Page 723 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 223623673713719720721722723724725726727733773823 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,845 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I realized the power after Boseman passed and how quickly the Pro kill the character and prop up Shuri thing started.
    The Lies spread so quickly it reminded me of trumpism and then a week later Marvel announces that they are going to kill the character for good. Which is why I feel it's important for us to make our voices heard even if it's not going to change anything. Companies are clearly listening the least expensive where they can focus group and avoid bad PR. Online twitter and Facebook reaction. Thats how James Gunn both lost amd got his job back.

Companies only care about Money and the PR involved in it
    I'll continue to insist that I plan on down voting this new movie that facilitates the erasure of King T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I agree, I don’t want T’Challa to share either. But given the high level of MCU synergy they’ve done with Shuri already, I just don’t see them not following the MCU’s lead.
    Same. It’s a shame though because her Griot identity really had potential and it allowed her to have something completely unique to her. I’d even say it could even have her be the Nightwing to T’Challas Batman. But unless they secretly have a plan to recast T’Challa via multiverse, Boseman’s passing is really going to have an effect on this entire franchise that no other superhero has ever seen.

No, no. Stay positive. Stay positive.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 08-30-2021 at 11:40 PM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Hit the nail right on the head.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well you have folks would would be FINE with pushing black excellence but there is another group (and we KNOW who they are) that only want black girl magic.
    Because they have been told black men hold them back and oppress them.

When there is money to be made.

As one FAMOUS writer told me-the market for black male books is WIDE open to whoever wants it. There are folks fighting for that but it's hard to get their books on to store shelves. Interesting enough the ones I have seen-the writers are WHITE MALES and the black boys are not ghetto stereotypes. Not fake woke. Just black boys living.
    White Males are also the ones deciding "Black Girl Magic" is more profitable than "Black Boy Joy" so it is what it is. I still dunno why some people are directing their anger at the ones who are not in power and are not responsible for the decisions fans are hating so much. Like no one should be asking Hannah Beechler about why they're erasing Chad's work, she's only the designer, you should direct that to Feige lol. Coogler, but I don't think he's on social media. Start holding the people who actually in control, accountable.
    Last edited by Lord Morph; 08-31-2021 at 01:38 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post

Hit the nail right on the head.
    Harsh, and obvious truth is that Hollywood doesn't care about comic book fans. Comic book fans are not the ones solely responsible for the billion dollar worldwide revenue each year from these films. It's the casual masses who have never opened a comic in their life. CBFans' opinions may carry weight and have some impact in a small corner like the world of comic books, but the massive global industry like film? nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    White Males are also the ones deciding "Black Girl Magic" is more profitable than "Black Boy Joy" so it is what it is. I still dunno why some people are directing their anger at the ones who are not in power and are not responsible for the decisions fans are hating so much. Like no one should be asking Hannah Beechler about why they're erasing Chad's work, she's only the designer, you should direct that to Feige lol. Coogler, but I don't think he's on social media. Start holding the people who actually in control, accountable.
    Coogler is not on any kind of social media what so ever. So it might be difficult reaching him. Feige and the others, not so much.

And has anyone noticed that Feige isn’t as vocal about not recasting as he was previously and has been saying they’ve all been following Cooglers lead on all this? I’m usually not one to get into conspiracy theories, but it kinda seeming like he’s positioning Coogler to take the heat if things don’t work out.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 08-31-2021 at 02:20 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    White Males are also the ones deciding "Black Girl Magic" is more profitable than "Black Boy Joy" so it is what it is.
    I don't think this bears out statistically. Just a quick search...

- talent agency CAA found that of the top 10 grossing films in 2016, 47 percent of the opening-weekend audience was made up of people of color

- The audience for "Black Panther" was 65 percent non-white

- Captain Marvel ranks alongside Black Panther and Ant-Man and the Wasp for having the smallest gender divide among audiences for films in the Marvel Comics Universe franchise, with a weekend crowd that was 55% male and 45% female

And if you meant "blame white males in power..." Coogler never said anything different. The black cast never said anything different. Hell, only Martin seemed to even hint that this was weird lol.

I think passing the buck to the boogyman White Male is correct in this instance.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

If T’Challa and Shuri decided to be a part of one of the Divine Nine, which orgs could you see them in? I think T’Challa would undoubtedly be in Alpha Phi Alpha. And Shuri would probably be in Alpha Kappa Alpha or Sigma Gamma Rho.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't think this bears out statistically. Just a quick search...

- talent agency CAA found that of the top 10 grossing films in 2016, 47 percent of the opening-weekend audience was made up of people of color

- The audience for "Black Panther" was 65 percent non-white

- Captain Marvel ranks alongside Black Panther and Ant-Man and the Wasp for having the smallest gender divide among audiences for films in the Marvel Comics Universe franchise, with a weekend crowd that was 55% male and 45% female

And if you meant "blame white males in power..." Coogler never said anything different. The black cast never said anything different. Hell, only Martin seemed to even hint that this was weird lol.

I think passing the buck to the boogyman White Male is correct in this instance.
    In this case it's more about division. Again people ranted on and on about how BP better not put black men vs black women, movie drops and shows Black excellence on both sides people for the sequel immediately call for Black men to take a back seat and let a Black women have their time to shine. Chad passes and this gets pushed harder. Coogler and co are obviously hurting and Disney didn't give them any time to grieve. Hence we have a MASSIVE mistake in the pipeline. We all know what happens when the person who's name is in the title gets sidelined for supporting cast...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Coogler is not on any kind of social media what so ever. So it might be difficult reaching him. Feige and the others, not so much.

And has anyone noticed that Feige isn’t as vocal about not recasting as he was previously and has been saying they’ve all been following Cooglers lead on all this? I’m usually not one to get into conspiracy theories, but it kinda seeming like he’s positioning Coogler to take the heat if things don’t work out.
    I am going to speculate a whole bunch about people I don't know from Adam.

Chadwick Boseman's tragic death took everyone by surprise. Usually (one would hope) the affected's family and friends would offer any support they could.

Mr Boseman for reasons of his own wasn't having any of that...keeping his diagnosis so secret that even Marvel Studios didn't know what was happening with him.

So I'm really not surprised that Coogler who considered himself Mr. Boseman's friend is taking the tribute route with this film.

He maybe really wants to do something for the man in death since Boseman wouldn't let anyone outside of family do anything for him when he was alive. I can imagine much of the cast feeling the same way.

The Stockholders want a movie by 2022 no later. That is all they care about. They tend to sue when they don't get things in a timely manner ( again see video game development to see examples of this).

Feige needs to appease the stockholders and has work with the creatives to somehow produce a movie on deadline. Or Else.

If the Black Panther is T'Challa or Shuri or Kasper Cole probably makes no difference to him at this point. These are the people who made Ant Man a successful franchise. They figure they can pull it off either way. Marvel Studios got blindsided by Boseman's death and now they have to adapt on the fly. If there is a vocal movement to not recast and the creatives are part of that movement, that is the way they are gonna go.

Coogler isn't on social media so he doesn't have to listen to comic book peeps. Feige IS on social media but since comic book peeps tend to find reason to be mad at even overwhelming successes like Avengers Endgame ( "You ruined Hulk..What's with Fat Thor!") he probably takes all criticism with a grain of salt. Frankly, If I had Fieige's success rate I wouldn't listen to anybody either.

I don't see a conspiracy I see a bunch of different groups trying to make the best of a horrible situation that they didn't expect.

None of these groups are strictly speaking comic book people, that's the issue.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 08-31-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    Would James Bond fans flock out in droves to see a movie with a dead James Bond starring M, Q, Moneypenny and Leiter? Just asking.
    I would. It would be the most unpredictable movie in the series.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I am going to speculate a whole bunch about people I don't know from Adam.

Chadwick Boseman's tragic death took everyone by surprise. Usually (one would hope) the affected's family and friends would offer any support they could.

Mr Boseman for reasons of his own wasn't having any of that...keeping his diagnosis so secret that even Marvel Studios didn't know what was happening with him.

So I'm really not surprised that Coogler who considered himself Mr. Boseman's friend is taking the tribute route with this film.

He maybe really wants to do something for the man in death since Boseman wouldn't let anyone outside of family do anything for him when he was alive. I can imagine much of the cast feeling the same way.

The Stockholders want a movie by 2022 no later. That is all they care about. They tend to sue when they don't get things in a timely manner ( again see video game development to see examples of this).

Feige needs to appease the stockholders and has work with the creatives to somehow produce a movie on deadline. Or Else.

If the Black Panther is T'Challa or Shuri or Kasper Cole probably makes no difference to him at this point. These are the people who made Ant Man a successful franchise. They figure they can pull it off either way. Marvel Studios got blindsided by Boseman's death and now they have to adapt on the fly. If there is a vocal movement to not recast and the creatives are part of that movement, that is the way they are gonna go.

Coogler isn't on social media so he doesn't have to listen to comic book peeps. Feige IS on social media but since comic book peeps tend to find reason to be mad at even overwhelming successes like Avengers Endgame ( "You ruined Hulk..What's with Fat Thor!") he probably takes all criticism with a grain of salt. Frankly, If I had Fieige's success rate I wouldn't listen to anybody either.

I don't see a conspiracy I see a bunch of different groups trying to make the best of a horrible situation that they didn't expect.

None of these groups are strictly speaking comic book people, that's the issue.
    Unfortunately this is too reasonable of a take for this thread right now.

Jungle Cruise just got a sequel announced despite $187 mil WW + whatever Disney Plus made.

on a 200 million budget.

there is zero chance BP2 fails lol. The bar is LOW right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

My brain just can't wrap about "honoring" Chadwick by murdering the character he seemed to put a lot of effort into. That just seems so... backwards.

"We are going to honor him by eliminating any memory of the dude" lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Unfortunately this is too reasonable of a take for this thread right now.
    anger + bargaining is a hell of a drug.

All the homies need to join me in depression + acceptance lol.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The multiverse is open. Just campaign for a variant of T’Challa from this point on. Lol.

In the meantime can they PLEASE give us an update on the comics? We need at least one W.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...d-aaron-kuder/

Imagine that, the comics copying the movies.

I didn't see any mention of BP in this "Avengers Forevever" Multiverse shennanigans but at least Aaron is writing it.

Unfortunately, multiverse shenanigans + Aaron makes me think we might get "silly goofy" Aaron instead of "serious" Aaron....