Page 31 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With the way T'Challa describes the other Avengers, it feels like Aaron has a better handle on T'Challa then he does the rest of the team (and I guess he doesn't know Jen and Robbie well enough to concretely sum up their habits?).
    He always has if wolverine or storm isn't around lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Just cause I wanna egg Ekie on (a guy disagree with 99% of the time about the OG movie) and maybe see what GIF reaction DBOI posts.

John Campea theorizes Steve Rogers may join Black Panther 2 for a small part to help bring some star power since they are not recasting T'Challa.
    Sorry. I just gotta. This is not a serious post! I never read Ultimate Marvel, but I wouldn't because from what I understand Cap was BP in disguise or some such. You all know that's what's gonna happen. Lol. (Please don't shoot me on my way out.)
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Sorry. I just gotta. This is not a serious post! I never read Ultimate Marvel, but I wouldn't because from what I understand Cap was BP in disguise or some such. You all know that's what's gonna happen. Lol. (Please don't shoot me on my way out.)
    You do not bring up "he who should not be named" in this thread without an instant perma ban sir

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With the way T'Challa describes the other Avengers, it feels like Aaron has a better handle on T'Challa then he does the rest of the team (and I guess he doesn't know Jen and Robbie well enough to concretely sum up their habits?).
    There are some characters that Aaron clearly has a lot of time for, Black Panther is one of them.

No matter what you say about Aaron's Avengers, he's written T'Challa like a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    There are some characters that Aaron clearly has a lot of time for, Black Panther is one of them.

No matter what you say about Aaron's Avengers, he's written T'Challa like a boss.
    I would be all for Aaron taking over the ongoing. Problem is, Twitter would probably bitch about it.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I would be all for Aaron taking over the ongoing. Problem is, Twitter would probably bitch about it.
    SWAD Aaron? In a hot minute.

"I like to create dark gods that kill off/depower characters" Aaron? Not so much. You just KNOW he'd tell a story about the death of the Panther God. After all, look at the list of characters he's created:

Knull
    Gorr the God-Butcher
    Imperator & the Empirikull
    The Dark Celestials

And that's not even getting into the continuity headache of the 1,000,000 BC Avengers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Damn. You all have been burned, I guess.

You can relax. On all of it.

this is going to be FIRE.

not only will everybody here be happy. everybody will be happy.
    I know you’re gonna deliver one of the best BP stories in a longtime! If you didn’t see my other posts, I’ve been really digging your Vixen and Green Lantern, so you got the talent to do something great with T’Challa.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You do not bring up "he who should not be named" in this thread without an instant perma ban sir

Could....not....resist. ��
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    SWAD Aaron? In a hot minute.

"I like to create dark gods that kill off/depower characters" Aaron? Not so much. You just KNOW he'd tell a story about the death of the Panther God. After all, look at the list of characters he's created:

Knull
    Gorr the God-Butcher
    Imperator & the Empirikull
    The Dark Celestials

And that's not even getting into the continuity headache of the 1,000,000 BC Avengers.
    This, have no interest at all on any BP ongoing with JA as the writer
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 01-15-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    That Black Panther: King In Black panel where T'Challa is going for Storm:

I love it!! Tchalla fighting to save his true and ONLY love is all we need!! im here for it!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I mean, if every time you were given a piece of chocolate, it ended up being a piece of ****, you'd be scared of the next piece of chocolate too right?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I mean, if every time you were given a piece of chocolate, it ended up being a piece of ****, you'd be scared of the next piece of chocolate too right?
    different company.

These are Cool G Cookies.

As to the story.

What I hate about tie-ins is when there's no coordination between the main book and the various solo titles that tie in. Mosaic got screwed royally because nobody bothered to check with me about his powerset or whether the things they had him doing in the main story would even work based on how he actually worked.

never consulted, never called and they clearly never actually read the book. this forced me to do massive damage control rewrites to explain away all the stuff they got wrong. it pissed me off.

SO...

instead of that, prior to even coming up with this KiB story, I asked for EVERYTHING that had been written or drawn into the main mini-series books so that MY tie-in would match up.

If you're not reading the main story, you're not going to lose anything with this one-shot, IOW: you do not NEED to read them all. But if you ARE reading the main KiB series, some of this imagery they've just released is going to mean something TOTALLY different to you than face value.

i did not come to this so i could rehash old stuff.

This is a straight-up T'Challa is a badass story. If you're not here for that, you're not gonna love it.

Also, you're gonna love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This is opinion, not fact. This is the problem, it's not about the story, they could create the best BP story in the franchise history but it won't mean anything to you. And what if you don't like the actor who they recast T'Challa with?
    There is no in story reason that makes sense. Period. Either T'Challa is dead (which is a shitty thing to do to people on screen) or he is written out that takes him away (which it's only saving grace is that it allows for a potential recast) but neither one of those make any sense. T'Challa was dead for 5 years and now he is going to be gone again for good out of his franchise? There's no good story for that given what transpired in the previous solo and the Avengers movies.

Except when the tiresome were it's not and this inset about comics. Don't deflect the conversation away from the MCU when that's what recasting Bsoeman is about. We've had runs in BP's ongoing with protagonist who weren't T'Challa as Black panther. Did you read Priest's run? Let's not pretend the context in Marvel that the Black panther identity was solely limited to T'Challa as if the identity lives or dies by his being in the costume. Never has been. Multiple Black panther's have taken up that identity in that 50+ years, it wasn't unbroken by T'Challa.
    Not moving anything away from the MCU.but you made the argument that other's have taken the mantle in comics so it's okay. Abd in every situation (except flags Because he wasn't born) he was still BP. Maybe you could argue in Priest run he wasn't when km took it but that was few issues. Hardly passing the mantle. And as for Kasper? He wore A HABIT, but he wasn't the black panther. Go to iron fist thread or DS thread and ask them WHO IS the immortal IF or sorcerer supreme. There's been other IF but that title belongs to Danny Rand.

They've heavily implied it and it continues unabated. Boseman's legacy and impact on the world as a person and Black panther is diminished by doing this. I keep bringing up how difficult this is but they don't care. Just do it, Marvel it's not like Hollywood's ever had problems with this before. Which again ignore the fact that Boseman died as if that wouldn't make Marvel pause for various reasons, both emotional and business reasons to honor his legacy. This isn't comics, Boseman was a living, breathing man not a piece of paper. Bond and Batman's actors don't get replaced when they die, they leave or quit and go onto other projects and most of those characters don't occur in the same universe. Actors don't have that control over those characters, even if they wanted to.This isn't about the actors or the characters it's about the audience, they don't think Boseman's being respected BP's movies just got much harder staying in production.
    Have you read or heard any of Chadwicks interviews? He talks all the time about looking bout for the next person who will succeed him and setting up the path for that person to do so. He talked about breaking the Hollywood mindset that more only one Black person can exist in a space at a time.

People have said multiple times that Chadwick was a trailblazer, but it's somehow more respectful to let all of his hardwork die with him instead of see what he did and allowing for someone else (after people have been able to grieve) to follow down that path?

Both were wrong, if I had encountered Shuri fans like this I'd call them out but I haven't had the opportunity to. Except you're not addressing the fact both did that for the same wrong reason they just didn't have an opinion you disagreed with. Respecting Boseman had nothing to do with it.
    The whole recast thing came up because people kept pushing for Shuri, and there were plenty of people, myself included who were saying people need to chill and let folks grieve. If you were around you would of seen that. But sure keep making assumptions.

So? Were they right because of those feelings? No. Feelings by themselves just cause chaos and destruction, without facts or wisdom to temper that heat in fandom brings pain, this is how we Ron Marz got death threats for making Hal Jordan a villain. Because people let their feelings guide them into acting like fools. True, and in a perfect world we would have more adventures of T'Challa in the MCU excerpt Boseman died creating a void in the status quo. This is more about replacing Boseman than T'Challa, not the reverse. T'Challa didn't do that by himself, he has no agency himself in media its the artists, writers and editors who did that heavy lifting. All fictional characters do this for their franchises. Not many of them survive recasting an iconic actor in an iconic role and they definitely don't do this in the same universe like T'Challa's in. It sucks, I love for them to recast Chadwick but that's not happening right now. Going by the DCU movies T'Challa's going to have wait 8 years, that's what happened when the Joker and that still needed to be in a new movie universe.
    No, what been about replacing Chad were the calls for Shuri, Nakia, Erik, etc etc. To take the mantle up. Folks wee calling for Shuri to take the mantle in BP II the day after BP I dropped. NO ONE CAN REPLACE CHADWICK. It's not an about replacing him, it's about a character who inspired millions of people around the world, a character who brought to young black boys a powerful role model to look up to abd full of inspiration and excellence, and allowing that character to live on. We likely won't see another Chadwick Boseman in our lifetime. But we CAN see T'Challa brought to the big screen again and inspire millions

Coates era has really seemed like we were all put into this weird bizarro world where the book is isht but everyone talks like it's the greatest thing to happen to the character ever..

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Coates era has really seemed like we were all put into this weird bizarro world where the book is isht but everyone talks like it's the greatest thing to happen to the character ever..
    I'm just looking forward to wiping away anything Coates, much like 2020!