Page 48 of 179 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 2682
  1. #706
    Astonishing Member Redjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    2,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's because some people are only comfortable if black men are portrayed as one Asexual, gay, or if they are in a relationship then it is more likely an interracial relationship. Nothing is wrong with the later two, however, people always seem to scoff at the idea of a black man being in a healthy relationship with a black woman and feel the need to insert dysfunction into it.

    A LI wouldn't define T'Challa, that's a weak and lame excuse not to have one for him. No comic book hero is ever defined by a LI. How many heroes do we see how have relationships, or hook ups without issue, but for T'Challa all of a sudden they will define him so he needs to ride solo like he has been doing since AvX, and is only ever allowed to have something when Storm happens to drop by (and even then more often than not she is shade throwing and he just takes it) before he is back to going solo player.

    I don't care what anyone says, the 3 most important characters in the book should be T'Challa, the Villain, and the LI. With T'Challa standing clearly above those two
    this is precisely why I introduced the upgraded Zanda into the show. She would not be some chick sitting around in lingerie waiting for him to come in and ring the bells. She would not be someone he simped over and threw off his responsibilities to chill with. She would be a challenge. She would be a match. She would be hot as hell and she would always have her own agenda. The animation guys had some other ideas but i'm confident my way would have won out.

    Zanda is also royalty but she would represent a version of a prince/princess who ABANDONED her duties to just live for adventure. She would be a temptation. She would be worth it. And she would always upset his game because, underneath the stoic exterior, he would be burning for her and she would KNOW it.

    And none of it would take anything away from T'Challa or the fact that the book has his name on it and is supposed to be about him.

    think i couldn't write the hell out of that? Guess again.

  2. #707
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    I invented the Kung Fu Grip...


    Oh wait that's not what you are talking about my bad!


    Wakanda.

    The throne room.

    The elders gathered for what would be the most important meeting of their lives.

    T'challa: "You all wanted to see me."

    Shuri: "Actually I called for this meeting because the elders had brought something to my attention concerning you."

    Shuri pauses, takes a deep breathe and...

    Shuri: "Well you know how vibranium works by absorbing energy... And it does this in many forms. With that said due to security concerns every incoming transmission is automatically intercepted by our security net down to its' most minute details. Whether it be in the form of sound waves, sonar radar or internet bandwidth we capture it. Also, for security reasons various members of the tribal elders have access to this in case of extreme emergencies and protocols. You see..."

    T'challa: "Where are you headed with this Shuri?"

    Shuri: "It's better if I show you."

    Shuri ignites a Kimoyo bead that begins to access T'challa's secret account.

    A very well endowed BBW with a hair weave down to her calves comes to life...

    BBW: "Hello your highness welcome back to 1-800-PANTHER-PORNHUB... Have you been a naughty king. OOOOh let's take it to the waterfall... Is this your king... Is this your king..."

    T'challa: "Okay okay that's enough!"

    The elders look around at each other and nod in agreement.

    Shuri: "Uhm... The elders and I agree that it's time for you to get some."

    T'challa: "I just did get some... Didn't you See Wakanda and Die I was kicking @$$ and taking names out there!"

    Shuri: "Not that we mean like... Get a mate or a queen."

    T'challa: "Oh!"

    Shuri: "I mean... If you want to continue this lewd behavior I could set up a seperate account not available to the elders discretions but seriously though."

    T'challa: "I get it... Sometimes I'm stressed out about all this being two steps three steps ahead of everybody that I want someone else to be in charge for a change."

    Shuri: "In charge of... Oh never mind I don't need any more visuals."

    T'challa: "I hear you and I'll get on one of those dating sites and choose carefully."

    Shuri: "I took the liberty of scanning your profile, tastes and dislikes and narrowed down your options to a couple prospects from Detroit and Atlanta."

    T'challa: "Do they have Tig ole Bitties!"

    Shuri: "EW, you can do that your self... BYE!"


    At least get him on The Bachelor, lol.

  3. #708
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's because some people are only comfortable if black men are portrayed as one Asexual, gay, or if they are in a relationship then it is more likely an interracial relationship. Nothing is wrong with the later two, however, people always seem to scoff at the idea of a black man being in a healthy relationship with a black woman and feel the need to insert dysfunction into it.

    A LI wouldn't define T'Challa, that's a weak and lame excuse not to have one for him. No comic book hero is ever defined by a LI. How many heroes do we see how have relationships, or hook ups without issue, but for T'Challa all of a sudden they will define him so he needs to ride solo like he has been doing since AvX, and is only ever allowed to have something when Storm happens to drop by (and even then more often than not she is shade throwing and he just takes it) before he is back to going solo player.

    I don't care what anyone says, the 3 most important characters in the book should be T'Challa, the Villain, and the LI. With T'Challa standing clearly above those two
    I don't know bro, that Noble Negro trope seems to rear it's ugly head whenever they talk about BP and relationships. People keep talking about T'Challa needing development. T'Challa is already developed. Can he grow? Yes, definitely. But he doesn't need some soul searching mission so that he can learn some "valuable lesson". He needs to be put in situations that challenge him. And one of those challenges is a damn LI.

    They're always showing us some scene where someone finds T'Challa attractive but you rarely get any insight on his part like he can't look at a women and have an opinion on whether she's attractive or not.

    Dammit Jim, the man is a Wakandan, not a Vulcan!


  4. #709
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's just strange that some don't want T'Challa to have a LI. Every other character in comics that has a solo can have a LI or sexual relationship or a dang booty call but T'Challa can't have one because he doesn't need a LI to define him. What utter bs nonsense.

    Is T'Challa supposed to hide behind the throne with a Kung Fu grip on his rod while everyone else engages in some kind of relationship with other sentient living beings?

    That comic book should never be made.
    I'm on the fence. After the Storm thing it's hard to focus in on another as a serious interest. That said i think he should have atleast two Zanda like villains that show that type of interest but it doesn't get reciprocity. Black Swan would be another good reoccurring Catwoman villain bitter about Tchalla stopping Her hickman plans but impressed.

  5. #710
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I'm on the fence. After the Storm thing it's hard to focus in on another as a serious interest. That said i think he should have atleast two Zanda like villains that show that type of interest but it doesn't get reciprocity. Black Swan would be another good reoccurring Catwoman villain bitter about Tchalla stopping Her hickman plans but impressed.
    It doesn't have to be a serious thing, he can be in a casual relationship. T'Challa isn't a monk, he's a Panther.

  6. #711
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    this is precisely why I introduced the upgraded Zanda into the show. She would not be some chick sitting around in lingerie waiting for him to come in and ring the bells. She would not be someone he simped over and threw off his responsibilities to chill with. She would be a challenge. She would be a match. She would be hot as hell and she would always have her own agenda. The animation guys had some other ideas but i'm confident my way would have won out.

    Zanda is also royalty but she would represent a version of a prince/princess who ABANDONED her duties to just live for adventure. She would be a temptation. She would be worth it. And she would always upset his game because, underneath the stoic exterior, he would be burning for her and she would KNOW it.

    And none of it would take anything away from T'Challa or the fact that the book has his name on it and is supposed to be about him.

    think i couldn't write the hell out of that? Guess again.
    I like this That's how it should be, a good LI challenges the hero in some form (either physically, emotionally, spiritually, morally etc. Or a combination) and gets us another angle to explore and see how they navigate. Ontop of that, I would say he would have the same effect on her.

    In him, she sees a man that loves for his people, and his nation and his responsibility that he would do whatever it took protect not only his people, but others as well and in his determination, THAT would drive her burning desire for him. Just like she is a temptation for the adventure for him, he is the temptation for the throne for her. Good relationships allow both people to grow and develop

  7. #712

    Default

    How about a LI that isn't imported from another franchise? Not sure what's so difficult here...

  8. #713
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    How about a LI that isn't imported from another franchise? Not sure what's so difficult here...
    I've been talking about Zanda for so long.

    Redjack already has used her and has other ideas for her. It's a perfect fit. And she doesn't even have to be a serious thing.

  9. #714
    Get Hectic! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    Black women everywhere are seeking a great female villain to cosplay as...


    Get Hectic!

  10. #715
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Man, I stand by what I said. This isn't a race issue or anything to do with Tchalla being a "monk" no friggin duh he's not some asexual organism, my overall point is that there's no benefit to Tchalla's character to this point of having a love interest in any capacity. The man can get any woman he want's but overall that shouldn't even be in the top 10 priorities of the character, I don't give a fuuuukkk what other comic franchises are doing because it has nothing with the man in the cat suit. Like for real this is no deep philosophical conversation I personally just don't give zero fuks for the love interest thing and after that bs from that x men issue in mid 2020 man I'm over this bull.

  11. #716
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's just strange that some don't want T'Challa to have a LI. Every other character in comics that has a solo can have a LI or sexual relationship or a dang booty call but T'Challa can't have one because he doesn't need a LI to define him. What utter bs nonsense.

    Is T'Challa supposed to hide behind the throne with a Kung Fu grip on his rod while everyone else engages in some kind of relationship with other sentient living beings?

    That comic book should never be made.
    I'm of the opinion that T'Challa should start livin the bachelor lifestyle with a new LI per arc. He should not be a monk or constantly simping for Storm.

  12. #717
    Get Hectic! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    When I do my fan fiction I never freeze...


    Get Hectic!

  13. #718
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Man, I stand by what I said. This isn't a race issue or anything to do with Tchalla being a "monk" no friggin duh he's not some asexual organism, my overall point is that there's no benefit to Tchalla's character to this point of having a love interest in any capacity. The man can get any woman he want's but overall that shouldn't even be in the top 10 priorities of the character, I don't give a fuuuukkk what other comic franchises are doing because it has nothing with the man in the cat suit. Like for real this is no deep philosophical conversation I personally just don't give zero fuks for the love interest thing and after that bs from that x men issue in mid 2020 man I'm over this bull.
    The man can get any woman he wants and yet can't get any woman.

    We all have a-holes and opinions. What you don't care for others may be interested in. The only priority for T'Challa is to have someone who actually gives a frak about him write the solo. And in that solo, he should have an active social life. Period.

  14. #719
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's because some people are only comfortable if black men are portrayed as one Asexual, gay, or if they are in a relationship then it is more likely an interracial relationship. Nothing is wrong with the later two, however, people always seem to scoff at the idea of a black man being in a healthy relationship with a black woman and feel the need to insert dysfunction into it.

    A LI wouldn't define T'Challa, that's a weak and lame excuse not to have one for him. No comic book hero is ever defined by a LI. How many heroes do we see how have relationships, or hook ups without issue, but for T'Challa all of a sudden they will define him so he needs to ride solo like he has been doing since AvX, and is only ever allowed to have something when Storm happens to drop by (and even then more often than not she is shade throwing and he just takes it) before he is back to going solo player.

    I don't care what anyone says, the 3 most important characters in the book should be T'Challa, the Villain, and the LI. With T'Challa standing clearly above those two
    And what pisses me off is when a black man is portrayed gay it's either he's an undercover brother who hates himself or the gayest gay that could gay.

    It's like damn yo, there are gay POC who aren't a caricature

  15. #720
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It doesn't have to be a serious thing, he can be in a casual relationship. T'Challa isn't a monk, he's a Panther.
    Oh I have no problem with casual. I just don't want anything serious.
    The one thing that this silly MCU fanfiction could of corrected and mastered was the Panther/Storm marriage. The casual audience would have loved it and there are no xwriters to get away with sabotage. Maybe Shuri and Storm can be a thing since shes gonna absorb all of his qualities and stories in Cooglers Version.
    Last edited by Ekie; 01-23-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •