Page 886 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 386786836876882883884885886887888889890896936986 ... LastLast
Results 13,276 to 13,290 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Some kind of multiversal blip and boom.....recast both T'Challa and Shuri and the other characters don't even notice. Continue with the rest of the film.
    Didn't stop George Lopez Show or any other show that switched out leads between pilots or seasons.

Heck Roseanne recasted Becky during its run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude BP may not even come out till 2023 Given the stuff with Letitia going on. It was already pushed back to Nov 2022 from summer so yeah, had they used the time since Chad's passing to find another actor to carry the baton they would likely be on a better position then they currently are now. Used the first 6 months to grieve then start recasting and launch the movie in Feb 2023
    You really see them literally letting millions of dollars fall through their hands over one actress? Keep in mind the longer this film stays u released the more money they loose. I find it hard to believe. They'll get her in line or they'll find another way.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Nothing in BP2 was so imminent that the movie couldn't be delayed. What was happening in BP2 that was so impactful? Possible intro of Namor? Not really.

In fact the movie has already been pushed back/delayed for various reasons. Nothing in this movie was so imminent that it would have affected how Marvel Studios approached other projects.

They had to delay because of Chad's death.

Production delayed because of Letitia's injury.

Production delayed because Letitia not vaxxed.

Production delayed because Letitia can't get back into the country.

I don't see Marvel rushing to get this movie completed anytime soon.

No, not Namor. They have an ironheart tv show coming 2023 if not sooner. She debuts in this movie. That has to come out. They have a wakands show that is doubtless going to be spinning out of this.

Im saying its highly unlikely they delay further. I'll be shocked to say the least.

Yet Letitia is still around.. probably because they can't afford to lose both siblings. Hence why recasting T'Challa should of been the end goal
    I said this when the news first broke. Letitia ain't the only one unvaxxed on that set. You dont make a set wide arm band rule for one single person.

Besides not every Hollywood production is shutting down for this. Miles Teller was on a project and he didn't get fired and he actually infected someone.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I said this when the news first broke. Letitia ain't the only one unvaxxed on that set. You dont make a set wide arm band rule for one single person.

Besides not every Hollywood production is shutting down for this. Miles Teller was on a project and he didn't get fired and he actually infected someone.
    I think the problem is the travel restrictions.

Ms Wright can't travel to the US as a foreigner because you need to be fully vaccinated to do so.

So unless the US changes its travel regulations or Ms Wright gets vaccinated (which she apparently does not want to do), then BP 2 is effectively on hold.

The only other way is to shoot around Letitia with a body double and use some CGI trickery to finish the film.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Ms Wright can't travel to the US as a foreigner because you need to be fully vaccinated to do so.

So unless the US changes its travel regulations or Ms Wright gets vaccinated (which she apparently does not want to do), then BP 2 is effectively on hold.

The only other way is to shoot around Letitia with a body double and use some CGI trickery to finish the film.
    My thing is they had to know of this issue right? Once her manager or her agent got word she should have been on the first flight back before the restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I know you guys are upset. But is there precedent for recasting a major character like this in film or tv shows after the actor dies so young? I mean I guess Richard Harris in Harry Potter. But they needed that character for the rest of the series as he was a major part of the books. So thats a little different. I don't know.
    The Crow. He died ON SET

Incredible Member

No,

The current situation was just explained in the tweet posted a page back. They literally had a knee jerk reaction and completely made a massive change to the franchise based 100% emotionally rushed decision. This wasn't thought out at all, and it's showing, it's been showing since the announcement from Feige and since then. It's going to be at a minimum 2 years since Chad's passing and they want to drudge up that memory again? They think that will honor him? Show his family they care by
    having the cast act out a funeral on screen? The more time that passes the less genuine the sentiment seems. They should of put BP on hiatus and let the cast grieve first

As much as I liked the first movie, I did have some issues with T'Challa not reflecting the "2 steps ahead" T'Challa of the comics. We talked about this on the board back then and alot of folks had an issue with how he was depicted. Only now do I feel like they failed because of how NON-COMIC BOOK-READING fans seem to think T'Challa as being completely and easily replaceable. Noone would look at Steve Rogers or Tony Stark as easily replaceable this early in their appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    You really see them literally letting millions of dollars fall through their hands over one actress? Keep in mind the longer this film stays u released the more money they loose. I find it hard to believe. They'll get her in line or they'll find another way.
    considering they aren't recasting T'Challa? Yeah I say they nate letting money fall through their hands. And what's the other way? Recast her?? All it will cause is a bigger shitstorm for them. Because then they are in a deeper mess. They will recast Shuri but not T'Challa? When they already are under fire. They brought this on themselves really

considering they aren't recasting T'Challa? Yeah I say they nate letting money fall through their hands. And what's the other way? Recast her?? All it will cause is a bigger shitstorm for them. Because then they are in a deeper mess. They will recast Shuri but not T'Challa? When they already are under fire. They brought this on themselves really
    Yep that's the first thing folks will say "Why did you recast Shuri but not T'Challa?"

Just wondering how this movie will be of any significance to the MCU?

I just don't see it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    The Crow. He died ON SET
    That wasn't a recast. The Crow movies all had different characters and didn't continue the story with Lee's character. If anything, they were more like what is happening with the Black Panther movie right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    My thing is they had to know of this issue right? Once her manager or her agent got word she should have been on the first flight back before the restrictions.
    Keep in mind this is the same actress who fired her original American publicists when she got roasted for the anti vaxxer tweets. I still think she’s committing self sabotage.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Just wondering how this movie will be of any significance to the MCU?

I just don't see it at the moment.
    Yea it doesnt seem like Kang is involved at all for real. Like something thats going to be wrapped up by Doctor Strange 2.

Also T'Challa is back trending again.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Yea... And it's a wonder why all the information coming out about the movie is production zero hype.