Page 382 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385386392432482882 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    They held them back long enough for a nuke to new York and directed it into the portal. 6 people held off an entire army for ATLEAST 20 min, including two leviathans and and advanced alien air crafts and laser guns And your going to tell me the most advanced nation on earth whom is also a warrior nation, with superior tech, air support, a shield and a full army can hold off rabid dogs??? That's my problem with IW when it comes to Wakandas treatment. By all accounts the chitauri were a bigger threat by what they brought to the battle then the Black order
    honestly, MCU power levels aren't always consistent.

Ultimate Member

They held them back long enough for a nuke to new York and directed it into the portal. 6 people held off an entire army for ATLEAST 20 min, including two leviathans and and advanced alien air crafts and laser guns And your going to tell me the most advanced nation on earth whom is also a warrior nation, with superior tech, air support, a shield and a full army can hold off rabid dogs??? That's my problem with IW when it comes to Wakandas treatment. By all accounts the chitauri were a bigger threat by what they brought to the battle then the Black order
    Loki's army was ready and prepared to go, with a portal to hide their forces behind. The Avengers beat plenty of soldiers, but all of those were just advance troops meant to secure a beach head.

And while the Avengers did damage that army, they weren't that successful in containing the damage. They saved the world and as many people as they could, but thousands still died.

By the time Thanos got to Wakanda, his forces had been routed and were fleeing. So it's not like Wakanda didn't do some damage, and their city wasn't torn apart to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They kept the range advantage for a while though, and War Machine did a pretty good job of holding the checkpoint until he caught a sucker punch.

But this is a movie, and safe and reliable tactics are boring :P

Plus, virtually all modern tactics are designed with the enemy having a sense of self preservation. If you can mass produce the outriders, make sure they can identify friendlies, then I think they're a more dangerous tool than you give them credit for
    Not when they mindless charge through a kill zone with no sense of strategy and literally run to their deaths.

They also purposely gave up their range advantage. Again between the choke point, blasting them at range and setting up 5-6 (at minimum) dragon flyers surrounding the check point, they would of easily dispatched them.

They kept the range advantage for a while though, and War Machine did a pretty good job of holding the checkpoint until he caught a sucker punch.

But this is a movie, and safe and reliable tactics are boring :P

Plus, virtually all modern tactics are designed with the enemy having a sense of self preservation. If you can mass produce the outriders, make sure they can identify friendlies, then I think they're a more dangerous tool than you give them credit for
    They gave up the advantage willingly, they had range and dragonfliers whom could easily hover above the choke point and rain death on them. That sucker Punch came after they already stopped attacking at range. Ot was a dumb movie logic based decision which just made T'Challa look like a bad strategist. I the chitauri were more dangerous than the outrider's. It's was just a bad look for Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    this reminds me of World War Z... the book

outriders are like super powered zombies
    Except on the world war Z book they were defeated one the army set up a simple strategy, one that was shown on IW, they created a choke point and destroyed them there

Ultimate Member

Not when they mindless charge through a kill zone with no sense of strategy and literally run to their deaths.

They also purposely gave up their range advantage. Again between the choke point, blasting them at range and setting up 5-6 (at minimum) dragon flyers surrounding the check point, they would of easily dispatched them.

They gave up the advantage willingly, they had range and dragonfliers whom could easily hover above the choke point and rain death on them. That sucker Punch came after they already stopped attacking at range. Ot was a dumb movie logic based decision which just made T'Challa look like a bad strategist. I the chitauri were more dangerous than the outrider's. It's was just a bad look for Wakanda
    And that would have been a pretty boring movie, or Thanos' forces would have swatted them forcing hand to hand. Take your pick

Honestly, so do I. Why's I loved Priest's Panther and can't stand most horror movies.

But at the same time, make them too smart/logical and you lose tension
    No you have the enemy be smart too to counter it. You don't dumb down the heros to make the villains seem more dangerous. That's how you get Coates garbage.

Again transformers incorporated Melee and modern combat just fine and it was badass ( action being the only saving grace) and exciting. War movies have zero issue having tension and a sense of hopelessness while utilizing modern combat. Again this only made T'Challa and Wakanda look bad Because they struggled with arguably the easiest army out of all the Avengers movies at that time despite having huge advantages that they just threw away for no reason while also having more numbers to their side and better resources at their disposal.

And that would have been a pretty boring movie, or Thanos' forces would have swatted them forcing hand to hand. Take your pick
    How about they amp.the villains up. Give them Aerial support, anti aircraft, have them force them to hand to hand. That WOULD of been better than "Alright we set up a choke point and are killing them by the dozens per second and have taken zero casualties. Quick! Lets drop this great advantage and air support and meet these rabid raging 4 armed beasts with superior numbers, speed and strength and zero regards for their lives head on in H2H combat! Wakanda forever!!!" Like WTF?

Ultimate Member

No you have the enemy be smart too to counter it. You don't dumb down the heros to make the villains seem more dangerous. That's how you get Coates garbage.

Again transformers incorporated Melee and modern combat just fine and it was badass ( action being the only saving grace) and exciting. War movies have zero issue having tension and a sense of hopelessness while utilizing modern combat. Again this only made T'Challa and Wakanda look bad Because they struggled with arguably the easiest army out of all the Avengers movies at that time despite having huge advantages that they just threw away for no reason while also having more numbers to their side and better resources at their disposal.
    Ugh, you're going to defend Transformers?

War movies have protagonists who lack super powers. The only decent sci-fi war movie where the characters use intelligent tactics is Battle Los Angeles, and the cast lost a character almost every single action scene. Don't think we would have wanted that.

Wakanda did far better than New York. The Avengers were only able to contain the damage, slowing down the advance team but things got dire when the aliens actually got their **** together and counter attacked as an army.

In contrast, Wakanda and the Avengers drove off Thanos' people, and kept them away from population centers. I'd call that a win, for Wakanda and the movie budget

[B]

Except on the world war Z book they were defeated one the army set up a simple strategy, one that was shown on IW, they created a choke point and destroyed them there
    They set up the easy strategy AFTER getting absolutely obliterated and sending the wordl in panic.

T'challa didn't have much time to plan the counter invasions. The Avengers came to tell them what was going on, and then boom... a giant spaceship smashes against the some and lands outside.

As we saw in endgame... Wakandas full army is MUCH biggerr than what showed up in IW. Now how they managed to muster their entire army while managing the snap being undone is just comic book magic though hahaha
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Lets No-Prize it and say that Wakanda's main army was handling evac and getting entrenched in the city in the event that the first line fell

Lets No-Prize it and say that Wakanda's main army was handling evac and getting entrenched in the city in the event that the first line fell
    and the jets were used to get people out of the city faster

Win Win!! lol

And yes I WOULD nitpick things a decent bit as a T'challa fan.

But most of my nitpick would have been for TCHALLA getting more individual cool fighting sequences lol.

Don't care abotu the redshirts haha
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ugh, you're going to defend Transformers?

War movies have protagonists who lack super powers. The only decent sci-fi war movie where the characters use intelligent tactics is Battle Los Angeles, and the cast lost a character almost every single action scene. Don't think we would have wanted that.

Wakanda did far better than New York. The Avengers were only able to contain the damage, slowing down the advance team but things got dire when the aliens actually got their **** together and counter attacked as an army.

In contrast, Wakanda and the Avengers drove off Thanos' people, and kept them away from population centers. I'd call that a win, for Wakanda and the movie budget
    No I'm not defending transformers, I very clearly in my post stated the action was the only saving grace.

Yes WK did better in the end, however, the tension and hopelessness was forced and It didn't feel organic. T'Challa literally set up this great strategic plan then immediately threw it away because, let's fight a enemy force who is bigger, stronger, faster and has greater numbers, because.... Movie logic, again they dumbed down the heroes to make the villains seem more dangerous, and then to ultimately have Thor come and save the day. It was dumb. I'm just saying it wouldn't kill directors to have Characters use a little more intelligence. Hell a simple counter to the bottle neck could of just been there were so many B that eventually their sheer numbers was getting past all the death being hurled at them from the fliers and Sonic spears.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They set up the easy strategy AFTER getting absolutely obliterated and sending the wordl in panic.

T'challa didn't have much time to plan the counter invasions. The Avengers came to tell them what was going on, and then boom... a giant spaceship smashes against the some and lands outside.

As we saw in endgame... Wakandas full army is MUCH biggerr than what showed up in IW. Now how they managed to muster their entire army while managing the snap being undone is just comic book magic though hahaha
    Again, my problem is simply for the fact that T'Challa came up with a really good strategy on the fly, he should of kept to it, and the enemies counter should of just been sheer numbers eventually getting through the bottle neck.

That would of upped the tension Because even with a bottle neck and these creatures kept coming with abandon and given their size and speed they couldn't hold them off until finally they got to them, which T'Challa rallys the army and they charge them. I just hate seeing the best tactical mind immediately through away his advantage 2 sec after deploying it.

But this is also just a nitpick and of it see up to me that would of seen through their strategy and we would of had a 3 way Battle between widow Okoye and Wanda vs Proxima, vision and Cap vs corvus, and T'Challa and banner vs dwarf
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-10-2021 at 06:24 AM.

Shuri was mentioned in Batwoman last night.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

I think part of the problem is the overuse of big faceless armies in the Avengers movies. The smaller battles are usually more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Shuri was mentioned in Batwoman last night.
    How does that even work

Movie references in a riddle set by Spoiler. Tiana from Disney's The Princess and the Frog was mentioned in the same scene.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman