Page 350 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400450850 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Next book is gonna be called

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

lol

(World of Wakanda would have been a much better title btw, with or withou T'challa)

antman franchise does not take itself seriously

the title is supposed to be ridiculed because it is outrageous lol
    Black Panther: World of Wakanda as the title of the relaunched book would not surprise me lol. It sounds better than Wakanda Forever too, but I get the feeling they’re saving World of Wakanda for the D+ show, especially if it’s focusing on the Dora.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Because as a franchise Ant-Man already opened itself up for ridicule however the inclusion of Kang as the main villain might change that.
    I don't see how Ant-Man is more ridiculous in concept than Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Black Panther: World of Wakanda as the title of the relaunched book would not surprise me lol. It sounds better than Wakanda Forever too, but I get the feeling they’re saving World of Wakanda for the D+ show, especially if it’s focusing on the Dora.
    Would the Dora even be enough to carry a show?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post

I bet it's Kasper

Cop inspired by Wakanda/BP, dons a similar outfit to fight crime

fits a TV show

Villain can be Vlad
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I saw it on Reddit of how they want T'Challa to die by having cancer which will be in line with how Boseman died in real life.

Bro WTF? Why do black people have to be the sacrificial lamb to show that these superheroes can still succumb to death?

Its a fetish at this point. *shrugs*

Right now, for me the title says ‘Black Excellence Forever’, again I’ll have to wait to see what it says about T’Challa.

On the book side I’m not sure what, if anything could earn my interest back.

Astonishing Member

I don't see how Ant-Man is more ridiculous in concept than Spider-Man

If they take inspiration from the Nation Under Our Feet, World of Wakanda, and Wakanda Forever comics, they could probably cobble together 6-8 episodes worth of TV. I think a Dora show is most likely, with Okoye, Ayo, and Aneka as the leads dealing with dissent in their ranks, tribal politics, and internal security threats under the reign of whoever comes to rule Wakanda post-T’Challa.

I think the Dora are a natural way to expand the worldbuilding of Wakanda which is clearly the main attraction for this franchise, while centering female leads which is Disney’s big priority moving forward. I think the interest is there plus Coogler was talking about a Dora spin-off during press runs for the first movie so I think that was always on his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Its a fetish at this point. *shrugs*
    The film execs and some casuals have weird fetishes I tell you.

Comics says no lol.

Typical stuff where people think cool SUPPORT characters who show up for 5 mins magically need their own spin off.

It'll basically be Coogler-Verse Original Series.

They are going to test the MCU brand HARD with Wakanda stuff. We will see how it goes. Well, y'all will see lol. i'll be like 8 months behind.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

I bet it's Kasper

fits a TV show

Villain can be Vlad
    I feel Kasper would probably work better as the lead of an MCU Crew. Him, Akili, Josiah X, and Junta working as agents of the Wakandan government in a gritty espionage series based in New York. With a heavy dosage of Bucky in a few appearances. If they have more than 1 BP-related D+ series that’d be my top choice to follow a hypothetical Dora show. Either that or an anthology following past BP’s.

The problem in BP1 is making the villain into the only character overtly fighting for African-American rights. That didn't entirely sit well with me.

Of course, I still liked T'Challa more, but I felt he got overshadowed in his own movie. At least if it was just Shuri and Okoye in there, it probably wouldn't have been that way so much.

I've heard quite a few people make fun of Quantumania
    Eh my only two issues was T'Challas super genius wasn't clear enough, and the second being that T'Challa, not Nakia should of brought up the idea of opening Wakanda and Nakia should of been the only person to support it. That way it would of worked better against Erik's version which was to colonize while T'Challa was about humanitarianism

I feel Kasper would probably work better as the lead of an MCU Crew. Him, Akili, Josiah X, and Junta working as agents of the Wakandan government in a gritty espionage series based in New York. With a heavy dosage of Bucky in a few appearances. If they have more than 1 BP-related D+ series that’d be my top choice to follow a hypothetical Dora show. Either that or an anthology following past BP’s.
    People love street level shit.

Jump on Kasper early enough and he will be a "thing " before MCU DD, Luke, Punisher, ect.

If you do it right, you can make Kasper a name quickly. He's a nitch the MCU hasn't touched yet.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Real.

I'll keep my (overly negative thoughts) to myself on this title.

[it feels really really really really on the nose]
    I know right.

The Dark Knight was a stupid/on the nose title as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    How is it reading to much? The guy that plays the main character is dead, they won’t recast and now there’s a possibility that we won’t see T’Challa on screen again (and I mean EVER again). So excuse me if I’m just a tad bit bitter.
    Yes Bozeman is no longer with us and there are no current plans to recast, but I highly doubt we NEVER see TChalla ever again. I just don't see that being the case. We know nothing about this movie so I'm just waiting to see more info about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    The font is so big though. How can you not LOL and it's pretty clear what they're trying to do. If Bozeman was alive the movie would not be called wakanda Forever. That's a lazy decision
    Idk man. Marvel being wierd with titles isn't new. I thought far from home was a very strange subtitle. As well as Multiverse of Madness. I could see this working as a normal title.

The font is a bit different. I think Marvel just doesn't want to falsely advertise. I think its safe to assume that TChalla is not going to be a major presence in this film, or if he is they have some shenanigans planned and don't want us to know yet, multiverse etc wise.

Ultimate Member

I bet it's Kasper

fits a TV show

Villain can be Vlad
    I can see Kasper in a role, although why would he be the main role in a Wakanda show? If anything, I feel he fits BP:WF more

If they take inspiration from the Nation Under Our Feet, World of Wakanda, and Wakanda Forever comics, they could probably cobble together 6-8 episodes worth of TV. I think a Dora show is most likely, with Okoye, Ayo, and Aneka as the leads dealing with dissent in their ranks, tribal politics, and internal security threats under the reign of whoever comes to rule Wakanda post-T’Challa.

I think the Dora are a natural way to expand the worldbuilding of Wakanda which is clearly the main attraction for this franchise, while centering female leads which is Disney’s big priority moving forward. I think the interest is there plus Coogler was talking about a Dora spin-off during press runs for the first movie so I think that was always on his mind.
    Most of that storyline dealt with T'Challa in there though. Shuri's the only other Wakandan character aside from T'Challa who really has a lot of storylines in the comics, whereas the Doras are fairly minor characters, although MCU Okoye is very entertaining. I can see Marvel wanting more female focus, but there are a lot of other female Marvel heroes with more lore than this group

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Eh my only two issues was T'Challas super genius wasn't clear enough, and the second being that T'Challa, not Nakia should of brought up the idea of opening Wakanda and Nakia should of been the only person to support it. That way it would of worked better against Erik's version which was to colonize while T'Challa was about humanitarianism
    I agree T'Challa himself should've been pro-humanitarian, considering he's the most non-traditional Wakandan in the comics, and actually was dealing with other nations in the MCU.