Page 239 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339739 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Kevin Samuels sipping on that red bull.
    I'm just saying a T'Challa in real life would be WORSE than KS. Not that I WANT T'Challa to be like that.....

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    TBH, getting rid of Monica Lynne was a mistake.

She may have been "boring" but so are Lois Lane and MJ.

She should have been the Queen.

Storm should have been the unspoken thing in the past that Monica felt threatened by but both Storm and T'challa would never do anything with.

Then insert the Catwoman type for the past that loves rubbing it in Monica's face that she was around before Monica and there you go.
    Well, "boring" in the sense that they don't have powers, but that's where their personality and relationship with the lead comes in.

I'm just saying Wolverine(again NOT the handsome Huge Jackman movie version) gets MORE ladies than the king of the most advanced nation on Earth and the richest guy on Earth. A guy that would be on Fortune magazine cover multiple time. A guy that Black celebrity(heck even non-Black) culture would constantly talk about. A guy that Forbes would constantly try and measure his wealth. A guy that would make Idris Elba and MBJ non-factors to women. Meanwhile in the Marvel U.... Wolverine(who must women would find gross) is getting more play than T'Challa and even wooed his ex-wife.

Let that sink in..........

Edit:
    And yes, I am going there.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Me neither. I'm not down with the Noble negro Syndrome but I don't want T'Challa having a bunch of "women in waiting" for him when he needs relief. Totally uncool.

He should have relations and relationships no doubt but a harem is totally unnecessary and unneeded.
    Exactly. Someone like T'Challa doesn't need a harem. He'd be able to get most to any woman he wants. It's part of his appeal as a good looking black man, who happens to be a king and the wealthiest character in all of fiction. This man is not struggling to "get some".

That being said, in recent memory the only black character who I recall getting some is Luke Cage. IIRC he had Jessica Jones, Misty Knight and Claire Temple and had Cassington Freeman's Patricia Wilson wanting that indestructible magic stick. T'Challa is the last person that should be slacking in the women department.

Look at James Bond. The so called gentleman spy, his global sexcapades is his most defining attribute.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    I'm just saying a T'Challa in real life would be WORSE than KS. Not that I WANT T'Challa to be like that.....
    Lol I agree.

Exactly. Someone like T'Challa doesn't need a harem. He'd be able to get most to any woman he wants. It's part of his appeal as a good looking black man, who happens to be a king and the wealthiest character in all of fiction. This man is not struggling to "get some".

That being said, in recent memory the only black character who I recall getting some is Luke Cage. IIRC he had Jessica Jones, Misty Knight and Claire Temple and had Cassington Freeman's Patricia Wilson wanting that indestructible magic stick. T'Challa is the last person that should be slacking in the women department.

Look at James Bond. The so called gentleman spy, his global sexcapades is his most defining attribute.

I wouldn't saying having a harem means he is "struggling" to get women. I doubt Mansa Musa was "struggling" to get some. A harem can just be multiple wives. But more importantly we don't want him to have a harem because it would be damaging to the character for all types of reasons and like someone said would give those with agendas(Coates) to justify molesting the Black Panther mythos.

Incredible Member

I'm not saying having a harem means he's struggling to get women. I'm just pointing out that he doesn't need to have one ESPECIALLY when he's a man who has no trouble getting them. T'Challa for all intents and purposes is a woman's fantasy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    TBH, getting rid of Monica Lynne was a mistake.

She may have been "boring" but so are Lois Lane and MJ.

She should have been the Queen.

Storm should have been the unspoken thing in the past that Monica felt threatened by but both Storm and T'challa would never do anything with.

Then insert the Catwoman type for the past that loves rubbing it in Monica's face that she was around before Monica and there you go.
    This guy gets it. All they had to do was revamp Monica and make her go global. She started out as a social worker turned C-list jazz singer. Ok, now she’s a humanitarian with a thriving music career who owns multiple properties across the world. She’s a globe trotting star who ties into T’Challa’s world of espionage and may have a few hidden connections to the CIA or whatever through her dad. Lois and MJ aren’t boring IMO.

They’re badass even though they can’t fight alongside their men and they’ve gotten to that point by being reinvented and elevated while bringing some new insight into the characters they’re ultimately designed to support. Writers saw how stale Monica was and never looked back or try to do anything new. I get the appeal of a black power couple thing between T’Challa and some other superpowered woman but really I think Monica fits the best as the primary love interest, especially as far as humanizing him is concerned but that could just be my bias lol.

But I’d honestly be fine with any of the others in that role, with the exception of Adrienne Brashear since she’s from another franchise. Nightshade at least is a freelancer so even though I think she fits better as the Catwoman archetype I think there’s a realistic chance a BP writer could annex her into the mythos entirely.

I'm not saying having a harem means he's struggling to get women. I'm just pointing out that he doesn't need to have one ESPECIALLY when he's a man who has no trouble getting them. T'Challa for all intents and purposes is a woman's fantasy.
    Yeah, T'Challa is a charming, good-looking guy with wealth so women should be drawn to him like a magnet no problem.

The biggest problems with this are:

1. T'Challa having a consistent ongoing

2. Writings not using all the supporting characters.

3. Writers want to give T'Challa that Noble Negro Syndrome.

I know T'Challa would be every Black women's fantasy come true and would be an icon.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This guy gets it. All they had to do was revamp Monica and make her go global. She started out as a social worker turned C-list jazz singer. Ok, now she’s a humanitarian with a thriving music career who owns multiple properties across the world. She’s a globe trotting star who ties into T’Challa’s world of espionage and may have a few hidden connections to the CIA or whatever through her dad. Lois and MJ aren’t boring IMO.

They’re badass even though they can’t fight alongside their men and they’ve gotten to that point by being reinvented and elevated while bringing some new insight into the characters they’re ultimately designed to support. Writers saw how stale Monica was and never looked back or try to do anything new. I get the appeal of a black power couple thing between T’Challa and some other superpowered woman but really I think Monica fits the best as the primary love interest, especially as far as humanizing him is concerned but that could just be my bias lol.

But I’d honestly be fine with any of the others in that role, with the exception of Adrienne Brashear since she’s from another franchise. Nightshade at least is a freelancer so even though I think she fits better as the Catwoman archetype I think there’s a realistic chance a BP writer could annex her into the mythos entirely.
    T'Challa and Ororo look good together but they were forced. And I like your idea with Monica. And what do you mean Adrienne Brashear is from another franchise?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    T'Challa and Ororo look good together but they were forced. And I like your idea with Monica. And what do you mean Adrienne Brashear is from another franchise?
    Adreinne is the daughter of a superhero from a completely different world than T’Challa. Blue Marvel may be owned by the Avengers office but outside a couple of interactions and their shared membership on Ultimates, him and T’Challa don’t have much to do with one another and that creates a permanent conflict of interest for Adrienne in terms of editorial control. Let’s say Blue Marvel becomes a hit in the MCU and the comics start seriously investing in him, whoever writes his book might want to do a story with him and his daughter and that may conflict or alter what the Black Panther books want to do with her and T’Challa.

It’s a recipe for the same contrived writing we saw with Storm in AvX and more recently in X of Swords. Cross franchises romances do not work because the two characters are always gonna be in a confusing place editorially. Adrienne works better as a hook up because there’s far less commitment from the Black Panther writers and it doesn’t set them up to have to collaborate or bend to the plans of writers from other franchises.

Nightshade doesn’t pose that problem because she’s a freelancer character, she pretty much shows up wherever writers want to use her which isn’t that often. She’s a low priority borderline D-list character who I don’t think has been used since a tie-in in Secret Empire circa 2017. Even though she’s not technically controlled by the BP books, she could easily be annexed into the mythos if a writer really invested in her as the primary live interest of T’Challa. I don’t see that happening with Adrienne since Blue Marvel is probably gonna get pushed at some time in the future and she’s more of his supporting character than T’Challa’s. To me a primary love interest should be completely under the control of the Black Panther writers.

Really makes you wonder what the point of nuNakia was, other than to isht on T'Challa. Coulda been the one good thing Coates actually contributed to the mythos (he doesn't get credit for stelfreeze aesthetics) but he ruined it on some Storm bs that got torpedoed on a 2nd rate x book after wasting years, precious panel time, and feats on. She is dead weight now and just a leech to the Mythos

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Really makes you wonder what the point of nuNakia was, other than to isht on T'Challa.
    At a guess? To tease that he was going to incorporate MCU-like characters into the plot and stop hemorrhaging readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Really makes you wonder what the point of nuNakia was, other than to isht on T'Challa. Coulda been the one good thing Coates actually contributed to the mythos (he doesn't get credit for stelfreeze aesthetics) but he ruined it on some Storm bs that got torpedoed on a 2nd rate x book after wasting years, precious panel time, and feats on. She is dead weight now and just a leech to the Mythos
    NuNakia was Coates tryingto exploit Nakia from the movies, same as NuM'Baku. He didn't make it work.