Page 344 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444844 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    the power scaling used to be really balanced. Now it's a bit all over the place but I think a rogue of that nature for T'Challa to fight would work really well
    He fought Hydro-man once, that would count as a logical type. Lol. Klaw would be a special paramecia, but similar to as logia.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    True. I think the marriage was more to boost the profile of the comic versions. Idk if the ga would've bought the marriage. Even a lot of comic readers didn't
    The general audience sees Marvel as ONE universe. Because that is how it has been shown to them. Unlike the comic book side.

The movie and tv side would show you HOW Black Panther and Storm SHOULD have been presented as a couple.

I didn't know Synch got such a pushback, though.
    Synch is still a BLACK MALE. Whenever they try to step beyond where fans EXPECT them to be-expect push back. Especially if fans think someone they like is being used as a PROP for that black guy.

While it seems to be okay for everyone to use Black Panther for a prop or an agenda-can't do it the other way around. Synch is being viewed as using X-23 for a prop and that is part of the reason we saw that push back.

Sort of the same argument of Storm helping Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The fun part, of course, is that most of the people who watched the movies/cartoons probably didn't KNOW Storm married T'Challa.
    Fortunately for them, they were spared the wreck it became.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The general audience sees Marvel as ONE universe. Because that is how it has been shown to them. Unlike the comic book side.

The movie and tv side would show you HOW Black Panther and Storm SHOULD have been presented as a couple.
    I guess Marvel thought it could sell more by pitting both sides against one another.

Honestly, Idk if the whole marriage would be a good idea for the MCU. But then again, they could've led a hybrid Avengers/X-Men MCU team.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Synch is still a BLACK MALE. Whenever they try to step beyond where fans EXPECT them to be-expect push back. Especially if fans think someone they like is being used as a PROP for that black guy.

While it seems to be okay for everyone to use Black Panther for a prop or an agenda-can't do it the other way around. Synch is being viewed as using X-23 for a prop and that is part of the reason we saw that push back.

Sort of the same argument of Storm helping Panther.
    Seems to go against the whole "diversity" purpose of X-Men

I'm sure that this was probably already discussed but did anyone notice that MCU Taskmaster has claws like BP?

Taskmaster.jpg

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I guess Marvel thought it could sell more by pitting both sides against one another.

Honestly, Idk if the whole marriage would be a good idea for the MCU. But then again, they could've led a hybrid Avengers/X-Men MCU team.

Seems to go against the whole "diversity" purpose of X-Men
    It does, but the sad fact of it is that while the X-Men at least under Chris Claremont in the 1980s, were better on that issue compared to other mainstream superhero publications and franchises, even within Marvel itself, those others eventually caught up with, if not surpassed, the X-Men there as society and culture in real life evolved and grew in that area, whereas the X-Men franchise was still content to continue couching those issues in metaphorical/allegorical terms to avoid discomforting the largely white and male fanbase that most superhero comics, then and now, still treated as the predominant audience. Granted, that's changed a good amount in recent years, especially with Jonathan Hickman as the "Head of X," but that's a lot of catch-up X-Men is doing compared to the other superhero stories that are more willing to tackle those issues in a more straightforward and upfront manner compared to where X-Men has largely been.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm sure that this was probably already discussed but did anyone notice that MCU Taskmaster has claws like BP?

Taskmaster.jpg
    I thougth hewas confirmed to copy BP, hawkeye, cap and maybe spider-man ?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It does, but the sad fact of it is that while the X-Men at least under Chris Claremont in the 1980s, were better on that issue compared to other mainstream superhero publications and franchises, even within Marvel itself, those others eventually caught up with, if not surpassed, the X-Men there as society and culture in real life evolved and grew in that area, whereas the X-Men franchise was still content to continue couching those issues in metaphorical/allegorical terms to avoid discomforting the largely white and male fanbase that most superhero comics, then and now, still treated as the predominant audience. Granted, that's changed a good amount in recent years, especially with Jonathan Hickman as the "Head of X," but that's a lot of catch-up X-Men is doing compared to the other superhero stories that are more willing to tackle those issues in a more straightforward and upfront manner compared to where X-Men has largely been.
    That's true. The X-Men are still a lot more diverse in some areas, like Native American characters or, until recently, Asian characters. So they have that going for them. But I've barely seen them deal with real racism. I don't think the metaphor is really relevant anymore, especially when actual PoC heroes can tell their own stories now

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I thougth hewas confirmed to copy BP, hawkeye, cap and maybe spider-man ?
    He probably was and I must have missed it somewhere. I hope they show how he copied BP and the others in the BW movie.

He probably was and I must have missed it somewhere. I hope they show how he copied BP and the others in the BW movie.
    Most likely video feeds from the German airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Maybe some from South Korea. There really isn't that much fight footage of BP outside of Wakanda..

Ultimate Member

I heard rumor he might have Stark Tech too. But idk if that's reliable

Maybe some from South Korea. There really isn't that much fight footage of BP outside of Wakanda..
    I suspect there will be a introduction scene where hes watching multiple videos at once to learn peoples moves.

Taskmaster.jpg

I suspect there will be a introduction scene where hes watching multiple videos at once to learn peoples moves.
    100%

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html