Page 170 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270670 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Solo was hot garbage so you’re not missing out on much.
    I have heard that as well, what confuses me about it, which made me feel it was more of a money grabbing stunt, is that when we meet Han in Episode 4, he is already pretty young as it is, so to make a prequel of an even younger Han, who was already questionable allegiance when first introduced, just doesn't make sense. Old man Solo would of made more sense... Or just not done a Solo spin off. Just done Luke or something

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I thought he switched sides when Carol tried to arrest Miles?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Remember that Carol Danvers is always on the wrong side of a Civil War conflict.

Also, remember T'Challa's reaction to Carol and Rhodey kissing?

Mighty Member

or you could say he made her relevant though.

Ain't no WandaVision without Bendis Wanda for instance.

But I mean... shout out to Bendis for Alias (dope), his Daredevil run (dope), Ultimate Spider-Man (dope), Miles Morales existence, and for putting Luke Cage as leader as the New Avengers.

But yeah... no lol. Please god no lol
    My thoughts exactly!

Better question..... If Marvel has passed on RJ/GT then I can wanna see the what with Brandon Thomas, Jason Aaron or Al Ewing could do with BP.

Yes Bendis had a horrible habit of having T'Challa give Cap verbal fellatio and acting star struck around him and being fooled by hydra Cap when he would of saw through it. Just like when he knew tigress was a traitor in the first CW. Also I dunno what Bendis was thinking by having T'Challa react like a preteen girl about rhodey and carole kissing, dude is a freaken King and a grown ass man lol.

It was just utterly stupid and just set a bad precedence on how he doesn't give a frak about characteristics and will have them spout random nonsense.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I'm convinced that if Coates gets 85% hate (putting it kindly here) then Hudlin would have got about 60 to 65% as well. on this forum during his run (especially following Priest). Fans in general just seem to tough on things they dont love today. I shouldnt speak for you but I dont believe you really hate Coates writing. You just dont love it or really like it and it bothers you.

Reminds me of The Last Jedi backlash. If its not great to you or what you expect so its deemed terrible or shitty. Naw it just doesnt capture your interest like it use to.

People here are acting like he didnt improve/get comfortable over the years. Its just telling a false narrative cause he went a different direction from what you were expecting. And thats fine. You dont have to resort to hyperbole though.
    Hudlin did NOT get as much hate for his BP run as TNC has, whatever "hate" Hudlin got is about a quarter or less at best what TNC is getting now.

And to be fair, most of the initial "haters" came to like Hudlin pretty much.....I very much doubt the those who dislike TNC's BP run will ever change on this even though I speak for myself on this opinion.

So...nobody gonna run in here and defend Bendis' BP?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Shouldnt matter, but man I hate seeing comic book movies trend and never see Black Panther among the favorites. Just a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So...nobody gonna run in here and defend Bendis' BP?
    I'm still waiting for "someone" even to answer this, since they made the statement afterall

This is an example that shows up over and over again of Coates fans saying they enjoy his stuff but all they really are doing is attacking the other side.

So here is your chance man, you got the stage.

How did his writing improve over the years?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm still waiting for "someone" even to answer this, since they made the statement afterall
    The sound of crickets can be quite deafening.

Astonishing Member

I will say that Coates’ 2018 relaunch started a lot more action heavy. He was obviously told by editorial he’s not writing a think piece and that he needs to inject some adrenaline into his work and he did that for the first part of his story. Acuna’s art definitely helped create some decent fight scenes even if they didn’t have much in the way of feats or complexity. But Coates eventually fell back into his bad habits IMO and this is easily now the worst arc he’s done despite having the most potential. Overall before T’Challa got back to Earth we got a lot of mindless action, which is better than no action.

I have one of my crazy ideas, it hit me when I was thinking about the Taskmaster #4 cover.

So we bring back the Dora Milaje and each one gets command of a unit of Hatutes and has command of security in different sectors of the country. And if we want to be progressive, we open the order for men to join. Hatutes would be a mix of men and women also.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I will say that Coates’ 2018 relaunch started a lot more action heavy. He was obviously told by editorial he’s not writing a think piece and that he needs to inject some adrenaline into his work and he did that for the first part of his story. Acuna’s art definitely helped create some decent fight scenes even if they didn’t have much in the way of feats or complexity. But Coates eventually fell back into his bad habits IMO and this is easily now the worst arc he’s done despite having the most potential. Overall before T’Challa got back to Earth we got a lot of mindless action, which is better than no action.
    I still don't see how you ruin a BP in space story. Dude had an Intergalactic Wakandan Empire and everything.

I have one of my crazy ideas, it hit me when I was thinking about the Taskmaster #4 cover.

So we bring back the Dora Milaje and each one gets command of a unit of Hatutes and has command of security in different sectors of the country. And if we want to be progressive, we open the order for men to join. Hatutes would be a mix of men and women also.
    There are some female HZs in KiB: BP. I don't have scans but they're on page 21 bottom left. They were in Birnin Mutata.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 02-28-2021 at 03:23 PM.

I kinda like them being separate honestly, having an elite group of warrior women and Wakandas essentially elite spy/Seals team. Plus why would the Doras take command of them, they should be two separate groups with different specializations. The Wakandan military/ whatever group we saw in KiB BP has both men and women. The DM and HZ I think are good as is.

That Said though, making both open to both gender invalidates Coates nonsense too
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 02-28-2021 at 02:39 PM.