Page 741 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 241641691731737738739740741742743744745751791841 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,115 of 15079
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    That’s how the ears should always be. Stelfreeze got that part right also.

100%

I love his take on Black Panther.

Luckily Marvel Legends took his design for the action figure

They also have a all black version too

Eh I dont really care about M'Baku at all, especially Nu-Mbaku. This would of been better served with actually M'Baku and not fake one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    That’s how the ears should always be. Stelfreeze got that part right also.

The problem is that everyone else always fraks up the side ear look. As long as they don't look like bat ears on fine with either.

Incredible Member

They really need to get over the Gorilla imagery thing..

Incredible Member

Never been a fan of the slanted ears. It just makes the head look weird and alien like, but that's probably more on the artists than anything else. I think the standard pointy cat ears(like on the movie costumes) work best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Ima pass then.
    No interest in Movie Baku and Movie Shuri and Movie-verse Black Panther.
    I really want to see what Ridley is gonna do
    Nah, this is COATES M'Baku & Shuri.

But Narcisse will write a great T'Challa! Just look at Rise! *smfh*

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Sounds like it should've been titled Last Annihilation: M'Baku. Going by this review sounds like it focuses primarily on him and not much of anyone else. When it comes to his name, it's MCU synergy just like with Nakia and NuKillmonger. No meaning other than synergy.
    I am pretty sure we knew this ahead of time to an extent. Or maybe just expected this. Which begs to question as to.... why? Why are they wasting the time? Does nuBaku fit into the new series or something? Are they preparing for BP2 movie (but this is nothing like DuBaku)? What is the reasoning of this story really? Why not just use Black Panther?

But, once again, Coates needs his friends to give character depth to characters he brought into the book and did nothing with. Go ahead and put nuMabaku next to Zenzi, the Crew, and the MA lol.

And hilarous that some of us though the same thing as this paragraph...

The decision to have M’Baku don armor bearing the likeness of a gorilla is one that gave me pause. I understand that the deceased M’Baku was leader of the White Gorilla tribe and various writers throughout the franchise’s history have found means to navigate the racist imagery of a Black man in a gorilla suit, but this is not that M’Baku. This M’Baku is a rebel from a distant world in Wakanda’s empire of five galaxies. He is a relative newcomer to Earth, which begs the question: has he ever even seen a gorilla? And if M’Baku is concerned about the legacy of his namesake, why does he accept armor that evokes that man’s heritage?

These are questions that largely go unanswered here, and so the decision to bring this character closer to the original M’Baku feels less rooted in story and more rooted in maintaining the larger imagery of what the Black Panther franchise is. Perhaps that is unfair, perhaps this character decision is explored more fully in the upcoming Black Panther series by John Ridley and Juann Cabal, which was originally slated for an August debut before being delayed to November. But given both the design and the themes presented in the story, it would have been nice for The Last Annihilation: Wakanda to answer those questions firmly.

Which makes since because... Rob Reed used to post here and I've chatted with him on reddit the last couple weeks. He is actually an OG fan.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Ima pass then.
    No interest in Movie Baku and Movie Shuri and Movie-verse Black Panther.
    I really want to see what Ridley is gonna do
    Yeah, I'm not paying for a random issue about some character I don't care about lol in an event I don't care about.

Mr. Thorne showed us how you do a tie in... that is the standard. That is worth the time and gas to go to the comic store for one issue.

Man.. this isn't even movie baku! At least movie Baku is cool and you know... is actually somewhat like comic Baku. NuBaku is just some random space dude with the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    They really need to get over the Gorilla imagery thing..
    MCU showed them how to pay homage to the design without getting stupid.

Comic artists: "hey lets put him in a monkey suit again!"

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So who would y’all rather be the voice of T’Challa on the video game side of things from here on out? Christopher Judge or James C. Mattis III?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So who would y’all rather be the voice of T’Challa on the video game side of things from here on out? Christopher Judge or James C. Mattis III?
    James C. Mathis III would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah, I'm not paying for a random issue about some character I don't care about lol in an event I don't care about.

Mr. Thorne showed us how you do a tie in... that is the standard. That is worth the time and gas to go to the comic store for one issue.

Man.. this isn't even movie baku! At least movie Baku is cool and you know... is actually somewhat like comic Baku. NuBaku is just some random space dude with the same name.

MCU showed them how to pay homage to the design without getting stupid.

Comic artists: "hey lets put him in a monkey suit again!"
    I think this falls into narcisse fanboying hard for Coates, like, I get it that he is the most recent BP writer and he is following continuity (which even the book toes into Ridleys book, even though it hasn't dropped yet) but... There's nothing to draw from. He is literally developing and carving the path for Coates because he was trying to be lazy and just use known character names for new characters on order to skip the introductions and just straight into the boring prose.

He should of used this one shot to show HOW T'Challa is a different leader from N'Jadaka and every other BP that came before him, and how, just like he gets Wakanda to mobilize despite their feelings towards the rest of the world, T'Challa is able to do the same for the IGEW, highlighting his powerful leadership skills.

I can almost already Guarantee that Ridley isn't going to bother with Nu-Mbaku or Nu-Zenzi, and will focus on other characters, so why even waste a whole one shot on nobodies? This is the problem i have with Coates era. Wasted minis and spin offs on **** no one cares about

Personally? I would have each have Their own lane. Mathis for the animation side and Judge for the game side.

A few new shots of Killmonger in the mid season trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Personally? I would have each have Their own lane. Mathis for the animation side and Judge for the game side.
    That could work. Especially since Yuri Lowenthal has been done playing Spider-Man in every marvel game since the PS4 game. I can really see the same happening for Judge since his performance was very well received in spite of Avengers being a dumpster fire.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I love Judge but I can never say no to more James C. Mathis III T'Challa .

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    A few new shots of Killmonger in the mid season trailer
    spoilers:
    so killmonger looks like he is bringing in Hydra robots to invade Wakanda? Maybe stark helps him out? Killmonger should still be evil if he met Stark at that age
    end of spoilers

more controversial opinion...

spoilers:
    LOL, milk T'challa while you got him I guess right and then throw the character in the trash
    end of spoilers