Page 505 of 656 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555605 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 9832
  1. #7561
    Astonishing Member Dboi654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think it's not unreasonable to wonder how he'll die in the MCU. I didn't watch the whole video because I thought it might be clickbait
    A major black death being the most important discussion in a sequel for one of the most successful movies ever does not sit well with me. We already see black people tortured in slave movies, killed in real life for things they didn't do, discriminated against, etc. Now T'Challa might fall into that trend of black misery or used sacrificial lamb for the "greater good" when they could have done something else, assuming the rumors are true

    It might not bother some of you but it damn well bothers me.

  2. #7562
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    9,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    A major black death being the most important discussion in a sequel for one of the most successful movies ever does not sit well with me. We already see black people tortured in slave movies, killed in real life for things they didn't do, discriminated against, etc. Now T'Challa might fall into that trend of black misery or used sacrificial lamb for the "greater good" when they could have done something else, assuming the rumors are true

    It might not bother some of you but it damn well bothers me.
    I can understand why it bothers you. I don't think that's exactly what's happening here though. I think it's just a prominent topic. For me, I'm more interested in what the plot will be, who the main characters will be and how it all might connect to other MCU projects, so I'm not really focused on this particular topic

  3. #7563
    Incredible Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Is anything Black Panther related hitting the shelves tomorrow? I’m buying if it is.

  4. #7564
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I can understand why it bothers you. I don't think that's exactly what's happening here though. I think it's just a prominent topic. For me, I'm more interested in what the plot will be, who the main characters will be and how it all might connect to other MCU projects, so I'm not really focused on this particular topic
    Without your anchor or tie to the MCU, it's kinda moot. None of these characters are set up to take over or have the draw or the significant history behind them. That's what people seem to be missing. T'Challa isnt just "some Black character" his historical relevance and creation are extremely important and that isn't something that his supporting cast can just pick up and carry on without issue. T'Challa IS the most important Black fictional character of all time

  5. #7565
    Incredible Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Without your anchor or tie to the MCU, it's kinda moot. None of these characters are set up to take over or have the draw or the significant history behind them. That's what people seem to be missing. T'Challa isnt just "some Black character" his historical relevance and creation are extremely important and that isn't something that his supporting cast can just pick up and carry on without issue. T'Challa IS the most important Black fictional character of all time

    My prediction is Black Panther 2 will be somewhat of a flop (compared to Black Panther) and they’ll recast TChalla for Black Panther 3. I see it coming a mile away, people aren’t as naive as some may think. We know who the star of the franchise is, and so do non-comic readers. I for damn sure am not going to get amped up about seeing Shuri in the suit. This is almost going to play out perfectly for Feige to see how important the character is. It just sucks that we lost Chadwick in the process. I still think they went a little to humble and kind hearted with TChalla under Chadwick.

    I wanted to explore more of the vengeful and fearsome side of TChalla under Boseman. Make him more of a unique hero and not so much of a boy-scout like Cap.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 06-15-2021 at 03:52 PM.

  6. #7566
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Without your anchor or tie to the MCU, it's kinda moot. None of these characters are set up to take over or have the draw or the significant history behind them. That's what people seem to be missing. T'Challa isnt just "some Black character" his historical relevance and creation are extremely important and that isn't something that his supporting cast can just pick up and carry on without issue. T'Challa IS the most important Black fictional character of all time
    You kill him off-you can EXPECT a box office bomb and you might want to worry about black folks taking it out on other Marvel projects. Star Wars A Solo story says hi. Hatred for Finn and Rose got that film more than any flaws it had.

    And don't let a Static movie get made-don't think folks won't try to make that the top grossing solo movie since Static is owned by black folks.

  7. #7567
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    13,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Is anything Black Panther related hitting the shelves tomorrow? I’m buying if it is.
    Might be something in Heroes Reborn but I'm not following that.

  8. #7568
    Incredible Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    IF there was a problem with T'challa's screen time (I think it was fine personally, especially considering there should be a trilogy.... :/ )... it was because he got killed off in the middle of it. So the main character disappeared in the middle of the movie.

    But I don't know how you "fix" that since that lead to some really good development for the villain (something marvel sucks at sometimes) as well as tchalla's second trip to the djalia which was powerful as hell.
    There is an irony about that. Marvel had the strength to remove its hero for that long and give us a couple of the greatest MCU moments during that time. (Killmonger/N'Jobu scene, burning everything down, throne walk). Then follow it up with the most bold move (2nd trip for T'Challa) a hero's ever done in the MCU (imo) and have an iconic "he lives" moment. I still think they should have used the trailer boss like walk. Though I understand they needed the effects.

    The issue is (and I wont know until I see the film) is that Marvel took that time away without T'Challa and are trying to make a full movie out of that. Its like running the wildcat package...nah thats a disservice...zone read option and trying to make it your full offense. Risky as hell and not sure it can last for 4 Qrts

    *Sorry for the football references yall*

    T'Challa held everything together so when you remove that you're really playing with fire. This is a talented group behind and in front of the screen though.

  9. #7569
    Incredible Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Might be something in Heroes Reborn but I'm not following that.
    Ok thanks I’ll check

  10. #7570
    Astonishing Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Without your anchor or tie to the MCU, it's kinda moot. None of these characters are set up to take over or have the draw or the significant history behind them. That's what people seem to be missing. T'Challa isnt just "some Black character" his historical relevance and creation are extremely important and that isn't something that his supporting cast can just pick up and carry on without issue. T'Challa IS the most important Black fictional character of all time
    THIS, ...is the thing I have so much venom for. People went nuts, and turned out for T'Challa...The Black Panther! Remove any one of the side characters, and he still goes on as the most important fact in the mythos. I for one could care less about making a statement for black female characters. I'm not concerned about Coogler's emotional connection to Chadwick, and at the end of the day if Feige left the decision to Coogler and he proceeded to write out T'Challa, then they should have sat him down and brought in a different director. Let's not act like Hollywood doesn't do this all the time. Not here for any other "agenda" of any kind. Taking the character out of his own story is just trash. We don't see any other Marvel main character just snatched out their place.

  11. #7571
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    19,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Is anything Black Panther related hitting the shelves tomorrow? Iím buying if it is.
    Solo book is waiting until August.

    Avengers is sidelines until I guess Heroes Reborn is done.

    Mech Avengers next issue doesn't come out until the 30th I think.

    so unless T'challa shows up in another X-book thing, we got nothign except maybe Heroes Reborn thing

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    There is an irony about that. Marvel had the strength to remove its hero for that long and give us a couple of the greatest MCU moments during that time. (Killmonger/N'Jobu scene, burning everything down, throne walk). Then follow it up with the most bold move (2nd trip for T'Challa) a hero's ever done in the MCU (imo) and have an iconic "he lives" moment. I still think they should have used the trailer boss like walk. Though I understand they needed the effects.

    The issue is (and I wont know until I see the film) is that Marvel took that time away without T'Challa and are trying to make a full movie out of that. Its like running the wildcat package...nah thats a disservice...zone read option and trying to make it your full offense. Risky as hell and not sure it can last for 4 Qrts

    *Sorry for the football references yall*

    T'Challa held everything together so when you remove that you're really playing with fire. This is a talented group behind and in front of the screen though.
    And if one of those scenes would have flopped, the movie would have felt like it dragged.

    They just had so much talent they could hold it together.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  12. #7572
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    There is an irony about that. Marvel had the strength to remove its hero for that long and give us a couple of the greatest MCU moments during that time. (Killmonger/N'Jobu scene, burning everything down, throne walk). Then follow it up with the most bold move (2nd trip for T'Challa) a hero's ever done in the MCU (imo) and have an iconic "he lives" moment. I still think they should have used the trailer boss like walk. Though I understand they needed the effects.

    The issue is (and I wont know until I see the film) is that Marvel took that time away without T'Challa and are trying to make a full movie out of that. Its like running the wildcat package...nah thats a disservice...zone read option and trying to make it your full offense. Risky as hell and not sure it can last for 4 Qrts

    *Sorry for the football references yall*

    T'Challa held everything together so when you remove that you're really playing with fire. This is a talented group behind and in front of the screen though.
    Think about the importance of that line "He lives" it's more than T'Challa surviving for the movies sake it's also a deeper meaning that Black audience needs to hear, that they aren't just tragedies waiting to be killed off and such. Followed by Chad's line about how he is not dead? Now how much of a gur punch do they want by having these powerful scene's just to kill T'Challa off in the sequel? That would be stupid. T'Challa holds the franchise together, without him there is now Black Panther, there is no story without him. Especially now because he story just began

  13. #7573
    Incredible Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    552

    Default

    I just went back and looked through Heroes Reborn issue #5 with TChalla. Another good showing for him. Nobody wanted to bring up the fact that TChalla cut right through an Adamantium Hawkarang with what I’m assuming was Anarctic Vibranium? Or did I just miss the discussion in here? He also showed off more of his suits capabilities.

  14. #7574
    Incredible Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Solo book is waiting until August.

    Avengers is sidelines until I guess Heroes Reborn is done.

    Mech Avengers next issue doesn't come out until the 30th I think.

    so unless T'challa shows up in another X-book thing, we got nothign except maybe Heroes Reborn thing



    And if one of those scenes would have flopped, the movie would have felt like it dragged.

    They just had so much talent they could hold it together.
    Nice! I’d recommend checking out his appearance in HR issue #5 where he encounters Nighthawk. Nighthawk is a like-able character.

  15. #7575
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    19,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I just went back and looked through Heroes Reborn issue #5 with TChalla. Another good showing for him. Nobody wanted to bring up the fact that TChalla cut right through an Adamantium Hawkarang with what I’m assuming was Anarctic Vibranium? Or did I just miss the discussion in here? He also showed off more of his suits capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Nice! I’d recommend checking out his appearance in HR issue #5 where he encounters Nighthawk. Nighthawk is a like-able character.
    I think no one talked about it much because it doesn't seem many are reading the book.

    Plus, it is alternate reality tchalla, so the feats don't count lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •