Page 377 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427477877 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    White liberal women seem to be the group going hardest for MCU Shuri. Its hard to figure out why. Just dont ask them any questions about the characters history and traditional attributes.
    My only guess is that they saw the MCU brand her as the true genius responsible for all of wakandas advancements and deem her more worthy of leadership than even the main character himself. Who in their eyes is only in that position because he was male, stronger and born first.
    I happened to rewatch the movie last night, and something caught my attention.

At NO time do they say that Shuri created ALL of Wakanda's technological advancements. She's IN CHARGE, yes, but when she does the demo for the new suit, she specifically describes it as "the best the Design Group has to offer".

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Played up the goofiness too much (and it was hilarious in gog....hit or miss after) but Gunn didn't play up "The Destroyer" part.

If he had that part of his personality still around, he'd have more to do.

Instead, even when he's "destroying" like at he beginning fo GotG2... he is still being goofy as hell.

ANd yeah, heroes death after finding out his daughter is still alive is the best route for him.
    Gamora "the Most Dangerous Woman in the Galaxy" who barely ever does anything all that impressive compared to Nebula.

Heck, Drax barely got to do anything against Thanos. And that was his main thing!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

At NO time do they say that Shuri created ALL of Wakanda's technological advancements. She's IN CHARGE, yes, but when she does the demo for the new suit, she specifically describes it as "the best the Design Group has to offer".
    We figured that when a version of the Talon fighter went to Oakland in the opening. Shuri would have to be an infant at best. Lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    White liberal women seem to be the group going hardest for MCU Shuri. Its hard to figure out why. Just dont ask them any questions about the characters history and traditional attributes.
    My only guess is that they saw the MCU brand her as the true genius responsible for all of wakandas advancements and deem her more worthy of leadership than even the main character himself. Who in their eyes is only in that position because he was male, stronger and born first.

Just a guess tho. Maybe they share Coats no one man ideology. Or they just really like sneaker puns.
    Yeah, I don't think everything is an anti-male conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gamora "the Most Dangerous Woman in the Galaxy" who barely ever does anything all that impressive compared to Nebula.

Heck, Drax barely got to do anything against Thanos. And that was his main thing!
    I like Gunn's movies for what they are but... his action is not my cup of tea at all. His hand to hand stuff is miserable.

I'll be curious if Takai gets to write any action with the GoG... the action in Ragnorak was legit.

All Drax has accomplished action wise is beating the black dude who I can't remember his name lol.

Getting absolutely curbstomped by non-gem powered Ronan was.... yikes lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    We figured that when a version of the Talon fighter went to Oakland in the opening. Shuri would have to be an infant at best. Lol

Wait, yall expecting people to actually WATCH a movie?

they spend more time trying to find stuff to bitch about and critique vs actually watcht he damn thing lol

MCU obviously used the Hudlin origin for Wakanda
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

E-Man is out there doing the lords work. I’m happy his petition got as much traction as it did in such a short amount of time.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Just to touch back on this again, my thought was that the Hyena Clan would be the mad scientists, tech thieves, and outcasts Jakarra would be working with, not actual foreigners. To me his whole thing should be like we’ve been saying, “Wakanda needs to make the next evolutionary step in order to best protect itself and the only way to do that is to take the Bast-given gift of vibranium and merge with it to transcend all human limitations” He’d be weary of foreigners but if need be he might do shady business with them to advance his goals.

I think he works like 4sake baned suggested, an Orichimaru-like figure. One who dabbles in vibranium mutate-based bioterrorism and trafficking. Solomon Prey could fit that role too, he just lacks that emotional connection since he’s not T’Challa’s sibling. But body horror and evil experiments were a huge part of his visual when he was introduced and if Marvel doesn’t wanna bring back Jakarra, Prey works as T’Challa’s Orochimaru too. But that contrast you pointed out in how the children of T’Chaka respond to his death is powerful.

T’Challa sees his father die but realizes in his heroism and pragmatism the way forward isn’t to shun the world, but to guide it so Wakanda is safe (while helping other peoples). Hunter, always struggling with his alienation, doubles down on nationalism and loses all faith in “outlanders”. Jakarra who suffered a complete body transformation thinks the only way forward is to not just close Wakanda off, but have Wakandans become non-human, usurping the gods with their own gift. Shuri, who was too young to remember the details of her father’s murder, has a youthful optimism about the power of science/mysticism to move her people into the future.
    Ooooh I like that, the Solomon prey angle can be his upgrade. Since he already enhanced himself i would say he becomes a evil Falcon/wolverine hybrid he gets a vibranium coating through his wings and claws (as anymore in his body would kill him currently) as well as his other abilities. I like that angle with Hyena that works well and the point is to ascend to godhood, not in Coates dumbass way but through science and and technology.

Also yes. The death of T'Chaka becomes a massive pivotal moment for all the siblings

T'Challa pragmatic heroism in saving his family - Guilty that he wasn't able to save his father (understandably he was just a child) birth of the prep master due to borderline paranoia.

Hunter- Guilty he didn't learn of the assassination attempt and colab with foreigner nations until way too late. Birth of the HZ evolving from secret police to full-blown espionage/ navy seals on steroids extremist group (later becomes a intelligence branch by T'Challa and not so... Cruel) cranked up to 11 to prevent such a tragedy.

Jakkara- survivors guilt. Wondering why he lived and not his dad and how easily even the great Wakandans lives can be snuffed out, saved by vibranium. Becomes warped into believing he was chosen by bast to lead Wakanda to it's next evolutionary step to prevent the loss of Wakandan life.

Shuri- the most optimistic/ hopeful of the siblings, no baggage from the loss of her father/ has a father figure in S'yan and Zuri. The most mentally stable of all, a bit unrealistic expectation of the world due to being sheltered by the cruel realities

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I have to disagree bro. Coates can't write T'Challa because he doesn't get him.

Right from the start he's worried about T'Challa sleeping with Doras.

Then, T'Challa is a reluctant/doesn't want to be king.

Next he wasn't spying on the Avengers, he just wanted to go on adventure time.

Wakanda was founded by illegal aliens.

Dude can't get isht done without quadruple back-up.

Goon Slam Garry was Buster Douglas to T'Challa's Mike Tyson.

Screws up a story about Wakandans and space. How?

Nope, he gave his best and his best just wasn't good enough.
    I just mean he put issues on there where T'Challa was undoubtably competent and written in Character. This was especially clear on the Cap book but also happened in the solo. But it felt like of he tried he could of written T'Challa better but he chose not to because he didn't like the idea of T'Challa being shown as awesome

I mean this pretty much been from interviews that have claimed Shuri is the smartest and somehow I think probably by M'Bakus statement during challenge day "We have looked on with disgust, as your technological advancements have been overseen by a child, who scoffs at tradition" people equate that to Shuri must have created all of Wakandas current tech. It think it was a problem that Coogler didn't specify WHAT exactly T'Challa, Shuri, and Wakandan advancements before them each respectively where responsible for. That's a problem likely solved and answered by on the sequel if Chad was still around. What we know is T'Challa created his habit and maybe the emp beads

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean this pretty much been from interviews that have claimed Shuri is the smartest and somehow I think probably by M'Bakus statement during challenge day "We have looked on with disgust, as your technological advancements have been overseen by a child, who scoffs at tradition" people equate that to Shuri must have created all of Wakandas current tech. It think it was a problem that Coogler didn't specify WHAT exactly T'Challa, Shuri, and Wakandan advancements before them each respectively where responsible for. That's a problem likely solved and answered by on the sequel if Chad was still around. What we know is T'Challa created his habit and maybe the emp beads
    It's only a problem if as MoS said people weren't paying attention. I'm pretty the first article said the 'new' technology.
    People give Elon Musk credit for SpaceX and Tesla, but I'm sure there are a whole lot of engineers doing the creating.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It's only a problem if as MoS said people weren't paying attention. I'm pretty the first article said the 'new' technology.
    People give Elon Musk credit for SpaceX and Tesla, but I'm sure there are a whole lot of engineers doing the creating.
    All the WDG engineers probably wait for Shuri to leave the lab, then exhale and go, "ok now we can get real work done now the ms princess is gone" lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Several characters should not have been dusted. T'Challa and Drax stick out the most. We should have actually seen Wakanda being the bridge to helping out if thats the route they wanted to go. Would have given us T'Challa using his intellect along with Stark and Banner.

Even though the "On Your Left" moment almost makes up for it. Still it was disappointing he wasnt given more to do in the Infinity Saga.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 05-08-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Several characters should not have been dusted. T'Challa and Drax stick out the most. We should have actually seen Wakanda being the bridge to helping out if thats the route they wanted to go. Would have given us T'Challa using his intellect along with Stark and Banner.

Even though the "On Your Left" moment almost makes up for it. Still it was disappointing he wasnt given more to do in the Infinity Saga.
    They were probably banking on him appearing in future movies

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They were probably banking on him appearing in future movies
    I get it, but its just odd to have his movie right before your biggest movie and then kill him off. Not to mention that since he's a king you're directly impacting Wakanda for 5 years. Never sat right with me.

Ironically though this decision would make a sequel taking place during the blip work.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I get it, but its just odd to have his movie right before your biggest movie and then kill him off. Not to mention that since he's a king you're directly impacting Wakanda for 5 years. Never sat right with me.

Ironically though this decision would make a sequel taking place during the blip work.
    Because Endgame was about the original 6 I assume. Same reason why most of the others got snapped as well

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I like Gunn's movies for what they are but... his action is not my cup of tea at all. His hand to hand stuff is miserable.

I'll be curious if Takai gets to write any action with the GoG... the action in Ragnorak was legit.

All Drax has accomplished action wise is beating the black dude who I can't remember his name lol.

Getting absolutely curbstomped by non-gem powered Ronan was.... yikes lol

Wait, yall expecting people to actually WATCH a movie?

they spend more time trying to find stuff to bitch about and critique vs actually watcht he damn thing lol

MCU obviously used the Hudlin origin for Wakanda
    That Ronan beat down was embarrassing.
    I bet Batista is still pissed about that.
    Drax really did get the mcu shaft.