Page 453 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553953 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Anyway there's more youtube reactions. Sad it took his death, but T'Challa really hit for people. I'm hoping this is something Marvel takes notice of.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    A little bit of positivity got you upset. Sounds like a you problem. Edited: to not be disrespectful.

I hope you read my later post. What Coates did doesnt erase the great stuff before it. Thats still there for people can go back to it. Just like now Coates run gave us something different. You saw safe, others saw careful. You saw weak and others saw strength in allowing yourself to be vulnerable. We got Ridley coming up. Maybe that will float your boat. However, NOPE the more I look the reality is that its more positive than negative. Hopefully we'll be unified with Ridley :shrugs:
    Yet his run sold like crap..

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Were Batman or WW blamed for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    In either story is the titular hero hinted at as approving of or at the very least turning a blind eye to those?
    In the WW story I recall Diana being mocked for not questioning how the Amazons reproduced and the sons of the Amazons rejected her help for assuming they were miserable with Hephaestus.

I was mostly responded to Skyvolt's question about whether or not there was rape in other comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Yet his run sold like crap..
    this is a true fact.

but sometimes, from the company POV, it's not as much about how many people actually like something as which people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    He's getting an extra villain too, if I'm not mistaken
    Yes hes getting Klaw! (Like he should have gotten in his very first introductory movie ever)

Im excited to see what they do

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    this is a true fact.

but sometimes, from the company POV, it's not as much about how many people actually like something as which people like it.
    That's some truth that probably not ready to spill lol

But hey, I kept my money in my pocket for all of Costs run. Ill keep my money in my pocket for this CooglerMCU "adaptation" going forward. And when I see the real Tchalla pop up here and there even if a one shot...cameo... Or as the leader of the avengers I'll throw dollars like they are usher bucks at the strip club

Do my real talking financially
    And my ignored complaints online or in petitions

Mighty Member

I'm curious what the fans of Coates run feel about McGregor's and am interested in what comparisons they might make. I myself feel they have some similar themes in common as well as similar pitfalls. I, myself, find McGregors much, much more entertaining even if I did feel the internal monologues were a bit too long. Coates fans? Your feelings?
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    T’Challa has been defined as a globetrotting superhero since the 70’s, Ridley isn’t stepping on Black Widow’s turf nor is he doing anything radical in centering a run around T’Challa abroad. The Priest run is the definitive run on the character and it spent the majority of its time outside Wakanda and still substantially built that world. Espionage was the core of that book. That is after all the basis of the MCU incarnation.

The Gillens run had a similar formula as did Hudlin lol. Jack Kirby too. This is BASIC information, anyone who thinks T’Challa is a purely Wakanda-based character doesn’t really get the character quite frankly. Because the majority of modern stories with the character have him juggle adventures within Wakanda and outside it (often with an emphasis on the outside). Coates was far more experimental in that regard as the only other BP run to focus completely on Wakanda was McGregor’s.
    That was literally one of the most baffling comments I've seen in this thread.

I'm glad you saw it before I did because you were much more succinct than I would have been lol.

Doubly baffling because you have people in this thread that could point you in the direction of these stories.

So, instead of acting like a know it all... why not just ask questions lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yes hes getting Klaw! (Like he should have gotten in his very first introductory movie ever)

looks like its about 25 dollars new on amazon which probably means its like 15-20 if I look harder lol

Might be worth it once BP is out. Surely there is at least 20 hours of entertainment right?

Do my real talking financially
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    A little bit of positivity got you upset. Sounds like a you problem. Edited: to not be disrespectful.

I hope you read my later post. What Coates did doesnt erase the great stuff before it. Thats still there for people can go back to it. Just like now Coates run gave us something different. You saw safe, others saw careful. You saw weak and others saw strength in allowing yourself to be vulnerable. We got Ridley coming up. Maybe that will float your boat. However, NOPE the more I look the reality is that its more positive than negative. Hopefully we'll be unified with Ridley :shrugs:
    At what point did I say it was upset. I have said the same thing from the start. If people like it cool. What I laugh at is the people who come make these articles saying that what he did was ground breaking, legendary, when you think T'Challa you think of Coates as well, and whatever ass pats they throw out there. Again of they simply said "I enjoyed the run because x" cool. Everyone has things they enjoy. But when they make the false claims with it, it's an insult to the OGs who came before him and really out in the work.

And yeah I do know he doesn't erase the stuff that came before, but his retcon current stays in the Mythos and is the kind of stuff that unfans and racists love. A Wakanda that is stereotypical africa.

Really it comes dow. To is that you keep popping in and trying so hard to post articles and say " Y'all will come around in a few years to see how great Coates is" like your desperately want people to praise it. Numbers don't lie, and good fictional storytelling requires a skill set Coates lacks. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That was literally one of the most baffling comments I've seen in this thread.

I'm glad you saw it before I did because you were much more succinct than I would have been lol.

Doubly baffling because you have people in this thread that could point you in the direction of these stories.

So, instead of acting like a know it all... why not just ask questions lol?
    There's been a lot of baffling comment's in here, really. For a long time. Like, it's okay to be to ask questions and not State things as fact when your don't know. The people here are super helpful, but to come in and make a comment that basically screams "I have no read Black Panther last Coates" so loudly, it baffling Indeed lol.

Ultimate Member

I hope they put him at full level.

I mentioned it earlier but I hope that BP goes to places like Madripoor, Japan and Russia. Should really get some good stories if T'Challa winds up in these places. I'd also like to a very obscure character to return...Kwai Far daughter of Han as the head of a new organization. She has potential.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I'm curious what the fans of Coates run feel about McGregor's and am interested in what comparisons they might make. I myself feel they have some similar themes in common as well as similar pitfalls. I, myself, find McGregors much, much more entertaining even if I did feel the internal monologues were a bit too long. Coates fans? Your feelings?
    McGregors world building was very good his Tchalla though was weak imo

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    McGregors world building was very good his Tchalla though was weak imo
    I totally agree with this most accurate statement.