Page 42 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142542 ... LastLast

Come on y'all tell me I wasn't the only one who noticed the Homage to Chad in the Avengers issue today

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Come on y'all tell me I wasn't the only one who noticed the Homage to Chad in the Avengers issue today
    Oh, I caught it all right. I guess it just flew over everybody's head at the end there.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Dying is easy. Living is hard.

We're not still here because of the people who took the "honorable death." We're here because of the strong. The ones who took what life threw at them and stood.

300 years ago we had our faiths, languages, cultures and families destroyed were shipped, essentially to another planet like fucking cattle. Cattle who could be raped and murdered and mutilated AT WILL. The people who stood up to that, ANYWAY, who rebelled, who survived, who beat this nation into step with the line it claims to follow, that's who WE are. That's WHAT we are.

Astronauts. Invented JAZZ. President. Vice President. Attorney General. Secretary of Defense. Dominant in sports, in the arts, in fashion. Stellar in medicine, science and invention.

In only a century we went from uneducated underclass to RUNNING this ****. THAT is us. And they fought us at every single step. They're STILL fighting us. Name another subculture what built itself from less than zero into what we are now. I'll wait. You won't find one. Nowhere on this planet or in its history. Nowhere.

Screw Killmonger's whiney ass. He missed the damned point and he got what he deserved.
    Cosigned. Which is one if many reasons why I wont accept him as an antihero replacement for Tchalla. He is not Tchalla or anything like him. I became a black panther fan because of the standards, ideology, and characteristics of Tchalla the Black Panther. Any ol black guy/girl in the suit wont satisfy me.

Abd I am just hoping, PRAYING, that T'Challa can finally beat his ass down like he so utterly deserves.

Redjack: ^^^

Killmongers ass:

Seriously people need to remember, Erik killed himself so he didn't have to deal with the consequences of his so called "liberation of Black people" because he didn't actually care. He was mad at the World. That last line is powerful but it also showcases his own self righteousness is surrounded by pride and ego. He wouldn't admit he was wrong and that if he really wanted to help he could do so in life and not death, but it was to try and stick it to T'Challa. Erik didn't die heroically or honorably, he took the cowardly route to rid himself of accountability and responsibility

I agree with you but you except too much of the casual audience who believes for the most part that Mbaku "The man ape" would be a great choice to replace Tchalla as "The Black Panther". At a point, its up to the creators to be much more clear and direct otherwise we get situations loke this where ppl believe a titular character is not even the titular character and that it's "just a mantle".

Can you elaborate? I wont get to read it until this weekend

Astonishing Member

We're not still here because of the people who took the "honorable death." We're here because of the strong. The ones who took what life threw at them and stood.

300 years ago we had our faiths, languages, cultures and families destroyed were shipped, essentially to another planet like fucking cattle. Cattle who could be raped and murdered and mutilated AT WILL. The people who stood up to that, ANYWAY, who rebelled, who survived, who beat this nation into step with the line it claims to follow, that's who WE are. That's WHAT we are.

Astronauts. Invented JAZZ. President. Vice President. Attorney General. Secretary of Defense. Dominant in sports, in the arts, in fashion. Stellar in medicine, science and invention.

In only a century we went from uneducated underclass to RUNNING this ****. THAT is us. And they fought us at every single step. They're STILL fighting us. Name another subculture what built itself from less than zero into what we are now. I'll wait. You won't find one. Nowhere on this planet or in its history. Nowhere.

Screw Killmonger's whiney ass. He missed the damned point and he got what he deserved.
    My only criticism is the idea that life is harder than death. It helps feed into the myth that death is a good thing.

It's because he could've made something of his life that makes Killmonger's turn evil and death so disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Can you elaborate? I wont get to read it until this weekend
    Since it's not a huge spoiler: We discover near the end of the issue that one of the Wakandan Helicarriers is named the Boseman.

BANNED

Slavery in its purest form is theft (human trafficking) .

How should we treat thieves? like C&C... & the people supporting CB4 (Coates & Coogler= the real-life CB4).

they still should be ashamed... the BP creators missed the damned point and will get what they deserve. WWO #1 since 2014.

Paging Mister Geofffrey Thorne aka Redjack...

Hey teacher, leave them Storm fans alone... All in all it's just another vibranium in the wall!

Your stock is rising in my book sir keep up your Troll work and soon your turn to the dark side of the force will be complete!

Get Hectic!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Paging Mister Geofffrey Thorne aka Redjack...

Hey teacher, leave them Storm fans alone... All in all it's just another vibranium in the wall!

Your stock is rising in my book sir keep up your Troll work and soon your turn to the dark side of the force will be complete!

You wrong for using Cosby. You need to know that.

but i never troll. I just state.

Nobody HAS to respond. These same people would have LOVED my theory for what and why mutants are, put up the same exact way in the same exact venue. Strangely, nobody swarmed in to say, "Wow! Dude! That is SICK! When can I get some of this?!"

Because the people who speak loudest and most often in social media are those who make nothing and love nothing except to tear other things and people down.

I'm not the one for that. I been in this a minute and most of them just got here. "Hang on or hang up" is the only rule.

Stating the facts is never trolling. Not my fault if folks are in the tea and don't know the flavor.

Redjack you are headed towards legendary status...

You are Hudlin on steroids you stay Hulking out nonstop my friend!

Note: It was either Cosby or Geoffrey the Giraffe

If you get a chance pick up some aspirin for Paul Muad'Dib... Thanks!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by flex hectic View Post
    redjack you are headed towards legendary status...

You are hudlin on steroids you stay hulking out nonstop my friend!

Note: It was either cosby or geoffrey the giraffe

oh, hell no! No, you didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Cute scene, though as always, it's politics are a little late.
    How do you mean?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Avengers #41 was great. When Aaron writes T'Challa well, he does a damn good job. I do agree with the other opinions though. We should have seen the stuff Nighthawk and T'Challa were arguing about over the course of this series, instead of being told about it. It sounds way too interesting to leave it behind. I've been watching The Crown on Netflix and that is the kind of political intrigue the Black Panther franchise needs right now.

I'm sure T'Challa wins his fight against Nighthawk.