Page 496 of 631 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506546596 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 9456
  1. #7426
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    All teh starting gear i've seen of this game has been straight up garbage lol

    For 20 bucks though... I only need like 10 hours of fun so, fingers crossed lol
    Square Enix are pretty decent storytellers who do a solid job of recreating these characters for this game, I’m 90% sure T’Challa won’t suck lol. Does anyone remember that list of all his different attacks, because iirc the developers were doing deep cuts like Shadow Physics.

  2. #7427
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    989

    Default

    Besides for the mask it looks okay.

    Guess it's called War For Wakanda


  3. #7428
    Incredible Member Lord Morph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Eh. I think the suit is okay

    Not great but not bad either
    This is basically where am at. Plus I'm sure they will have a lot of skins available.

  4. #7429
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Square Enix are pretty decent storytellers who do a solid job of recreating these characters for this game, Iím 90% sure TíChalla wonít suck lol. Does anyone remember that list of all his different attacks, because iirc the developers were doing deep cuts like Shadow Physics.
    Square Enix aren't the ones making this game. Crystal Dynamics are, and I have found the story stuff the Avengers game VERY underwhelming.

    The leaked stuff about his powers looks and sounds cool on paper but I really don't think this game has an amazing combat system outside of the raw ideas and combat animations. The game heavily relies on gear in that regard and there aren't nearly enough skills/powers each hero gets in my opinion.

  5. #7430
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,454

    Default

    That being said I actually love that suit lol. I only wish the nose on the mask was a bit longer and more prominent, and he had the claw/tooth necklace.

  6. #7431
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    10,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Question: Which writer portrayal of T'Challa do you all prefer?

    This is not a focus on necessarily favorite story but which writer wrote your favorite T'Challa. It's a bit odd since T'Challa has so many positive attributes and writers tend to not focus on his flaws or shortcomings that make a character rich and more interesting.

    Question #2: What do you feel are his most prominent character flaws?

    His arrogance and his reluctance to ask for help? Or his non trusting nature? Most writers ignore this.
    Priest is my favorite but I really like what Iíve seen of Redjackís take so far. For now Priest is my ďtopĒ take though.

    TíChallaís fatal flaw Iíd say is his need to be perfect. He has to live up to his fatherís myth, he has to be prepared for everything (and he has to do so on his own because while others may be fallible, he canít be). He can only relate to others who share his overwhelming desire to pursue an ideal, like Reed who has a similar devotion to science. But while Reed will always choose his family over science, TíChalla will always choose Wakanda over his own personal happiness, which means he tends to end up depressed and lonely underneath that stoic exterior. No one else really understands the weight on his shoulders, Shuri wasnít the heir to the throne and so even though she has been in his shoes, she canít really relate to growing up every day feeling the eyes of all Wakanda on you, comparing you to your father.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  7. #7432
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Priest is my favorite but I really like what I’ve seen of Redjack’s take so far. For now Priest is my “top” take though.

    T’Challa’s fatal flaw I’d say is his need to be perfect. He has to live up to his father’s myth, he has to be prepared for everything (and he has to do so on his own because while others may be fallible, he can’t be). He can only relate to others who share his overwhelming desire to pursue an ideal, like Reed who has a similar devotion to science. But while Reed will always choose his family over science, T’Challa will always choose Wakanda over his own personal happiness, which means he tends to end up depressed and lonely underneath that stoic exterior. No one else really understands the weight on his shoulders, Shuri wasn’t the heir to the throne and so even though she has been in his shoes, she can’t really relate to growing up every day feeling the eyes of all Wakanda on you, comparing you to your father.

  8. #7433
    Spectacular Member Askia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Meh, that suit looks like the Wakandan Shredder,
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. Ė Dr Wil Rose

  9. #7434
    Astonishing Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    Meh, that suit looks like the Wakandan Shredder,
    Not loving the helmet but since ill be buying all the costumes it doesn't matter

  10. #7435
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Priest is my favorite but I really like what I’ve seen of Redjack’s take so far. For now Priest is my “top” take though.

    T’Challa’s fatal flaw I’d say is his need to be perfect. He has to live up to his father’s myth, he has to be prepared for everything (and he has to do so on his own because while others may be fallible, he can’t be). He can only relate to others who share his overwhelming desire to pursue an ideal, like Reed who has a similar devotion to science. But while Reed will always choose his family over science, T’Challa will always choose Wakanda over his own personal happiness, which means he tends to end up depressed and lonely underneath that stoic exterior. No one else really understands the weight on his shoulders, Shuri wasn’t the heir to the throne and so even though she has been in his shoes, she can’t really relate to growing up every day feeling the eyes of all Wakanda on you, comparing you to your father.
    I see your take but was T'Challa the heir as he had to win the throne through trial by combat. But him being T'Chaka eldest child would put untold pressure to live up to his father's legacy.

  11. #7436
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    19,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I see your take but was T'Challa the heir as he had to win the throne through trial by combat. But him being T'Chaka eldest child would put untold pressure to live up to his father's legacy.
    There is probably something to every iteration of the fight to get his throne, that he fought in a mask.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  12. #7437
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    There is probably something to every iteration of the fight to get his throne, that he fought in a mask.
    That leads to an interesting question, why did he fight as an unknown in a mask? Was he not supposed to? Did he think S'yan would of held back if he knew who it was? Was it to reinforce to the Wakandan people that anybody can be BP by showing a "nobody" win the challenge?

    I am curious as to the reason behind why he hid his face

  13. #7438

  14. #7439
    Be seeing youÖ DigiCom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That leads to an interesting question, why did he fight as an unknown in a mask? Was he not supposed to? Did he think S'yan would of held back if he knew who it was? Was it to reinforce to the Wakandan people that anybody can be BP by showing a "nobody" win the challenge?

    I am curious as to the reason behind why he hid his face
    Possibly an homage to the GA Wonder Woman origin... there are a few similarities.

  15. #7440
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    2,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Makes you wonder how different things would’ve been if he got cast as Drax.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •