Page 483 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493533583983 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think a better way to work Namor into the book would have been for the other illuminati members to insist that they need him for the last Infinity Gem.

So T'challa calls Reed, Stark, Cap, Black Bolt, Strange... they suggest using the Stones to stop the incursion. T'challa insists Namor cant be here... but they need him for the stone.

So, he relunctantly has to work with him. And once the cat is out of the bag and Namor knows about hte incursions, he can' tjust kick him out of the group with the stones explode.

IMHO, that works much better than "Tchalla invites his enemy"
    Thats a tough call though. I mean it makes sense but its very in character for Tchalla to put all that hate aside and make the necessary call for Namor and his gem to be involved
    Last edited by Ekie; 06-08-2021 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    I’m just hoping it’s not Peter Quill in blackface. I don’t want T’challa dancing around to old school rock n roll, cracking jokes etc. I want the king of Wakanda in space.

Bonus points if there’s a secondary storyline of the wakandans searching for him.

I really don’t like the idea of stripping everything away from T’challa that makes him special and putting him on the guardians.
    That's not what it's going to be though which is why it's one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. Can't believe Marvel waste of time even doing it which shows me that they don't know what they're doing. There's no point in having Tchalla removed from wakanda and running around in Star Lordscostume using star lords weapons

Thor as Captain America
    Hulk as Spiderman
    Spiderman as Daredevil

This is why the MCU should STAY completely self contained and Feigie should leave everything else alone

I have already seen people say M'Baku should take the BP mantle and go against Namor or even transfer all of T'Challa's feat/story arcs and give it to Shuri to go against Namor. What value does the mantle of the Black Panther have if you can just give it to any of the supporting characters?

Like Marlo from The Wire once said: "The crown ain't worth much if the n***a wearing it always gettin his **** took"

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I have already seen people say M'Baku should take the BP mantle and go against Namor or even transfer all of T'Challa's feat/story arcs and give it to Shuri to go against Namor. What value does the mantle of the Black Panther have if you can just give it to any of the supporting characters?

Like Marlo from The Wire once said: "The crown ain't worth much if the n***a wearing it always gettin his **** took"
    Bro, just stay off of Twitter and avoid stupid takes from MCU casuals. Your sanity will thank you for it.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Bro, just stay off of Twitter and avoid stupid takes from MCU casuals. Your sanity will thank you for it.
    Bro, it's everywhere even when I try to mute the BP keywords

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The what if? Episode for Black Panther proper could be interesting. Especially since it’s confirmed that MBJ is reprising his role as Killmonger. I’m personally hoping it’s about a scenario in which Erik grew up in Wakanda alongside T’Challa.
    This is what I was thinking. Much like that actual Black Panther movie, I feel the What If could be a low-key Killmonger What If where they still gave T'Challa something to do, but meatier parts go to Killmonger ruling Wakanda.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This is what I was thinking. Much like that actual Black Panther movie, I feel the What If could be a low-key Killmonger What If where they still gave T'Challa something to do, but meatier parts go to Killmonger ruling Wakanda.
    Tbh I'd prefer if they focus on T'Challa rather than Killmonger.

I wonder if the story line for BP2 is going to be Namor attacking Wakanda, T'Challa is presumed dead/missing and it's about the remaining forces of Wakanda pulling themselves out of the rut and pushing back against this new force that threatens them, hence the title 'Wakanda Forever'. Though I'm not sure how Namor could even tsunami Wakanda since the country is in-land in the MCU and I'm not sure I want to see Wakanda getting attacked. That plot line was already done with Klaw. I remember someone commenting that the first movie used up a whole trilogy worth of characters and storylines (M'baku, Klaw and Killmonger).

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I wonder if the story line for BP2 is going to be Namor attacking Wakanda, T'Challa is presumed dead/missing and it's about the remaining forces of Wakanda pulling themselves out of the rut and pushing back against this new force that threatens them, hence the title 'Wakanda Forever'. Though I'm not sure how Namor could even tsunami Wakanda since the country is in-land in the MCU and I'm not sure I want to see Wakanda getting attacked. That plot line was already done with Klaw. I remember someone commenting that the first movie used up a whole trilogy worth of characters and storylines (M'baku, Klaw and Killmonger).
    Namor attacking Wakanda is stupid.

hte second movie should have been the continuation of the first. Whta happens whenyou open up and try to help other countries? show us the good and the bad and its burden on T'challa. That is the story.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

hte second movie should have been the continuation of the first. Whta happens whenyou open up and try to help other countries? show us the good and the bad and its burden on T'challa. That is the story.
    Russo's Infinity War/Endgame decisions changed things.

Marvel may have pressured Coogler to do more Russo type stuff.

Boseman's death is the unfortunate monkey wrench in all of it

Seems like every MCU story is a reaction to what happened in IW/Endgame.

I've said it before, but its unfortunate we couldnt get a couple BP movies before a 5 year jump and a different world.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Or maybe Marvel told Coogler to do an adaptation of the Kirby run, with Tyler Perry as a CGI Abner Little!

Or maybe they are doing the BP in Harlem story, with Shuri teaching in Oakland!

Or revealing that the Great Mound is actually a giant lump of Celestial earwax!

(I can assume random stuff too. )

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Boseman's death is the unfortunate monkey wrench in all of it

Seems like every MCU story is a reaction to what happened in IW/Endgame.

I've said it before, but its unfortunate we couldnt get a couple BP movies before a 5 year jump and a different world.
    I mean, the first BP movie took place a week after CW even though it came in 2018. There's nothing saying they can't do that if they wanted to

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean, the first BP movie took place a week after CW even though it came in 2018. There's nothing saying they can't do that if they wanted to
    Especially considering what MCU film is coming out next month.

Now that Wakanda is the hero of this MCU story can it retain its xenophobic nature?

Astonishing Member

Agreed, but at the same time they’re in a phase where they’re expanding and doubling down on one of the main appeals of the MCU, which is major characters interacting with each other. You don’t get that with the DCEU and that’s one of the big reasons they’ll never catch up, Doctor Strange went from being a guy lukewarmly received in his debut movie (saved only by top tier visual effects) to one of the most anticipated characters in the MCU after he got to pal around with Iron Man.

Thor didn’t come into his own until after they turned his film into a buddy cop project with the Hulk and played up the comedy. The MCU is evolving into throwing all the action figures together and going bigger with every project, which makes it so Namor has a lot more viability than Achebe who will probably get relegated to D+. The only MAJOR BP story arc with a scale and crossover potential that even rivals the BP-Namor rivalry of Hickman’s New Avengers is the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda, Sturm Und Drang or Doomwar lol.
    Last edited by chief12d; 06-08-2021 at 12:18 PM.