Page 165 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Honestly? I think he was trying to emulate Ed Bruker. Bruker brought back one of the most revered characters in Captain America history and made him into a badass assassin with a cool name that people went crazy over in a good way.

Coates triedto do the same thing with Peggy Carter, a character that no one really cared about in the comics and maybe slightly moreso in the movies. He tried to give her a cool name(Dryad? WTF?), linked her to an organization of superspy women that no one knew existed or cared that they did(Sounds like The Crew) and tried to make Sharon Carter the real hero and gave her a suit of armor too(Sound familiar Midnight Angels?).

Meanwhile, Steve went to prison.
    I think Coates is definitely trying to emulate the Brubaker run hard (why else would Lukin be so relevant?).

If only he felt Priest, Liss, and Hudlin were worth emulating for Black Panther (not that I think it would be all that much better, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Coates is definitely trying to emulate the Brubaker run hard (why else would Lukin be so relevant?).

If only he felt Priest, Liss, and Hudlin were worth emulating for Black Panther (not that I think it would be all that much better, but still).
    Yeah, that too.

If he ever tried to follow in the footsteps of Priest, Hudlin or Liss, then he would have gotten a much better reception from longtime BP fans as well as have some new followers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Its a damn shame black people with this many followers on twiter would tweet something like this.
    https://twitter.com/EricDJuly/status...40141196673028

You're undercutting him before he even starts on the project. Why do we do this? Its one thing on a fan forum, but twitter? Really?
    His beard dusty and he is well a I can't say because I know I'll get banned.. freak that dude he can go to see hades.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, that too.

If he ever tried to follow in the footsteps of Priest, Hudlin or Liss, then he would have gotten a much better reception from longtime BP fans as well as have some new followers.
    Thing is, he could write a decent T'Challa when he wanted to. Like when he had T'Challa fighting klaw in S2 or the initial start of S3 when he took out the redshirts and took out those fighter ships... But he would always go back to his deflated ways without fail after a semi okay issue

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So one should be rewarded for poor shitty work with bigger projects while legit writers of skill get passed over? The guy is right. Coates fictional writing is ****. Digi posted a review of a science fiction book he worked on for a decade and the review have the exact same issue with that book that was said about his BP run. Poor characters, bad plot and trying to over compensate the bad story telling by being overly wordy
    All of this. And normally I disagree with Eric July on 99% of things (especially considering politics), but he hit the nail right on the head here. Shitty writers should not be rewarded. Period.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Yall trying too hard calling Coates a shitty writer. Trying way too hard. Why did yall keep reading if he was THAT bad?

No he was into deconstruction and went a different path and not the T'Challa you wanted. That doesnt automatically make it shitty.

The irony is thats the same route they went with the new Superman. And now people are upset he's leaving.

Yall trying too hard calling Coates a shitty writer. Trying way too hard. Why did yall keep reading if he was THAT bad?

No he was into deconstruction and went a different path and not the T'Challa you wanted. That doesnt automatically make it shitty.

The irony is thats the same route they went with the new Superman. And now people are upset he's leaving.
    These arguments are always odd.

Q: why are we complaining about a tchalla that has little basis in marvels historical presentation of the character.

A: because it aint Tchalla in our opinion which is based in historical presentations of the character. Coats could paint him and give him ironman armor while having it still be again..doesnt make it tchalla or above critic. Art is not art without critic. This is why reviewers exist.

Q: why complain when you are reading the book?
    A: America. Also..i havnt bought a single issue.
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-27-2021 at 12:34 AM.

Ultimate Member

I won't call him a shitty writer.

I don't feel his approach is ideal for superheroes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I won't call him a shitty writer.

I don't feel his approach is ideal for superheroes at all.
    My thoughts exactly.

Same way some movie directors are only suited for a particular type of genre.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    what is the obsession with marrying T'Challa off? I've never understood this.
    I'd say it's more "what is the obsession with shipping?" then anything more specific.

Many of us have explained over and over why we think his story telling ability in fiction is terrible.

THis is a comic board. Maybe his non fiction novel he got famous for is fine. I don't know, I don't care lol. I've read some of his articles when he wrote more and found them fine. Didn't agree with everything he said but the writing was just fine.

Every single story of his in the comic media with his name attached has been unenjoyable to read. BP, Crew, the little of Captain America I read. They all read the same, they all have the same storytelling flaws. He hasn't improved story to story, if anything his flaws were magnified as Black Panther Season 1 was easily the best story he has written.

But this is what always happens.

People who don't like coates: Here are 100000 reasons we don't like it over 100 pages of this thread.

Person who likes coates: YOU JUST WANT SUPER TCHALLA!

Other Person who likes Coates: HES BLACK READ IT ANYWAY!

Other Person who likes Coates: You guys can't even give reasons!

People who don't like Coates: but... we gave reasons for the last 10 pages wth?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    what is the obsession with marrying T'Challa off? I've never understood this.
    It wouldn't be a big deal if he wasn't a King. But I tend to agree with Hudlin, one of the Kings MOST important duties is to produce an Heir and a Spare. Hard to do that without a Queen. But then again if he had a Heir to the throne I'd probably be more content with him being single. (Shuri doesn't count because she doesn't have kids either).

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Major Scooper Daniel Richtman posted this

He's as legit as they come. Obviously, Stark isnt coming back, but the Namor drop is interesting. Sad cause T'Challa would have been there as well if they really are doing the Illuminati.

Major Scooper Daniel Richtman posted this

He's as legit as they come. Obviously, Stark isnt coming back, but the Namor drop is interesting. Sad cause T'Challa would have been there as well if they really are doing the Illuminati.
    The first Illuminati didn't have Tchalla. He's the one who told then they shouldn't be trying to do what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The first Illuminati didn't have Tchalla. He's the one who told then they shouldn't be trying to do what they did.
    Obviously ain't gonna be the comic team anyway.

Marvel aint gonna have 7 white dudes secretly try to run the world lol.

Gonna have to race bend a bit (black reed, asian Namor) and add a woman or two at the minimum.

Hell, in the MCU, Fury putting together the Illuminati makes the most sense. Monica already works for a shady ass govt organizations (SWORD) so adding her could work too.

I feel like the only one that HAS to be there is Strange. His role as sorcerer supreme makes the most sense. He already works in the shadows so to speak.

But yeah, this has nothing to do with BP since t'challa is gone. Taking L after L.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html