner structured the movie. They placed so much of the emphasis building Wakanda's mythology and not on T'Challa himself, that so many of the film's fans adored the supporting cast. For example I was on twitter and a thread popped up into my feed asking for people's favorite MCU character. The thread at the time had over 60 replies and I scanned it to see how many people picked T'Challa. At the time only 1 person chose T'Challa as their favorite character. More people chose Okoye, 3 at the time, in the tread more than T'Challa. I was really shocked at how many chose Bucky but that could be recency bias due to the new show. Now this was just one twitter thread but I think it shows why so many believe that the franchise does not need to recast T'Challa.

One of my friends and I were talking about the BP movie and he watches all the MCU movies and read a few graphic novels. He never really read any BP comics. Watching the movie when T'Challa and Killmonger faced off at the waterfall, he said he felt that T'Challa was the underdog because Killmonger was a MIT grad, a Navy Seal, CIA operative and had prepared for that singular combat moment. I told him it was not true and then went on to explain T'Challa's training but none of the MCU movies had done so. He did not know how well trained T'Challa was because the film did not put emphasis on it. He was a bit shocked that the film did not show and talk about T'Challa's training. Also so many of the other characters had dynamic personalities that popped on film that the MCU and Coogler believes they do not need T'Challa. I have so many friends that said after Boseman died, they should just give the mantle of BP to Shuri since it happened in the comics. Most do not know that in the characters history, Shuri was only BP for what? Maybe 2 years in the 60+ years of BP history? They do not know the importance of the character because the film place more emphasis in building the mythology of Wakanda and the side characters and not T'Challa himself.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I think that happened due to the way Coogler and his writing partner structured the movie. They placed so much of the emphasis building Wakanda's mythology and not on T'Challa himself, that so many of the film's fans adored the supporting cast. For example I was on twitter and a thread popped up into my feed asking for people's favorite MCU character. The thread at the time had over 60 replies and I scanned it to see how many people picked T'Challa. At the time only 1 person chose T'Challa as their favorite character. More people chose Okoye, 3 at the time, in the tread more than T'Challa. I was really shocked at how many chose Bucky but that could be recency bias due to the new show. Now this was just one twitter thread but I think it shows why so many believe that the franchise does not need to recast T'Challa.

One of my friends and I were talking about the BP movie and he watches all the MCU movies and read a few graphic novels. He never really read any BP comics. Watching the movie when T'Challa and Killmonger faced off at the waterfall, he said he felt that T'Challa was the underdog because Killmonger was a MIT grad, a Navy Seal, CIA operative and had prepared for that singular combat moment. I told him it was not true and then went on to explain T'Challa's training but none of the MCU movies had done so. He did not know how well trained T'Challa was because the film did not put emphasis on it. He was a bit shocked that the film did not show and talk about T'Challa's training. Also so many of the other characters had dynamic personalities that popped on film that the MCU and Coogler believes they do not need T'Challa. I have so many friends that said after Boseman died, they should just give the mantle of BP to Shuri since it happened in the comics. Most do not know that in the characters history, Shuri was only BP for what? Maybe 2 years in the 60+ years of BP history? They do not know the importance of the character because the film place more emphasis in building the mythology of Wakanda and the side characters and not T'Challa himself.
    With T'Challa's time in the MCU likely ending with What if he's never going to be man's favorite. He only had 1 solo movie, a support role in Cap 3 and glorified cameos in A3 & A4. T'Challa's tenure in the MCU was about 2 years compared to characters who have had major roles in multiple films and have been in the MCU for 10+ years. Bucky has been popular for years especially with shippers and his popularity blew up after TWS dropped and now he's starring in a Disney+ series. T'Challa won't be able to compare to the characters who been around longer and will continue to do so.

Wasting time on T'Challa's training would have been pointless, we know he can fight. Killmonger needed his military explained to justify how he can fight T'Challa. During my first viewing it was obvious Killmonger won because T'Challa was holding back and I don't think it couldn't have been even more obvious. It was very clear he didn't want to fight Killmonger, he remained on the defensive, and had 2 chances to kill Erik but didn't, even the director's commentary confirms this. If T'Challa wasn't a good man that fight literally would have been over in under 30 seconds.

When it comes to the characters no one was more fleshed than T'Challa followed by Killmonger who was the most expressive, and lastly Okoye. People been asking Shuri BP since 2016 because comics just like they been asking for Bucky Cap because it happened in comics. A lot happened in comics that the MCU didn't do like Rhodey becoming Iron Man, Hela being Loki's daughter, the dozen or so Caps before either Sam or Bucky held the shield

The funny thing is when Chris Evans was announced as Captain America and appeared in the first Captain America movie and The Avengers, people did not like his portrayal of Captain America and even mocked his costume in his second appearance as Steve Rogers. Come Winter Solider and he became everyone's sweetheart due to his ability as a super-soldier shown on full display throughout the course of the film and his development as a character. I was hoping for T'Challa to go through the same process but due to Boseman's tragic death, that will unfortunately not come to fruition due to Fiege/Coogler/Disney coming to the conclusion that Wakanda is more of a priority than T'Challa at the moment.

Beautiful thread premise.

I hope they don't recast T'Challa and if they do at least wait until the next Black Panther solo or film they will use the character in

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Pretty much. It’s not reasonable to expect a businessman to come out and say “yea Boseman’s passing and our refusal to recast royally screws up several years worth of MCU stories and throws the future of this franchise into disarray since we’re not sure how to organically move on without taking unprecedented creative risks. But everything will be fine!”

It’s Feige’s job to sell audiences on each and every decision he and the other directors/producers make so of course they’re gonna say the story was always gonna focus on the worldbuilding of Wakanda and the expansive supporting cast. Saying anything else is just gonna turn off audiences and make them more skeptical of the sequel than they already are. I kinda feel bad for the guy if the rumors are true he wanted a recast.
    The problem is that it's clearly a lie. Wakanda isn't that big a deal. Let's be real, between BP IW and EG Wakanda was an afterthought. Yes a business man wouldn't come out and say the avo, but they would be a damn fool to pretend that their original smash hit results that they planned on exploring wasn't the goal and the REAL goal was to focus attention on a tiny aspect that is not set up to take off. They should of waited. Straight up end of story, for the sequel and focused on a TV show in the meantime until they locked in a recast

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The problem is that it's clearly a lie. Wakanda isn't that big a deal. Let's be real, between BP IW and EG Wakanda was an afterthought. Yes a business man wouldn't come out and say the avo, but they would be a damn fool to pretend that their original smash hit results that they planned on exploring wasn't the goal and the REAL goal was to focus attention on a tiny aspect that is not set up to take off. They should of waited. Straight up end of story, for the sequel and focused on a TV show in the meantime until they locked in a recast
    I still think trying to meet the deadline next year is a mistake. Especially since according to Martin Freeman, Coogler had already finished the script and sent it in by the time Boseman passed. Focusing on the Disney plus show would’ve been the best option just so everyone could have time to grieve, but unfortunately Mickey Mouse is hellbent on meeting his bottom line.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Y'all: getting mad that Bucky calls himself White Wolf

Me who never liked Hunter's ole' wannabe-Tarzan, reverse Oreo ass:

#HunterErasureForTheWin
    Oh i know lol

Team Hunter tho! Lol

We all need that crazy white friend

@1:30
    Last edited by Ekie; 03-27-2021 at 06:10 PM.

I just want to drop this cool depiction of TChalla and the Dora. There’s only one depiction I’ve ever seen that was better than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I just want to drop this cool depiction of TChalla and the Dora. There’s only one depiction I’ve ever seen that was better than this one.

The swagger emitting out of these panels is just beautiful.

Multipost edit

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Y'all: getting mad that Bucky calls himself White Wolf

Me who never liked Hunter's ole' wannabe-Tarzan, reverse Oreo ass:

#HunterErasureForTheWin

This lol one character I hope to NEVER see again

Been saying that since day one despite enjoying the film for what it was (not a black panther/Tchalla movie). And here we are.
    Last edited by Ekie; 03-27-2021 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Been saying that since day one despite enjoying the film for what it was (not a black panther/Tchalla movie). And here we are.
    And what would y'all say makes it's not a BP movie? Everything that took place revolved around T'Challa. Everyone loves quirky one liner characters. Hell people loved T'Challa so much in cw because he was this quiet character that was in terminator mode... That wasn't able to do anything. But in polls he was one of the most interesting characters in the movie and cap was low on the poll. BUT cap drove the moves. Same with BP. Yeah Shuri is quippy and Okoye is badass, but those aren't enough traits to drive a movie. Chad wore multiple hats, and between him and Erik were the most fleshed out. My ONLY problems with the film are that they didn't established clearly that T'Challa was a super genius, and that he wasn't pushing the idea of Wakanda opening up and it came from Nakia instead.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I think it's important to remember that the image of T'Chaka in T'Challa's head (in the comics AND the movies) is probably a lot more idealized then the real man.

Was T'Chaka a good man? Undoubtedly. He was a loving father and a wise king. But he was no saint. He had to make tough choices, and occasionally made poor decisions. Indeed, it was one of those decisions that led to Killmonger. The key here is that T'Challa LEARNED from his father's mistakes. Rather than trying to be the next King T'Chaka, he found a way to be King T'Challa, instead.
    Yeah, T'Chaka did murk his own brother and left his pre-teen nephew to fend for himself. T'Chaka was all about Wakanda by any means necessary.

T'Challa saw a side of his father that he'd never seen before and that would shape him into the man he would become going forward.

At least that was the plan until, you know.

One of my friends and I were talking about the BP movie and he watches all the MCU movies and read a few graphic novels. He never really read any BP comics. Watching the movie when T'Challa and Killmonger faced off at the waterfall, he said he felt that T'Challa was the underdog because Killmonger was a MIT grad, a Navy Seal, CIA operative and had prepared for that singular combat moment. I told him it was not true and then went on to explain T'Challa's training but none of the MCU movies had done so. He did not know how well trained T'Challa was because the film did not put emphasis on it. He was a bit shocked that the film did not show and talk about T'Challa's training.
    Killmonger needed the talking up because there was no reason an american black ops dude should be on T'challa's level.

We saw T'challa fight super soldier Cap neutral, **** up super solidder Bucky more than once including when bucky was in killer mode, and mess up shield agent Clint.

We saw T'challa run through the nigerian bad guys with ease.

We saw T'challa in Korea.

We heard T'challa say what he was "passed down from warrior to warrior"

We saw T'challa beat M'baku.

Does the audience really need spoon fed about T'challa's training? He was the top warrior in a warrior nation... a nation that decides the crown based on a fight near a waterfall for godsake lol.

Killmonger, on the otherhand, we saw do nothign but shoot his GF and Klaw. You needed a narrative information dump to tell us why he would even have a chance.

Is the general audience really this dumb that we need training montages lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html