Page 872 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 372772822862868869870871872873874875876882922972 ... LastLast
Results 13,066 to 13,080 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Rewatching Shang-Chi and man do I feel like the suit in BP was such a crutch and limited creativity.

After the first explosion scene I wish Killmonger/cheated damaged the suit and they spent the rest of the 3rd act being T'Challa whooping everybody's ass without the kinetic energy.

Or instead of bringing the necklace you have Shuri, Nakia, etc dragging his old suit back to him.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    If WF doesn't do well, which do you think is more likely?

Marvel Studios: We were wrong! We should have recast! Forgive us!

or

Marvel Studios: Well, I guess that didn't work. Who else do we have that can appeal to that demographic?
    Thats a legit fear for me. Feige and crew being over it.

Shang Chi was highly enjoyable.

One slightly funny thing, behind spoilers just in case

spoilers:
    People in charge changed Shuri to a tech genius just so T'challa little sister wouldn't just be "female t'challa." So they took T'challa intelligence and gave it to Shuri.

Yet... shang-chi had no problem making his sister just... Shang-Chi but not as good lol. And they made it work well enough. Gave her a slightly different backstory, give her a different fighting style, and it was fine.

As much as i love the BP movie, I wish they just would have gone that route instead.

(or just completely eliminated Shuri as a redundant character in hindsight. Or have her be a spy that was simply gone all movie and bring her in for BP2. Royals' being spies was something we already saw and fits)
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Rewatching Shang-Chi and man do I feel like the suit in BP was such a crutch and limited creativity.

After the first explosion scene I wish Killmonger/cheated damaged the suit and they spent the rest of the 3rd act being T'Challa whooping everybody's ass without the kinetic energy.

Or instead of bringing the necklace you have Shuri, Nakia, etc dragging his old suit back to him.
    I actally have no problem combining tech with T'challa's natural skill. That is BP and Wakanda as a whole.

THe third act just had editing issues and cgi issues if I want to nitpick.

Keep that mine fight continous and it flows a lot better and the choreography is solid. It was just too chopped up. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Thats a legit fear for me. Feige and crew being over it.
    I mean, selfishly...

If t'challa is gone, I will gladly see the whole world of Wakanda burn to the ground and let Marvel use resources for another franchise I may enjoy because I will not enjoy T'challa-less Wakanda lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So I just watched Shang-Chi for the first time. And I feel it was very comparable to the most recent Mortal Kombat. Only a little better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Shang Chi was highly enjoyable.

One slightly funny thing, behind spoilers just in case

spoilers:
    People in charge changed Shuri to a tech genius just so T'challa little sister wouldn't just be "female t'challa." So they took T'challa intelligence and gave it to Shuri.

Yet... shang-chi had no problem making his sister just... Shang-Chi but not as good lol. And they made it work well enough. Gave her a slightly different backstory, give her a different fighting style, and it was fine.

As much as i love the BP movie, I wish they just would have gone that route instead.

(or just completely eliminated Shuri as a redundant character in hindsight. Or have her be a spy that was simply gone all movie and bring her in for BP2. Royals' being spies was something we already saw and fits)
    end of spoilers

I actally have no problem combining tech with T'challa's natural skill. That is BP and Wakanda as a whole.

THe third act just had editing issues and cgi issues if I want to nitpick.

Keep that mine fight continous and it flows a lot better and the choreography is solid. It was just too chopped up. IMHO

I mean, selfishly...

If t'challa is gone, I will gladly see the whole world of Wakanda burn to the ground and let Marvel use resources for another franchise I may enjoy because I will not enjoy T'challa-less Wakanda lol
    Thats possiby true. Coogler's Creed movie didnt have all the cuts. Plus on another forum (I think I've said here before) someone had a friend close to the film that said Marvel had issues with how long the fights were. Its possible the editing for time got a hold of it.

Yea it is an interesting comparison with BP. The thing is I think it really took a while for it to hit me about Shuri stealing some of T'Challa's shine. However, in Shang Chi the sister immediately steals some of his shine imo. She was a great character and all, but she kinda undercut someone of his scenes/shine. This made realize why Coogler didnt go that route. It stands out more (to people like me I guess). However, knowing the unfortunate passing it would have actually been a better setup than forcing a 90 pound Shuri as BP.

I hope Im not being jaded because after everything thats happened Im now on board with the HERO getting MOST of the praise.

Still a really good film and wish we could see him and T'Challa interact.

nate moore on the possibility of recasting t’challa

you will not see t’challa in the MCU 616-universe. we couldn’t do it…so much of t’challa in the MCU is tied to chadwick’s performance.
    https://twitter.com/charlesxholmes/s...17043720568838

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

That’s not what I want to hear.

I'm not the Twitter type but I really want to ask if this attitude would work in the event of Tom Holland, Benedict Cumberbatch, or Chris Hemsworth passing. Somehow I don't see Marvel trying to make a Miles Morales or a Brother Voodoo movie. They are making Jane Thor so I'll give them that.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Let the whole film franchise burn at this point. Hope y’all like having an anti vaxxer causing y’all headaches for the foreseeable future.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Chesterfield and Ezyo

I mean if there was a surprise I guess he wouldnt say it now. However, damn did that feel like a punch in the gut.

They’ll have to lie in the bed they made with BP2 then (which this pretty much confirms MCU T’Challa is dead). If it flops then we’ll see if they still stick to that tune. Maybe Disney takes BP and gives it to someone else afterwards. Either way, looks like BP2 is an easy skip for me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    I'm not the Twitter type but I really want to ask if this attitude would work in the event of Tom Holland, Benedict Cumberbatch, or Chris Hemsworth passing. Somehow I don't see Marvel trying to make a Miles Morales or a Brother Voodoo movie. They are making Jane Thor so I'll give them that.
    Why be so definitive about it? Its just a smack in the face to the people who were drawn to the franchise because of that character. I love Boseman, but why make it so only he can be king. They said they wanted this to be their James Bond and yet they are not allowing that character to continue. I cant cry over what I've asked for because I've wanted someone to ask him. Its just damn do they realize what they are doing and how they are "honoring".

Astonishing Member

Meh, told y'all this was all Coogler. Whatever happens is his fault and everyone that cosigned. A decade or more without T'Challa, all the **** that made him great divvied up between D-list supporting characters.

We need a separate MCU Wakanda thread if T'Challa ain't gonna be there until a reboot.

Also Nate Moore

IGN
    @IGN
    Marvel VP Nate Moore says that Sam Wilson's journey in Captain America 4 will be about how he earns the Cap title without superpowers. "We're going to put him through the wringer and make him earn it."

This man really is not an ally.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Meh, told y'all this was all Coogler. Whatever happens is his fault and everyone that cosigned. A decade or more without T'Challa, all the **** that made him great divvied up between D-list supporting characters.

We need a separate MCU Wakanda thread if T'Challa ain't gonna be there until a reboot.
    I’ve really grown sour towards the MCU Black Panther. Heck I’m even growing sour on the supporting cast. From here on out anything about Black Panther related to the MCU is as good as boycotted.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"