Page 385 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435485885 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is the fact that it is all he did.

No character development for Eden. No reason given to why he is in Wakanda at all as him and Tchalla have no past relations. No arc. all he did is teleport. He did more in one issue of The Crew than he did in 5 years of BP comics
    A funny thing about that is Coates went through the trouble of trying to make him see Harlem as his home, then Krakoa comes along. Lol.

But I don't think we've seen his reaction unless it's in that new SWORD book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    It’s a shame that literally nobody who’s written Black Panther before has thought of this.
    Yea Baron Macabre should definitely be used more and given a revamp. I’d want him to be from the Jabari tribe and after his village is destroyed during one of their violent rebellions against the throne he learns necromancy from some forbidden tome. He tries to convince M’Baku to use allow him to raise an undead army and take over Wakanda but is driven out of the Jabarilands for his unholy practices.

He retreats to Serpent Valley where he exposes himself to the Resurrection Altar after paying a toll to Sombre, the watcher of the swamp. With this increase in power and additional training he hopes to usurp T’Challa as KOTD and prevent all future wars by making everyone undead and forcing them to follow his will.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Manifold was wasted potential that is better off being excised at this point. A young black superhuman that looks up to T’Challa and has a unique powerset? I was 100% down for him being part of the mythos especially since he was such a blank slate that he could’ve been absorbed into the franchise fully. But we already had a character like that in Vibraxas and Manifold being a mutant creates a permanent black cloud around his character that ties him to the X-Office, which should not be interacting with any BP lore or supporting characters.

Which isn’t even getting into how much of a non-entity he was under Coates. He didn’t have a personality or interesting dynamic with T’Challa I don’t think we’re even given any explanation for why he was working in Wakanda and why T’Challa cared to have him around. He was a glorified taxi to move the plot.

Ewing has done more with Manifold in 4 issues in a supporting capacity than Coates has done in like 6 years as one of his most important secondary characters. Manifold is finally being taken seriously and all it took was an experienced scribe who genuinely gives a damn about representation to make it happen. Ewing is the best thing that can happen to a black character at Marvel, he proves it every time he writes a book lol.

I agree, wouldn’t be a fan of KOTD turning into the Avatar state. I don’t think it should be a buff so much as a complementary set of skills that delve into the more intimate aspects of being the champion of Bast. I’d like to see it be used to resurrect the weak souls of the deceased, summon the spear of Bashenga to be used against dark magic, and commune with the souls of his BP predecessors and Bast herself. Coates’ iteration of KOTD wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t used in interesting ways.

We should be getting lore of the spear of Bashenga and seeing how T’Challa uses his low level necromancy to help him in the field. I think the emphasis should always be on T’Challa’s martial arts, gadgets, and strategic mind, but having a foot in the mystical is logical for his character even if he’s not as comfortable with it as say Shuri. KOTD represents that next step for T’Challa to play into the more esoteric elements of BP lore as far as the gods are concerned, which is important IMO. I look at it as an umbrella for all the skills T’Challa has relating to Bast and mysticism.
    I mean I guess the soul stocking was okay. But it still took away from his natural instincts. Honestly Priests version of his connection to the spiritual side of WK was the best. The spirit spear was redundant to the energy Daggers, but I would say soul stocking (if he is using it mainly for mystical threats) and the spirit spear being his arsenal works good enough. But I don't care for the KotD aspects that Hickman brought on or the rotk rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I see what you mean. Yeah, they kinda dropped the ball on him. I think T'Challa having another hero around is a cool idea but they need to put more effort into the characterization. I'm just saying T'Challa using Eden to teleport isn't a knock against T'Challa

Ok
    It is a knock against T'Challa. He has been shown to have way better teleportation tech than Eden. Both in time runs out and in Ultimates. TRO he was able to travel across continents in second's and. In ultimates he was able to travel for earth, through space to Galactus ship in an instant as well.. it WAS a knock against T'Challa in every way shale and form

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It is a knock against T'Challa. He has been shown to have way better teleportation tech than Eden. Both in time runs out and in Ultimates. TRO he was able to travel across continents in second's and. In ultimates he was able to travel for earth, through space to Galactus ship in an instant as well.. it WAS a knock against T'Challa in every way shale and form
    But why is it a problem for T'Challa to use a different method?

Yea Baron Macabre should definitely be used more and given a revamp. I’d want him to be from the Jabari tribe and after his village is destroyed during one of their violent rebellions against the throne he learns necromancy from some forbidden tome. He tries to convince M’Baku to use allow him to raise an undead army and take over Wakanda but is driven out of the Jabarilands for his unholy practices.

He retreats to Serpent Valley where he exposes himself to the Resurrection Altar after paying a toll to Sombre, the watcher of the swamp. With this increase in power and additional training he hopes to usurp T’Challa as KOTD and prevent all future wars by making everyone undead and forcing them to follow his will.
    That’s a cool revamped origin story for him.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

I’ll be honest, I don’t have an issue with Manifold teleporting T’Challa everywhere. I didn’t like him being necessary in order for T’Challa to save Shuri or for him to resurrect the previous BPs. But my biggest issue is that outside being a taxi/plot device he had no character. I guess you can thank Coates for keeping Manifold out of limbo but other than that he did quite literally nothing with the character in terms of building depth or interest. He, like many characters in the bloated cast Coates introduced, was poorly used and ultimately a waste of time.

Ultimate Member

I’ll be honest, I don’t have an issue with Manifold teleporting T’Challa everywhere. I didn’t like him being necessary in order for T’Challa to save Shuri or for him to resurrect the previous BPs. But my biggest issue is that outside being a taxi/plot device he had no character. I guess you can thank Coates for keeping Manifold out of limbo but other than that he did quite literally nothing with the character in terms of building depth or interest. He, like many characters in the bloated cast Coates introduced, was poorly used and ultimately a waste of time.
    Yeah I agree on that. Idk if T'Challa needed him necessarily to save Shuri. But really Eden came off disadvantaged with his minimal character development. He got to appear in comics at least, but considering he's a mutant and works for T'Challa, he could've gotten more.

It is just one of those things like... Why Manifold?

There was never an explanation. He's just kinda there. Dude isn't even African or anything. Never been on the same team really. They have no prior interactions that I know of.

It is like HIckman went "Avengers need a teleporter" so he used Manifold. Then Coates went, "thats great idea" and have T'challa use him too lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

There was never an explanation. He's just kinda there. Dude isn't even African or anything. Never been on the same team really. They have no prior interactions that I know of.

It is like HIckman went "Avengers need a teleporter" so he used Manifold. Then Coates went, "thats great idea" and have T'challa use him too lol.
    Maybe T'Challa and him both liked the same video games?

BP and the Crew takes place before the first arc. But they never had a conversation of why he came to WK with him. Lol

Honestly he doesn't need it. It's pretty clear at this point Hickman only used it so he could repower T'Challa and call him King again. It's literally served no other purpose. Everything he has done in tro, every enemy he has squared off against, he would of been able to fight pre KotD anyways. HSH is all the physical boost he needs. It makes him more impressive to fight above his weight class using his tech in orthodox and unorthodox ways, as well as his mind, to even the playing field. Rather then using a deus ex machina to increase his power. I feel it would be overused just like how Coates overused the force push to make up for his uninspired fight scenes. Just trash it and integrate it into his current powerset. Make him bast champion and he is blessed by her, so his connect to previous BPs is stronger than a normal BP.

Eden, like Storm, has been a complete waste of time on the Mythos. He showed up and became T'Challas protege, despite them never talking ever on the comics, so a contrived relationship. Coates has T'Challa mention he should tell Eden what happened to him after tro yet that's the last we hear about it.

They don't actually talk, Eden is a Uber, and redundant one at best considering T'Challa already had teleportation tech that is better than Eden anyways.

Eden being needed to rescue Shuri and summon the previous Panthers was also bullshit and absolutely stupid. T'Challas own power and tech was sidelined for a dude no one gives a frak about. Then he was all of a sudden dating Shuri even though they never interacted either. Then Eden and Storm became the key to defeating N'Jadaka, as well as adding on another mutant that apparently is needed to help Wakanda beat back N'Jadaka.. the whole thing screams of Coates SIMPING to write an x book "Look I will isht all over this mythos if you would just allow me to write an x book! You say jump I'll say how high?"

I want someone to have the backbone to have T'Challa just tell them all off and to pound vibranium sand
    Stuff like that is why I’m in favor of getting the protégé/sidekick role getting filled asap ( like the love interest role needs to be)... Next time it can be worse then Eden situation..

Because it directly took away his tech, intelligence, and overalls capability feats on favor of a Z list Character he has literally zero ties to or relationship with. Yet this Character all of a sudden was needed to not only save his sister, but save Wakanda and summon the previous Black Panthers. Something the king of the dead power should of been more than able to do. Plus T'Challa already had superior teleportation tech. This literally only benefitted Eden at the cost of making T'Challa and Wakanda lol look bad. Just like his boosts to Storm. Coates entire run can be summed up to making T'Challa and Wakanda look bad to prop up pet/side characters no one cares about

Ultimate Member

Because it directly took away his tech, intelligence, and overalls capability feats on favor of a Z list Character he has literally zero ties to or relationship with. Yet this Character all of a sudden was needed to not only save his sister, but save Wakanda and summon the previous Black Panthers. Something the king of the dead power should of been more than able to do. Plus T'Challa already had superior teleportation tech. This literally only benefitted Eden at the cost of making T'Challa and Wakanda lol look bad. Just like his boosts to Storm. Coates entire run can be summed up to making T'Challa and Wakanda look bad to prop up pet/side characters no one cares about
    I don't totally agree. T'Challa working with somebody with powers similar to his tech doesn't make him look weak. It shows he knows how to work with others.

Ewing did more to give Manifold a character in ONE issue (SWORD #3) than Coates did in his entire run.

https://www.youdontreadcomics.com/co...1/2/10/sword-3