Page 823 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 323723773813819820821822823824825826827833873923 ... LastLast
Results 12,331 to 12,345 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Got damnit so we get badass Namor against tiny Shuri. T'CHalla putting in work on Namor would have been dope. Smh
    #teamNamor
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Gonna do all this garbage and go , "T'challa can't sell comics"

All i asked for was a mediocre book featuring T'challa and I can't even get that anymore apparently.
    Lol
    Laughing so hard it hurts! Or maybe it just hurts

Astonishing Member

They straight up said, "this idea didn't work the last time with a much bigger writer, let's try it again when the character sales have been in the 12k range! It will surely work! Just sprinkle some Alex Ross Covers in there"
    If they do plan on replacing T’Challa (temporarily or permanently) I somewhat doubt it won’t be a success at first. It’s been over a decade since we had a new BP and with how stale T’Challa has been in the comics lately I could see some legit audience interest in someone new taking over. But outside that initial story, like with pretty much every forced legacy character, it’ll flop shortly after. Marvel knows the cycle by now, this is about queuing somebody up to take after Shuri in the MCU and shaking up the BP title by launching a new lead that’ll likely polarize readers. Bonus points if the new lead is gay, disabled, etc.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

#teamNamor
    Not sourced or anything just an opinion I saw on twitter.

i am brian
    @brian_shoots
    I could actually see Namor annihilating Shuri & Wakanda in Black Panther 2 Tchalla may not be in the film but many options during the film for him to return either from the dead or he never actually died... but if Shuri is The Black Panther then Tchalla def eventually will return
    I mean that would essentially give you your Empire Strikes Back/Infinity War like ending/setup for the next movie.

Just have Namor destroy everything and have them forced to revive or find T'Challa for the next movie. However, I fear they tidy thing up.

I'd rather have a black dude in a monkey suit called Man-Ape be the titled character than have a black dude named f'ing Gentle
    i've got it! The new defender of Wakanda?

GOON SLAM GARY!!!

Last edited by DigiCom; 10-20-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Not sourced or anything just an opinion I saw on twitter.

I mean that would essentially give you your Empire Strikes Back/Infinity War like ending/setup for the next movie.

Just have Namor destroy everything and have them forced to revive or find T'Challa for the next movie. However, I fear they tidy thing up.
    I’m so spiteful right now that I want for this to happen. Only thing is that yass queen Twitter would raise hell if Wakanda takes an L during Shuris reign just to have T’Challa come later and clean things up. But like I said, I’m in full spite mode. If marvel can’t do right by the first Black superhero in comics then burn this whole damn franchise to the ground for all I care.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

This isn't optimism, this is denial yall lol.
    More like virulent sarcasm, in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    i've got it! The new defender of Wakanda?

GOON SLAM GARY!!!

* laughs in reserved judgement*

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m so spiteful right now that I want for this to happen. Only thing is that yass queen Twitter would raise hell if Wakanda takes an L during Shuris reign just to have T’Challa come later and clean things up. But like I said, I’m in full spite mode. If marvel can’t do right by the first Black superhero in comics then burn this whole damn franchise to the ground for all I care.
    That would be the fear. As we know there were people who wanted Shuri to rule/be BP long before Chad died. So yea Marvel would cave under pressure. I think if you do a villain like Namor there shouldnt be a resolution so quick. The major thing is dont trap yourselves into "dead T'Challa". I really hope someone sees the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Remember when before the movie dropped, there were tons of article's and Interviews from folks at Marvel going on anyhow important T'Challa the character was to history and how his franchise marked a very important beacon for Black folks?

Not only being the first black superhero, bit made in a time of great turning points, and how he would be extremely important in this day and age? Pepperidge farm remembers

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Remember when before the movie dropped, there were tons of article's and Interviews from folks at Marvel going on anyhow important T'Challa the character was to history and how his franchise marked a very important beacon for Black folks?

Not only being the first black superhero, bit made in a time of great turning points, and how he would be extremely important in this day and age? Pepperidge farm remembers
    This is why an interviewer needs to have the courage to bring that up. It cant be how T'Challa is so important, oh wait we want to honor Chad by getting rid of his work that helped make it important oh wait its really all about Wakanda.

I know they gotta sell tickets. But we need someone to call them out to their face about sellin wolf tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I swear to Bast of they add some bullisht in there of "On Honor of Chadwick" while replacing T'Challa in his own damn comic...

When will marvel frakking learn... YOU HAVE TO BUILD UO THE TITLE CHARACTER FIRST AND MAKE SURE THEY ATE SOLID BEFORE YOU ADD IN SOME NEW HERO. This failed with Shuri, it failed with the MA... What are they doing seriously...
    The more the cast and crew talks about the movie honoring Chadwick and the character makes it seems like it'll really be a Death of Superman type story. There will be no doubt in my mind that any review will be centered around how well they honor Chadwick.

#teamNamor
    Namor can flood Wakanda, Doom can come in and steamroll with a Doomwar adaption, and they can outright destroy it like Hickman did. Without T'Challa I couldn't care less about the BP side of the MCU.

I really wish the first movie was never made had I known all this **** would happen. Smh.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

It's amazing how Coogler skipped all the main BP villains and added Namor instead (assuming the rumours are true)

Compensate for the absence of T'Challa mainly to increase the box office potential I guess.