Page 369 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419469869 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So, not even booty calls on Wakanda Wireless?
    Nope, that’s what Zanda’s for lol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That’s true. But even with T’Challa gone I still think there’s a possibility she shows up in BP2. Maybe at his funeral (assuming he gets killed off) or just in an end credit scene where they reference how she’s an “old friend”. But T’Challa being gone almost guarantees she ends up with Wolverine so hopefully once that happens on the big screen the comics synergize and permanently keep those characters together. That way T’Challa can finally be free to be with someone else.
    I don't see Storm and Wolverine being a couple in the movies

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Monica Lynne = Beyonce
    As in Beyonce play Monica?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They need Storm broken up from Panther anyway so they can be ready to pivot when MCU X-men are ready to go.

With T'chadwick gone, that small chance there would be storm in BP2 is gone too. No reason to hint at it anymore.

#teamBeyonce lol
    I guess that’s one positive of this unfortunate situation. Too bad space Nakia is dead, but since this is comics there’s always a chance she can come back.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I guess that’s one positive of this unfortunate situation. Too bad space Nakia is dead, but since this is comics there’s always a chance she can come back.
    I'm still baffled that they killed regular Nakia, and then killed space Nakia. WTF?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm still baffled that they killed regular Nakia, and then killed space Nakia. WTF?
    Killing off the original Nakia was a good idea. Damaged goods that messed up the Dora institution and made T’Challa look bad. She should stay dead and be forgotten. Killing off the version designed to replace her and channel the MCU was stupid.

It wouldn’t take much to reveal that she actually survived though. But honestly I don’t think Nakia made such a strong impression to demand a proper version of her in the comics so I’m fine if Ridley or whoever had a different love interest in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm not at all familiar with Ridley's comic books and while really good, Cabal's art doesn't excite me. That said...I'm happy for a new Black Panther book so I'll wait and see what more they tell us and preview before making any judgments and decisions.
    I'll say this. I'm happy that Marvel is letting Black People write Black characters. (Im Black btw lol). But I wish Marvel would get a comic book writer to write the series. In case you don't know the difference:

Redjacket, Priest , Hudlin = Comic Book Writers

Coates, Ridley = Writers who WRITES COMIC BOOKS .

BIG DIFFERENCE. Overall I really only heavily enjoyed season 1 of Coates run. Everything else was whatever. But I do thing he would excel at a Storm Series and I really hope they give him one.

TBH I enjoyed some of Ridley's comics, but I'm thinking if you didn't care for coates you probably won't like Ridleys run. I'll reserve judgement but thats my prediction.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Just nothing but this weirdo energy.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    I'll say this. I'm happy that Marvel is letting Black People write Black characters. (Im Black btw lol). But I wish Marvel would get a comic book writer to write the series. In case you don't know the difference:

BIG DIFFERENCE. Overall I really only heavily enjoyed season 1 of Coates run. Everything else was whatever. But I do thing he would excel at a Storm Series and I really hope they give him one.

TBH I enjoyed some of Ridley's comics, but I'm thinking if you didn't care for coates you probably won't like Ridleys run. I'll reserve judgement but thats my prediction.
    It's an insult to put them together.

Ridley has had way more experience in doing comics beside Jace Fox. I mean would we throw Gene Yung, David Walker and N.K. Jemisin as writers who write comics books?

Yet all three of them didn't have New Superman, Superman, Green Lantern or Cyborg hunting rape camps or being talked down to by red shirts. Not one said they hated what the franchise they were working stood for.

Does anyone think that Madame Slay could work as a love interest if she was brought back and redeemed? I also think she could be given a power upgrade by taking her ability to control leopards and change it to all animals in general. It helps that Africa has no shortage of animals that can kill you.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Does anyone think that Madame Slay could work as a love interest if she was brought back and redeemed? I also think she could be given a power upgrade by taking her ability to control leopards and change it to all animals in general. It helps that Africa has no shortage of animals that can kill you.
    naw

don't need no redeemed villains. BP needs villains too lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So, not even booty calls on Wakanda Wireless?
    Bruh, would you want to have a booty call from a someone who out hands on your sister, and stole from you? Come on man no WAP is THAT good lol

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

As a frequent visitor to TV Tropes . . . yeah, that sounds about right.

Madame Slay . . . brings back memories. At one point, I had an idea for a next-generation Avengers team set 20 years in the future if Norman Osborn's Dark Reign never ended and I was thinking she and Killmonger would have had a son that, in a twist of dramatic irony, embraced T'Challa's ways and became the new White Tiger (Acolyte of the Panther Cult). He'd have an American English alias of "Derek Slayton," as a nod to his mother. (Yeah, I know.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post

Personally, I don't care about the actual race of the writer, just their talent and ability to tell good, well-written, entertaining stories. But yes, more Black writers and others of Colour in the field is always a positive step in the right direction.
    Going by what I've read of his track-record Ridley seems to have much more experience writing comics than Coates ever had so that's a plus, right there.
    And nothing could be as gawd-awful as what Coates (a Black writer) did to the entire history, nation, God and people and King of Wakanda. *knocks on wood*
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-06-2021 at 06:39 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Can you imagine if a white writer introduced slavery, rape, incompetence and misogyny to Black Panther's franchise?

Yet some celebrate Coats for his "additions" to a character created to upend stereotypes amd trope about black ppl.

When handlers dont "get" the character or his signifigance then its typically a disaster for the lore.

I dont like the idea that white men cant write Tchalla because we know some can. David Liss did it quite well. Marvel should really be careful with landlocking one race or gender into a character. Clearly all black men dont grasp the character and conversely black men are capable of writing non-black characters. Just the laziest form of "equality"
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-06-2021 at 08:32 PM.

Ultimate Member

While that's true, lack of opportunities for Black writers might still be a problem